nancy55

How to cancel my CR1 visa ?????

55 posts in this topic

Hi, I tried to cancel my visa application before my original interview date (September 10,2013) but i just postponed the interview date to a later date (September 27, 2013) due to some issues between me and the US spouse i married with, i still have a lot of problems with him, and i can't imagine myself leaving my country in this situation, my visa was approved on (the first week in this month, i still have no program on how to leave or when and what to do, i tried my best to success and to continue this marriage but to no avail , am tired i feel am just wasting my time , my hope is to know how to cancel my visa after issuance ? Im the beneficiary,

1. Do i need to email the IV unit to cancel the visa? Do you have any model on how to email the consulate for this purpose? i know when i email the consulate they will ask me to bring my passport and the envelope to the consulate to cancel the visa ,and they will print on the steeled visa “cancelled” or something like this

Or

2. Do i just need to wait until the expiration date (January 2014)? In this case, will i need as well to go to the consulate with my passport and the envelope? What they will print on my passport in this case: cancelled or invalid/expired?

I don’t know if there is any difference between the 2 options, I know the goal is one ‘cancellation’

I feel humiliation and pain because of this husband who does not take into account how my feelings and the feelings of my family, every time i forgive him, i need now to cancel my visa to give up the fight and to move on in my life,

Thank you

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

I would recommend to just let the visa expire in your case. It will be automatically be invalid after 01/2014.

It's amazing how many questions can be resolved with a 2 minute Google search...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello Fatima,

I would suggest give the interview and get the visa, it wont harm you, It is on you to go to US or not, so give interview take the visa and then decide,

Thanks
TA

15th Feb 2013 (Married)

03rd-Jun-13 NOA1 (Priority Date)

12th-Jun-13 NOA1 Hard Copy

17th-Dec-13 USCIS Transfer Email 1

18th-Dec-13 USCIS Transfer Email 2

23rd-Dec-13 USCIS Transfer Email 3

26th-Dec-13 Hard Copy Transferred to Nebraska (NSC)

21st-Feb-14 NOA2 Approved Email 1

25th-Feb-14 NOA2 Approved Email 2

27th-Feb-14 NOA2 Hard Copy

10th-Mar-14 NVC received approved documents

10th-April-14 NVC assigned case number

12th April-14 AOS Fees

14th April-14 AOS Package sent

16th April-14 Submit DS261

23rd April-14 Recieve IV Bill

24th April-14 IV Fees

16th May-14 Sent IV Package

6th June-14 package received by NVC

10th July 2014 Case completed

10th July 2014 Interview letter

Interview 19 Aug 2014 "Thank God" *Approved* :yes:

25th August 2014 *Passport Received*

Timeline

Hello Fatima,

I would suggest give the interview and get the visa, it wont harm you, It is on you to go to US or not, so give interview take the visa and then decide,

Thanks

TA

I think the visa is already issued, since she had the interview in September. Best is to let expire. This way she still has options if she would decide to travel until beginning of next year.

It's amazing how many questions can be resolved with a 2 minute Google search...

I would recommend to just let the visa expire in your case. It will be automatically be invalid after 01/2014.

while my visa expire! what to do with the sealed envelope and the passport/visa ?

Timeline

while my visa expire! what to do with the sealed envelope and the passport/visa ?

Just keep them: The envelope will be of no use after the visa expires, and the visa in your passport will not be valid anymore anyway.

Hello Fatima,

Thanks

TA

i already passed the interview and i have in hand the visa , but i no longer interested to use this visa , due to permanent issues with the man i married with

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

Think long and hard.. because I canceled things.. and we worked though them. We had to start all over 3 year later we are still only now at the NVC.. In my opinion.. just from experience. Take it for what it is.

