Carla Sepe

NOA2 - NVC RECEIVE DELAYS

27 posts in this topic

Our 129f was approved last September 12 2013 and still no letter, no nothing from NVC :(

But i looked into the processing times of Visa Journey and it says there that roughly they are now processing the approvals of September 19 2013. I don't think so.

seriously, how are we supposed to know what happened to our cases. No one's giving an accurate answer. I saw some cases who got their approval June and until now they still didn't receive but i also saw cases where in their approval was September 5 and NVC received theirs already. How unfair is that???

How are we supposed to know if our case unfortunately got lost in their files :(

:(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Our 129f was approved last September 12 2013 and still no letter, no nothing from NVC sad.png

But i looked into the processing times of Visa Journey and it says there that roughly they are now processing the approvals of September 19 2013. I don't think so.

seriously, how are we supposed to know what happened to our cases. No one's giving an accurate answer. I saw some cases who got their approval June and until now they still didn't receive but i also saw cases where in their approval was September 5 and NVC received theirs already. How unfair is that???

How are we supposed to know if our case unfortunately got lost in their files sad.png

sad.png

We rec'd our NOA2 on September 20. I called USCIS today and advised that it was outside of the 30 day mark and all I was needing was a date the case was shipped to NVC. I was transferred to a Tier 2 officer (had to hold for nearly 45 mins) He was wonderful and advised that our case was actually just shipped to NVC, and was received on 10/18. I would absolutely call, be super nice, and if the first rep at USCIS cannot help, ask if there is anyone who could possibly help determine where your case is.

A lot of us CSC NOA2 approvals are waiting quite a long time for NVC receipts. Fortunately, we had a quick approval to balance this out.

Anyway, best of luck and hopefully they can provide you a little more insight or piece of mind on where your case currently resides.

:-/

Awaiting Oath Ceremony for Citizenship! Last step!

We rec'd our NOA2 on September 20. I called USCIS today and advised that it was outside of the 30 day mark and all I was needing was a date the case was shipped to NVC. I was transferred to a Tier 2 officer (had to hold for nearly 45 mins) He was wonderful and advised that our case was actually just shipped to NVC, and was received on 10/18. I would absolutely call, be super nice, and if the first rep at USCIS cannot help, ask if there is anyone who could possibly help determine where your case is.

A lot of us CSC NOA2 approvals are waiting quite a long time for NVC receipts. Fortunately, we had a quick approval to balance this out.

Anyway, best of luck and hopefully they can provide you a little more insight or piece of mind on where your case currently resides.

:-/

hi thank you for replying :)

so NVC received yours already? Congratulations. i hope the next time we called we'll also receive a good news. we get frustrated every time we call :(

but how did you actually asked them? coz they're mostly rude when we call :( they're not very accommodating :(

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Call the NVC to ask about your case status and case #.

~ Moved from K-1 Process to K-1 Progress Reports- topic is case status ~

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

hi thank you for replying smile.png

so NVC received yours already? Congratulations. i hope the next time we called we'll also receive a good news. we get frustrated every time we call sad.png

but how did you actually asked them? coz they're mostly rude when we call sad.png they're not very accommodating sad.png

Well as NVC says it can take up to 8 weeks and for some its even longer. Just keep calling NVC.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

hi thank you for replying smile.png

so NVC received yours already? Congratulations. i hope the next time we called we'll also receive a good news. we get frustrated every time we call sad.png

but how did you actually asked them? coz they're mostly rude when we call sad.png they're not very accommodating sad.png

After I called NVC to confirm still no case rec'd, I called USCIS at 800-375-5283. When someone answered, I litterally said the following after giving my receipt #, etc:

" I am just calling to see if I can possibly find out the date my petition was sent to the national visa center. They still have not received it and it has been more than 30-days so I am just needing any help in figuring out where it may be."

The lady was not able to see anything and offered me on her own a transfer to a Tier 2 rep. I thanked her for doing that and told her I greatly appreciated her help. (( If they do not offer this on their own, I would kindly ask if there was anyone who you could speak with that might be able to locate your petition's whereabouts. State that you are just concerned as you were told USCIS would ship your petition to NVC within a 30-day time period and they have still not received it.))

I know what you're talking about with the rudeness.... had a few of those. I just thanked them anyway, hung up and called back a little later. But I'm telling you, no matter how rude the person on the other end is, be kind. Be nice, Drop complimnets, blah, blah blah. Kindness always trumps rudeness. I always end every phone call by thanking the person for all of there time and help -- regardless of if they were any help.

Hope that helps a little....

Awaiting Oath Ceremony for Citizenship! Last step!

After I called NVC to confirm still no case rec'd, I called USCIS at 800-375-5283. When someone answered, I litterally said the following after giving my receipt #, etc:

" I am just calling to see if I can possibly find out the date my petition was sent to the national visa center. They still have not received it and it has been more than 30-days so I am just needing any help in figuring out where it may be."

