Victoria2383

Anyone know what it means when USCIS changes your alien registration number?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi everyone,

My fiancé and I are waiting for our NOA2 and I just received a case status update from the USCIS website that says "your alien registration number was changed relating to your I-128F, Petition For Fiancé". I tried calling their customer service number to find out what that means but I am having trouble reaching someone. Anyone know what this means?

Thanks so much for your help!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Welcome to the forum.

Usual procedure, relax. Check some recent similar-themed threads for details.

Edited by A&B

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Hi everyone,

My fiancé and I are waiting for our NOA2 and I just received a case status update from the USCIS website that says "your alien registration number was changed relating to your I-128F, Petition For Fiancé". I tried calling their customer service number to find out what that means but I am having trouble reaching someone. Anyone know what this means?

Thanks so much for your help!

No, nothing happened after your alien registration was changed, unfortunately. But based on my experience, after a few weeks it was changed, I've got my approval and again everyone is different.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Them assigning you the alien registration number means that your petition is in their systems and your file is now waiting to be picked up by an adjudicator. Welcome to the NOA2 waiting game :)

Them assigning you the alien registration number means that your petition is in their systems and your file is now waiting to be picked up by an adjudicator. Welcome to the NOA2 waiting game :)

And it only took them 2 and a half months just to put me into the system....boy am I feeling lucky ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

~ Moved from K-1 Process to K-1 Case Filing and Progress Reports- topic is case status ~

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

And it only took them 2 and a half months just to put me into the system....boy am I feeling lucky ?

Just be happy that you got the update! Some never even see this update and just randomly get approved! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I received that same notice on the USCIS website on September 4th and my NOA2 on October 15th. I called USCIS when the a# change was entered on the website and they stated "it means that they have put your information in the system and are compiling background checks on you and your fiancé... when they have enough information it is sent for approval to an office." I hope this helps!

I received that same notice on the USCIS website on September 4th and my NOA2 on October 15th. I called USCIS when the a# change was entered on the website and they stated "it means that they have put your information in the system and are compiling background checks on you and your fiancé... when they have enough information it is sent for approval to an office." I hope this helps!

It took them 2 and a half months? Whew!!! Finally someone else who's waited a long time to get the alien # changed . Felt like I was the only one.

I'm the Beneficiarydancin5hr.gif

Sept 7th, 2013 = K1 Visa Application Submitted

Sept 18th, 2013 = NOA 1 via e-mail - Case Accepted and Routed to Texas Service Center

Sept 27th 2013= Received NOA1 hard copy

Oct 5th-12th 2013 = Had an AMAZING week together and now back to waiting...ClockWatch2.gif

February 12th 2014 = Five month mark passed. Service request ordered. They said in 27days we should have an answer.

March 15th 2014 = ALIEN REGISTRATION NUMBER CHANGED! FINALLY! dancin5hr.gif

May 31st-June 11th 2014 -Spent a Beautiful week and a half together and got a huge surprise on the day before she left. :D

June 10th 2014 = PETITION APPROVED!!! Hallelujah! :dance:

August 8th 2014 = Medical. Results: Passed

September 23rd 2014= INTERVIEW: APPROVED! so happy!!!!!!!

September 25-28th 2014 = System Error prevents VISA from being issued. :cry:

September 29th 2014= VISA in hand :dancing:

September30th 2014= Entered the USA :thumbs:
December 22nd 2014=MARRIED :)

March 18th 2015 = Filed AOS

April 3rd 2015 = Received NOA1 hard copies

June 20th 2015 = Received EAD/AP card in mail :)

July 28th 2015 = Received Notice of Potential Interview waiver :mellow:

Feb 29th 2016= FINALLY! RECEIVED MY GREENCARD! :dancing:

January 26th, 2018: Filed I-751 Removal of Conditions 

Feb 2nd 2018: Received NOA1

Well that is good news...at-least they are looking at our case already. I am crossing my fingers. Thanks for the information! smile.png

It took them 2 and a half months? Whew!!! Finally someone else who's waited a long time to get the alien # changed . Felt like I was the only one.

Ha-ha I am sure there are a lot of us out there, who are just soooo lucky in this process, but I am just too excited to see any sort of movement, that I won't complain......yet wink.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.