United_States.gifOur journeyBelgium.gif
07/01/2010 going to be parents
07/22/2010 ***MARRIED*** touched - sigh-
08/30/2010 deport
08/31/2010 Back in his country

03/08/2011 BABY GIRL !! 7 LBS 7 OZS ****NOW 2 1/2 YEARS OLD

Benefits office - IR-1

01/11/2013 I130 sent ***Starting over****
01/17/2013 I130 (priority date)
01/24/2013 NOA1
01/24/2013 I-130 NOA1 hardcopy received
02/25/2013 Case Transferred / received to Local office

03/25/2013 Case touched

07/11/2013 - News from Senator - interview possible - 7 months

08/09/2013 Correspondence - Interview set for sponsor
08/20/2013 Interview - 215 DAYS
08/20/2013 APPROVED!!!! - 215 DAYS
08/26/2013 NOA2 hard copy received

NVC
09/06/2013 NVC received the case

09/18/2013 Case# received, IIN received - sent to attorney
09/18/2013 I-864 AOS review fee ($88) online payment
09/23/2013 I-864 AOS status 'PAID',

xx/xx/20xx AOS package mailed out
09/18/2013 DS-260 IV fee ($230) online payment
09/23/2013 DS-260 IV status 'PAID', I

xx/xx/2013 IV package mailed out

XX/XX/201X NVC completion
Consulate - received xx/xx/201x -Hoping soon
XX/XX/201X Medical
XX/XX/201X Interview - CROSSING FINGERS

xx/xx/20xx I601/I212 - Approved
xx/xx/20xx Coming HOME!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Sorry I didn't know you got the Visa, well in this case let the visa expire !

still I would say every person do make mistakes/ gets angry, give it 1 more chance, May be it works this time,

May the lord ease your tension(Amen)

15th Feb 2013 (Married)

03rd-Jun-13 NOA1 (Priority Date)

12th-Jun-13 NOA1 Hard Copy

17th-Dec-13 USCIS Transfer Email 1

18th-Dec-13 USCIS Transfer Email 2

23rd-Dec-13 USCIS Transfer Email 3

26th-Dec-13 Hard Copy Transferred to Nebraska (NSC)

21st-Feb-14 NOA2 Approved Email 1

25th-Feb-14 NOA2 Approved Email 2

27th-Feb-14 NOA2 Hard Copy

10th-Mar-14 NVC received approved documents

10th-April-14 NVC assigned case number

12th April-14 AOS Fees

14th April-14 AOS Package sent

16th April-14 Submit DS261

23rd April-14 Recieve IV Bill

24th April-14 IV Fees

16th May-14 Sent IV Package

6th June-14 package received by NVC

10th July 2014 Case completed

10th July 2014 Interview letter

Interview 19 Aug 2014 "Thank God" *Approved* :yes:

25th August 2014 *Passport Received*

Think long and hard.. because I canceled things.. and we worked though them. We had to start all over 3 year later we are still only now at the NVC.. In my opinion.. just from experience. Take it for what it is.

i think alot before i take any step in my life, and voila after 3 years relationship,thinking and thinking if this man is good for me or not ,as soon as we got married (last year) i discovered the true personality of the person i married with, i feel like im divorced woman now, while im supposed to be very excited with the new life waiting me,, i see he doesnt care he just want to stay married with me , 'no divorce'

Of course im sorry for the problems you are having with your husband. But quite frankly this is making me angry. You should not have filed in the first place if you werent sure about you husband. Because of people like you my baby son is forsed to grow up without his father! Because of people like you that take up government time that could have been spent on a case that really needed their time. Im sorry to be so harsh, but hearing that you have wasted all this time and now are looking to find a way to cancel your visa?! Do know what some people are ready to do to be at the stage that you are fortunate to be at?! Wanna know how to cancel? JUST CALL AND CANCEL. Dont waste anymore of their time. And this is not just you, you just happened to catch my attention in a very difficult time. There are alot of people who are filing for pr and dont really actually want it, or just arent sure. And im just sitting here staring at the "initial review" status day after day after day.and watching my little one cry for hours after he sees his dad on skype. This whole system of ontaining a permition to even enter us is EVIL. poorly designed. I feel like the government just doesnt give a ####### about the cases and how much pain brings every minute apart from your loved one. They just waste time during the day to get a payccheck and go back home at the end of the day to their families and cozy dinners. This is just ridiculous. For a country with so many advancements and such technologies, its just imbarrasing and ignorant.

