We Keep Receipts

Mom, 4 kids dead in Brooklyn stabbing

21 posts in this topic

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/27/justice/new-york-mass-stabbing/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

A Brooklyn apartment turned into a grisly scene of carnage Saturday night when a mother and her four children were stabbed to death, New York police said.

The stabbings took place in the Sunset Park neighborhood of Brooklyn, New York Fire Department spokesman Jim Long said. It was not immediately clear what led to the stabbings. All of the victims lived at the Brooklyn home.

All five of the dead had stab wounds to their upper bodies, police said. Police identified the victims as Qiao Zhen Li, 37; Linda Zhuo, 9; Amy Zhuo, 7; Kevin Zhuo, 5; and William Zhuo, 1.

One man has been taken into custody, but no official charges have been filed, Officer Christopher Pisano said. Police spokesman Sgt. Thomas Antonetti said police haven't confirmed the relationship of the person in custody to the victims.

Please give this person the chair.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

prison gen pop will take care of it.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

prison gen pop will take care of it.

Forgot, killing kids and women is a no no.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

#######! This is horrible. We really should start making public examples out of people. They should get tied to a pole, beaten to almost near death, then sent to prison.

And where was the husband I'm wondering?

I need to see the update on what happened. I'm guessing husband did it or they owed someone money. The U.S. should really work harder at getting minimum wage high enough so that people can at least make it by.

Sounds almost like a hit.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

Before moving to Manhattan, I was living in Bensonhurst, right nearby. What a nightmare. All these years living here, sadly, it takes quite a lot to jolt me. This definitely does.

"If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello."

- Paulo Coelho

My guess is the killer was the husband.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

#######! This is horrible. We really should start making public examples out of people. They should get tied to a pole, beaten to almost near death, then sent to prison.

I need to see the update on what happened. I'm guessing husband did it or they owed someone money. The U.S. should really work harder at getting minimum wage high enough so that people can at least make it by.

DId you really mean to imply these folks would be alive if the minimum wage in NY was higher?

And anyway, NY city and state are solidly in the hands of the party which Luvs raising the Min. wage..... whats stopping them?

-In case you did not know, when the Minimum goes up, prospects for the under educated and those without skills goes down.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

DId you really mean to imply these folks would be alive if the minimum wage in NY was higher?

And anyway, NY city and state are solidly in the hands of the party which Luvs raising the Min. wage..... whats stopping them?

-In case you did not know, when the Minimum goes up, prospects for the under educated and those without skills goes down.

My implication is when people are able to support themselves and their families there is less need for robbing and killings. No need to kick into survival mode if you are surviving. People's instincts are to survive.

Minimum wage in Australia is like 15-18 AUD. compare the stats, stat man.

Car thefts 139,094 1,246,096

Ranked 8th. Ranked 1st. 8 times more than Australia

Gun violence > Homicides > % homicides with firearms 16.3435 39.5604

Ranked 21st. Ranked 7th. 142% more than Australia

Gun violence > Homicides > Overall homicide rate > per 100,000 pop. 1.8802 9.1

Ranked 27th. Ranked 14th. 4 times more than Australia

Jails 153 1,558

Ranked 14th. Ranked 5th. 9 times more than Australia

Murders committed by youths 88 8,226

Ranked 38th. Ranked 3rd. 92 times more than Australia

Murders with firearms 59 9,369

Ranked 21st. Ranked 1st. 158 times more than Australia

Perception of safety > Walking in dark 64% 82%

Ranked 14th. Ranked 2nd. 28% more than Australia

Police

Prisoners 22,492 prisoners 2,019,234 prisoners

DEFINITION: Total persons incarcerated

SOURCE: The Eighth United Nations Survey on Crime Trends and the Operations of Criminal Justice Systems (2002) (United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, Centre for International Crime Prevention)

Ranked 21st. Ranked 1st. 89 times more than Australia

Prisoners > Per capita 116.0 per 100,000 people 715.0 per 100,000 people

Ranked 74th. Ranked 1st. 5 times more than Australia

Rape victims 1%

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

My implication is when people are able to support themselves and their families there is less need for robbing and killings. No need to kick into survival mode if you are surviving. People's instincts are to survive.

Jails 153 1,558

Police

SOURCE: The Eighth United Nations Survey on Crime Trends and the Operations of Criminal Justice Systems (2002) (United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, Centre for International Crime Prevention)

Rape victims 1%

Are you the new Booyah? :unsure:

Because that would be ... well ... A bit weird.

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Jails 153 1,558

Police

Rape victims 1%

COmparing completely different countries with differnt economies and social demographics is weak (Yet worth looking at).

Lets instead look a little closer to home shall we?

Are areas with the higher wages and higher Minimum wages Lower in crime?

Before the welfare state existed, were crime rates sky rocketing?

c070718f.gif

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Forgot, killing kids and women is a no no.

Someone should be along shortly to remind you both that you are no better than the killer with this "Revenge Mentality"...

Edited by dalegg

20-July -03 Meet Nicole

17-May -04 Divorce Final. I-129F submitted to USCIS

02-July -04 NOA1

30-Aug -04 NOA2 (Approved)

13-Sept-04 NVC to HCMC

08-Oc t -04 Pack 3 received and sent

15-Dec -04 Pack 4 received.

24-Jan-05 Interview----------------Passed

28-Feb-05 Visa Issued

06-Mar-05 ----Nicole is here!!EVERYBODY DANCE!

10-Mar-05 --US Marriage

01-Nov-05 -AOS complete

14-Nov-07 -10 year green card approved

12-Mar-09 Citizenship Oath Montebello, CA

May '04- Mar '09! The 5 year journey is complete!

COmparing completely different countries with differnt economies and social demographics is weak (Yet worth looking at).

Lets instead look a little closer to home shall we?

Are areas with the higher wages and higher Minimum wages Lower in crime?

Before the welfare state existed, were crime rates sky rocketing?

c070718f.gif

Uhhhhh, you mean to tell me the cost of living in the 60s is the same as the cost of living now?

Are you the new Booyah? :unsure:

Because that would be ... well ... A bit weird.

Why weird? :)

Someone should be along shortly to remind you both that you are no better than the killer with this "Revenge Mentality"...

Not revenge, a nice public example. Deterrence is the key. Knowing you will go to jail, play Nintendo, basketball, football, make phone calls and eat three nice meals a day is not deterrence. For some people the conditions is a lot better than what they had on the streets.