nancy55

How to cancel my CR1 visa ?????

55 posts in this topic

Good luck Faatima. I hope that do what's best for you. If you want to leave your husband, then you probably have a very good reason for it. That's a decision that only you can come to. But honestly, if you're having these doubts and problems right now, moving to the US where you'll be isolated from your family, friends, culture and entire support network might be a really, really bad idea. Only you can tell whether or not you feel comfortable with the situation, and luckily, you have several months to figure it out.

I really, honestly, wish you all the best, and hope that whatever you decide, it's the best thing for you.

3/25/2006 - Got Married

3/20/2013 - I130 Priority Date
11/6/2013 - Transferred to Nebraska
1/3/2014 - NOA2
1/6/2014 - Petition shipped to NVC
1/21/2014 - NVC Received
2/24/2014 - Case # & IIN
3/3/2014 - DS-261 Available and Submitted
3/4/2014 - AOS Fee Available and Submitted
3/5/2014 - AOS Fee Paid
3/6/2014 - Received AOS Coversheet and Payment Receipt
3/7/2014 - AOS Package Sent
3/10/2014 - NVC Receives AOS package
3/12/2014 - NVC Acknowledges receipt of AOS package
3/21/2014 - Triangle of Doom appears for IV package
3/24/2014 - IV Fee Available and Submitted
3/25/2014 - IV package overnighted to the NVC
3/26/2014 - IV Fee shows PAID
3/26/2014 - DS260 available & submitted
3/26/2014 - IV package delivered to NVC
3/26/2014 - False checklist for IV fee.
3/26/2014 - AOS documents accepted w/no checklists!
3/28/2014 - IV & DS260 logged into NVC System
4/10/2014 - Case Complete!

Interview Date: June 17, 2014

Approved at Interview!

POE Newark on 6/28/2014! He's finally home!

Got a pending I-130? Tired of waiting for something to happen? Let's make something happen: http://www.visajourn...ners-committee/

We need more Twitter followers:@USCI130Cmte

Join our Facebook Group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/USGreencardpetitionerscommittee/

Filed: Timeline

Fatima at times a person U love and trust can hurt the very core of

your being, if U share a child and his faults are not in the realm of

harming a child just be sure to keep the open line of him as a parent

to that child intact..I see from your words that its done , finito, over

where U R concerned, no one knows your pain or have walked in your

shoe. I do support the notion of U visiting, and after U can approach

your consulate to ask for a visitor visa in place of spousal visa and

explain to them why. This will probably prove to them there's no immigrant

intent on your part in the future if/when U visit the USA..I think its

important to keep the option open for visits ....May peace be with you.

Yes U can just sit and let everything expire,but who knows the future

Good luck Faatima. I hope that do what's best for you. If you want to leave your husband, then you probably have a very good reason for it. That's a decision that only you can come to. But honestly, if you're having these doubts and problems right now, moving to the US where you'll be isolated from your family, friends, culture and entire support network might be a really, really bad idea. Only you can tell whether or not you feel comfortable with the situation, and luckily, you have several months to figure it out.

I really, honestly, wish you all the best, and hope that whatever you decide, it's the best thing for you.

hi kaylara, thank you for your nice words, thank you for the understanding ,i wish you all the best

Fatima at times a person U love and trust can hurt the very core of

your being, if U share a child and his faults are not in the realm of

harming a child just be sure to keep the open line of him as a parent

to that child intact..I see from your words that its done , finito, over

where U R concerned, no one knows your pain or have walked in your

shoe. I do support the notion of U visiting, and after U can approach

your consulate to ask for a visitor visa in place of spousal visa and

explain to them why. This will probably prove to them there's no immigrant

intent on your part in the future if/when U visit the USA..I think its

important to keep the option open for visits ....May peace be with you.

Yes U can just sit and let everything expire,but who knows the future

my heart is broken , but i still thinking on what to do , i will need to have face to face with him to decide the final decision,

thank you for your reply, i wish you a good luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

im asking how to get divorced , just to know

My post was deleted since it quoted another poster who violated this site's TOS.

If you want to know how to divorce, assuming you live in an Islamic country, you can go to the court yourself to get the divorce. It depends on the terms of your marriage as to whether you would have to give the dowry back. I know that people are quick to say if you get divorced you will have a miserable life and maybe never marry again but that's just not true. My fiance's parents were both divorced (with children from previous marriages) before they married each other and by all accounts they have built a great marriage and family together. This was the old generation, even. They are not an outlier, either. The way I see it if God didn't want people to get divorced then he wouldn't have given people the option. God knows sometimes things just aren't maktub (meant to be). It's not ideal, certainly, but it's not all your fault your marriage didn't work. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. If you stay in your marriage you have to accept the likelihood that your circumstances will not change, especially if you are living in different countries. Obviously the choice is yours to make but consider all the options and possibilities. You never know what will happen down the road. Good luck.

Edited by Sarah and Adnan

"If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello."

- Paulo Coelho

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I just want to wish you all the best as you are faced with a very hard decision. I hope that you are able to come to some resolve and peace with whatever the result is. No one knows what the future holds but it appears as if you are being thoughtful and deliberate with your decision making and that's all anyone can do. Good luck!

K1 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center (transferred to Texas Service Center)

Consulate : Mumbai, India

I-129F Sent : 2013-01-24

I-129F NOA1 : 2013-01-29

I-129F RFE(s) : none

RFE Reply(s) : na

I-129F transferred to TSC: 2013-06-28

I-129F NOA2 : 2013-07-09

NVC Received : 2013-07-24

NVC Left : 2013-08-05

Consulate Received : 2013-08-19

Packet 3 Received : none

Packet 3 Sent : none

Packet 4 Received : none

Interview Date : 2013-09-23 APPROVED!!! dancin5hr.gif

Visa Received: 2013-10-01

AOS

Filed - 03/08/2014
NOA1 Email -
03/10/2014

Biometrics Appointment - 04/04/2014

Potential Interview Waiver Letter - 06/27/2014

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I was saying that you cannot cancel the petition because the US spouse is the one who filed for it. Only the US spouse can cancel the petition, that is why everyone is suggesting that you let the visa expire. You can write the embassy and let them know what happened so there will be a record of it.

I am not sure how you can divorce from your home country versus being in the US.

Good Luck!!!

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.