waynebard

NBI CLEARANCE FROM QATAR

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hello I have filed for and have been, approved for K1 visa for my finance, she is currently in Qatar, but will be going home in the next few weeks.

Will she need police clearance from Qatar as required the US Embassy in Manila?

Thank you for answering this question from me. Wayne B

Edited by waynebard

If she lived there for 6 months or more, yes she needs a police certificate from Qatar. These are the things you will need for the interview: http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/325288/packets/K1%20and%20K2%20Interview%20Preparation%20Instructions%20-%20English%20_10%20October%202013_.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Just want to clear something up. Your post is a little confusing because you are saying your K-1 visa was approved, but also talking about what is needed for your upcoming K-1 visa interview. You filed the -129F petition and that petition was approved. No visa has been applied for yet, or approved. You apply for the K-1 visa at the US consulate in the country where the foreign fiance(e) resides. Filling in your timeline can help others know where exactly you are in the process.

Edited by Jay-Kay

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

Yes her K1 petition was approved and sent to NVC for processing to Manila, the approval came in on Oct. 8th 2013, She is currently in Qatar and leaving to go home to the Philippines next week.

The issue is now she will not have time to get the police cert from Qatar.

Before she leaves I will have her file the papers to get clearance , an interview is very quick in Manila I just want and need all to go well. Thank you for your help, the answers here are awesome and very helpful.

Wayne and Jane

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

She should get the PCC in Qatar before 'leaving to the PI'.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hello I have filed for and have been, approved for K1 visa for my finance, she is currently in Qatar, but will be going home in the next few weeks.
Will she need police clearance from Qatar as required the US Embassy in Manila?
Thank you for answering this question from me. Wayne B

IF she can get the police clearance before leaving Qatar then for sure she should do that, but if it is not possible in that short of time I believe Qatar is on the waiver list of countries that will not provide a police clearance unless done so in-country - thus not needed for the interview.

I am not certain Qatar is on the waiver list, you should verify that info.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

She needs to get that PC from Qatar before she leaves. Qatar will issue PC even for former residents.

How to obtain a police clearance certificate from Qatar:

Current residents should apply in person at the Department of Public Security and General Administration, Ministry of Interior, P.O. Box 920, Doha, State of Qatar (located on Suhaim bin Hamad Street, opposite the Gulf Air building in Al Saad area) with the following documents:

1. A letter requesting the issuance of a Police Clearance Certificate from the State of Qatar. The letter should include the purpose in requesting the Police Clearance Certificate, the first date of arrival of the person in Qatar and the last date of departure.
  2. Original passport and a complete photocopy of all pages of the passport (include copies of all pages, regardless of entries).
  3. 3 passport-size photographs.

The authorities will then take fingerprints and the Police Clearance Certificate will be issued in about two weeks.

Former residents should write to the Department of Public Security and General Administration, Ministry of Interior, P.O. Box 920, Doha, State of Qatar supported by the following documents:

1. A letter requesting the issuance of a Police Clearance Certificate from the State of Qatar. The letter should include the purpose in requesting the Police Clearance Certificate, the first date of arrival of the person in Qatar and the last date of departure.
  2. A complete photocopy of all pages of the passport (include copies of all pages, regardless of entries).
  3. A set of fingerprints taken by a competent government authority from the applicant's current place of residence.
  4. 3 passport-size photographs.
  5. A self-addressed return envelope large enough to hold an A4 size document.

The Police Clearance Certificate will be issued in about two weeks and will be mailed to the applicant.

Source: http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_5455.html?cid=8966

She can get the NBI Clearance (green, for travel abroad) once she arrives in the Philippines.

Hi im I-130 petitioner from my husband! I been in Qatar for 5years! Yes its easy to get police clearance from there and she really need that! 10 days before she leave qatar she should go to the Criminals Evidences & Information, and the payment is only 10 Qatar Rial from her ATM Card! She need to bring her copy of her passport and the resident visa card (vitaka) then after the police will tell her to comeback after one week to release the police clearance cert.

Timeline

Hello, I thank you all for the great responses. One issue is her visa came up very quickly, it is now in Manila and awaiting for the interview, it will be scheduled soon. Her qatar contract was not over yet, but we were able to get her out of it. Very short notice on going home for her.

She went and applied for the PCC, she is leaving Qatar this Saturday morning, before the PCC will be ready. So she made arrangements to get the document to her aunt; that lives in Qatar, who will then send it to PI.

I would of course prefer her to leave Qatar with the document in hand, but this is not going to happen.

This forum is so very helpful, Thank you to the moderator, the site owner, and all who gave the awesome answers.

Wayne & Jane

• 4 years later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.