im sorry because you are still waiting and separate from your husband, i wish if im in 'intial review' i wish if im in your place, when i started this visa application i have read some post like mine, and i was asking myself why? , if i just get approved!!, i was waiting and waiting, it's not my fault to be in this situation, i never wanted to cancel this visa,

Edited by faatima

Don't cancel the visa. Just don't use it and let it expire. I am NOT saying that you will reconcile with your husband. I'm just saying that it doesn't seem logical to cancel a valid visa (no matter what type) rather than just letting it expire. It's overkill that might come back to bite you later if you need to visit the US for any reason. Just because he petitioned for you does not mean your ex has any control over your use of your visa.

That is, unless, it somehow makes a difference in the divorce. Then weigh your options. In the end, it's your choice.

9/2010 Met mi amor
3/2013 Mi amor was picked up by ICE
5/26/2013 Married
6/12/2013 NOA1
8/20/2013 Master Calendar Hearing postponed
10/1/2013 MCH postponed again due to shutdown! More time for USCIS to process I-130 before mi amor has to take VD.
12/24/2013 Case transferred to CSC (60 days is 2/22/14)
1/23/2014 USCIS transfer notice 2 back to NBC (Lee's Summit)
1/27-28 USCIS transfer notice 3, 4 & 5 - eventually lands in TSC
2/19/2014 New MCH hearing. Voluntary departure by June 19, 2014.
6/6/2014 Finally have the I-130 interview. Approved on the spot! NOA2
6/17/2014 Mi amor left to comply with voluntary departure order... :cry:

event.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi, I tried to cancel my visa application before my original interview date (September 10,2013) but i just postponed the interview date to a later date (September 27, 2013) due to some issues between me and the US spouse i married with, i still have a lot of problems with him, and i can't imagine myself leaving my country in this situation, my visa was approved on (the first week in this month, i still have no program on how to leave or when and what to do, i tried my best to success and to continue this marriage but to no avail , am tired i feel am just wasting my time , my hope is to know how to cancel my visa after issuance ? Im the beneficiary,

1. Do i need to email the IV unit to cancel the visa? Do you have any model on how to email the consulate for this purpose? i know when i email the consulate they will ask me to bring my passport and the envelope to the consulate to cancel the visa ,and they will print on the steeled visa “cancelled” or something like this

Or

2. Do i just need to wait until the expiration date (January 2014)? In this case, will i need as well to go to the consulate with my passport and the envelope? What they will print on my passport in this case: cancelled or invalid/expired?

I don’t know if there is any difference between the 2 options, I know the goal is one ‘cancellation’

I feel humiliation and pain because of this husband who does not take into account how my feelings and the feelings of my family, every time i forgive him, i need now to cancel my visa to give up the fight and to move on in my life,

Thank you

Firstly, Im so sorry for you, I've seen this many many times. Only your head can guide you, not your heart in this case. But if its not working now, coming to USA wont make it any better........

If you cancel, contact the U.S. Embassy you had your interview, they will know what to do for you........

Best wishes on your decision......

Don't cancel the visa. Just don't use it and let it expire. I am NOT saying that you will reconcile with your husband. I'm just saying that it doesn't seem logical to cancel a valid visa (no matter what type) rather than just letting it expire. It's overkill that might come back to bite you later if you need to visit the US for any reason. Just because he petitioned for you does not mean your ex has any control over your use of your visa.

That is, unless, it somehow makes a difference in the divorce. Then weigh your options. In the end, it's your choice.

thank u for ur opinion

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.