The lady was not able to see anything and offered me on her own a transfer to a Tier 2 rep. I thanked her for doing that and told her I greatly appreciated her help. (( If they do not offer this on their own, I would kindly ask if there was anyone who you could speak with that might be able to locate your petition's whereabouts. State that you are just concerned as you were told USCIS would ship your petition to NVC within a 30-day time period and they have still not received it.))

I know what you're talking about with the rudeness.... had a few of those. I just thanked them anyway, hung up and called back a little later. But I'm telling you, no matter how rude the person on the other end is, be kind. Be nice, Drop complimnets, blah, blah blah. Kindness always trumps rudeness. I always end every phone call by thanking the person for all of there time and help -- regardless of if they were any help.

This helped not a little, it will help us a lot! Thank you so much! Will try this today :) haha! thank you so much again!

And Best of luck on your coming interview! i'll follow your timeline so i get to know your progress :)

Thanks again :)

TC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Our 129f was approved last September 12 2013 and still no letter, no nothing from NVC sad.png

How are we supposed to know if our case unfortunately got lost in their files sad.png

sad.png

Our petition was approved on August 27, but till now no case number from NVC. We keep calling always but nothing yet. We still waiting.

We call DOS other than NVC.they still gave you the cAse number anyway. waiting time is like less than 15mins and there very very nice..we did call USCIS about our file and told us that they already send it last Oct 05, so until now we never get oour case number yet.

my f is already frustrated with nvc about their rudeness so were going to DOS directly.were really expecting it this week, i hope so..no choice but to wait.we had soo much bad luck but it never stop us from keep going..

so guys, just hang on..were almost there!

Edited by bryneff

April 10, 2017       Filed for N-400

April 12, 2017      NOA

April 17, 2017      Check cashed

May 12, 2017       Biometrics scheduled

May 16, 2017      In-Line for Interview

Mar 12, 2018       Received scheduled interview letter

Apr 20, 2018        Scheduled interview

Apr 20, 2018        Naturalization interview APPROVED !!!

Jun 18, 2018       In-line for the Oath Ceremony

Sept. 19 NOA2 and no case number yet. I called NVC and got this answer "it might be here, or it may not" ........... -facepalm-

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sept. 19 NOA2 and no case number yet. I called NVC and got this answer "it might be here, or it may not" ........... -facepalm-

Hi, try calling USCIS just like what Corey&Guyvens did yesterday. They received their NOA2 on Sept 20 and got an answer from them. Yours might have already been shipped to NVC along with theirs since theirs was also processed by CSC.

Wish you the best of luck!

To quote them:

Filed: Timeline

On point about being polite. It will help greatly during the process.

Edited by Gowon

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Totally agree. Overlook the rudeness and continue to be polite. It's the best way in our current situation.

05/02/2013 I-129f sent via USPS express

05/03/2013 received by Dallas-lock box

05/07/2013 NOA1 hard copy

05/13/2013 Alien number change a email from USCIS

07/29/2013 NOA2 Approval email from USCIS

08/03/2013 NOA2 Hard Copy Recieved

08/16/2013 file sent to NVC

08/19/2013 Called DOS told NVC received file case number given.

08/21/2013 file in transit to London embassy as stated on CEAC website also spoke to DOS to confirm

08/28/2013 file ready according to CEAC website

08/30/2013 packet 3 sent with DS-2001

O9/05/2015 medical appointment

09/06/2013 packet 3 arrived in the mail.

09/10/2013 CEAC update medical result received by embassy

10/04/2013 CEAC update dos says waiting to give interview date

10/11/2013 packet 4 interview letter arrived

10/22/2013 interview at London embassy

10/22/2013 Approved the visa

10/29/2013 visa delivered

12/02/2013 POE In Atlanta Georgia

AOS

1/25/2014 AOS forms mailed

1/27/2014 arrived at PO Box Chicago lock box waiting to be picked up

1/27/2014 (day1)AOS received by USCIS according to USPS online mail tracker signed for by R MERCADO

2/2/2014. (day7) text message and email from USCIS for acceptance of all forms.

1/31/2014 I-485 accepted receipt number and hard copy has been sent. Processed at National Benefits Centre.

1/28/2014 I-131 application for travel documents in initial review receipt number given and hard copy has been sent

1/28/2014 I-765 application for employment authorization in initial review receipt number given and hard copy has been sent.

2/7/2014 (day11) noa1 hard copy arrived in the mail for I-485 I-131 I-765

2/14/2014 (day18) biometric appt letter arrived in the mail. Appt schedualled for 2/26/2014 11.00am.

2/18/2014 (day 22) biometrics successful walkin.

4/01/2014 faxed expedite supporting documents to number on letter sent to me. Waiting waiting waiting

4/03/2014 (68 days) EAD and AP approved text message sent status post decision. Hooray !!!

4/7/2014 (72 days ) status change to card in production for EAD.

4/10/2014 ( 75 days) status changed after calling uscis regarding urgency of EAD. Also usps tracking number at 20.580pm

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.