591 posts in this topic

I also got an Interview Waiver Case Notice .... :/

Oh no. Welcome to the club lol. Well, there's no use being upset over it. Looking at the bright side of it, there's still a possibility that they'll just send us our green cards before the additional 6 months in the process (basing this in a couple of posts I've read where they actually got it a couple of months after getting the letter.) I see it as additional time for my husband and I to build up our evidences in case they do ask us to be interviewed. smile.png

K1 Visa Timeline

• xx-xx-2005 - Met in an online creative writing forum for anime (Yes, we are nerds. Awesome ones, at that.) Became friends ever since and chatted mostly on YM. Our characters' names were Kumi and Drake.
  • 11-20-2011 - We became a couple.
  • 05-16-2012 to 05-25-2012 - First visit
  • 11-08-2012 - NOA1
  • 12-11-2012 to 12-18-2012 - Second visit
  • 05-08-2013 - NOA2
  • 06-13-2013 to 06-14-2013 - Two-day medical exam; passed!
  • 07-19-2013 - He visits again to be with me for the interview
  • 07-22-2013 - Interview date / APPROVED!
  • 08-01-2013 - Seattle POE
  • 08-02-2013 - Arrived in MO.
  • 09-01-2013 - Married!

AOS Timeline

• 10-01-2013- Sent AOS/EAD/AP in.
  • 10-10-2013 - NOA1 Date
  • 11-05-2013 - Biometrics Appointment
  • 12-05-2013 - EAD/AP: approved
  • 12-17-2013 - Combo card received
  • 01-10-2014 - Notice of Potential Interview Waiver case
  • 01-24-2014 - Card production
  • 01-29-2014 - Card mailed
  • 01-31-2014 - Permanent Residency Card received
  • 05-05-2014 - Job offer

ROC TImeline

• 10-26-2015- Second Anniversary of Permanent Residency
  • 11-03-2015 - Sent I-751 application
  • 11-05-2015 - NOA1 Receipt Date
  • 12-04-2015 - Biometrics Appointment
  • 05-18-2016 - Card production

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Update! I've been missing for awhile because we sent in our evidence from the second RFE. Found out they received it on January 14 (?????!!!!!! So much later than we sent it; we got the RFE a month ago. But at least it's there!).

Now just waiting waiting waiting to hopefully have an interview scheduled! Oh I hope this goes quickly.

Congrats to everyone else who's been approved!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

We're almost the same with our timeline and received my EAD around the same time. My I-485 is still on acceptance too. So it's either you might get the interview waiver or you may be hearing for an interview schedule sometime soon. I got the interview waiver letter so my GC might take a while.

Thank you Kumi and Drake. I haven't received a waiver letter yet. But I'm glad there are others in the same position and it seems to be the norm. Hopefully we will hear soon :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Hey everyone, one last update on my wife's AOS ... We finally received the Green Card today and couldn't be happier kicking.gif (btw it looks almost exactly like the EAD but Green) Thank God for a very smooth AOS process (unlike our extremely bumpy K-1 process) ... I guess the USCIS made up for their poor performance before :) The other great news is that my wife got a job offer today and just finished signing the paperwork a couple hours ago! (it's our lucky day indeed)

Good luck to everyone still waiting on their Green Card/EAD/AP, I wish you all the happiness in the world and the best of luck in your new lives & new careers here in the USA cool.png and thanks for all the help and positive energy along the way! biggrin.png

Sincerely,
Ramsey

Congrats! A greencard and a job offer would make my day complete too!biggrin.png

K1 Visa Timeline

• xx-xx-2005 - Met in an online creative writing forum for anime (Yes, we are nerds. Awesome ones, at that.) Became friends ever since and chatted mostly on YM. Our characters' names were Kumi and Drake.
  • 11-08-2012 - NOA1
  • 05-08-2013 - NOA2
  • 09-01-2013 - Married!

AOS Timeline

• 10-10-2013 - NOA1 Date
  • 05-05-2014 - Job offer

ROC TImeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Just got a Notice of Potential Interview Waiver Case today. "We anticipate that delay to be approximately 6 months from the date of this letter". Hoping it's earlier and ready for the process.

Any words of wisdom?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline

Just got a Notice of Potential Interview Waiver Case today. "We anticipate that delay to be approximately 6 months from the date of this letter". Hoping it's earlier and ready for the process.

Any words of wisdom?

Just got the same letter and am wondering the same thing.

From what I can glean from the postings on this forum, it begins to look like the "waiver letter" is becomming more common and may soon be the norm.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey everyone, one last update on my wife's AOS ... We finally received the Green Card today and couldn't be happier kicking.gif (btw it looks almost exactly like the EAD but Green) Thank God for a very smooth AOS process (unlike our extremely bumpy K-1 process) ... I guess the USCIS made up for their poor performance before smile.png The other great news is that my wife got a job offer today and just finished signing the paperwork a couple hours ago! (it's our lucky day indeed)

Good luck to everyone still waiting on their Green Card/EAD/AP, I wish you all the happiness in the world and the best of luck in your new lives & new careers here in the USA cool.png and thanks for all the help and positive energy along the way! biggrin.png

ooh that's awesome - congrats on the job and the card!! I'm thinking a mini-celebration is in order!! :)

Received my 2-year green card today, too bad its the same photo from biometric. Note to myself for the next card biometric haha

Congrats!! great news!! :)

We still have no letter or interview date. For those who got the "potential interview waiver case" letter - did your status on USCIS change when they sent it? Just curious..

For those who got the "potential interview waiver case" letter - did your status on USCIS change when they sent it? Just curious..

Nope. My USCIS status is still the same; it's still in the acceptance status.

K1 Visa Timeline

• 11-08-2012 - NOA1
  • 05-08-2013 - NOA2
  • 09-01-2013 - Married!

AOS Timeline

• 10-10-2013 - NOA1 Date
  • 05-05-2014 - Job offer

ROC TImeline

Firstly congrats to everyone who have received their combo cards and recently Green Cards smile.png

I just have a quick question: I received my EAD card mid decemeber, and my 1-485 status is still on acceptance. Is this just a case of "no news is good news" and we most likely wont be needed for interview and the GC will be processed slower?

Thank you

P.s, I will have to do both paper and driving test for my drivers licence here in Illinois.

Same here! Got my EAD in December. I-485 on Initial Review (because of change of address in November) but that's about it. No news on my case since then.

Received my 2-year green card today, too bad its the same photo from biometric. Note to myself for the next card biometric haha

CONGRATS! Uh oh for me. I looked like I just woke up in my biometric photo. HAHA HA HA... ARGH. >_<

I also got an Interview Waiver Case Notice .... :/

Any words of wisdom?

Just got the same letter and am wondering the same thing.

From what I can glean from the postings on this forum, it begins to look like the "waiver letter" is becomming more common and may soon be the norm.

Let's hope for the best! The Interview Waiver can mean two things, that it can be processed sooner without interview... or slower. Crossing my fingers for everyone who got this letter! Crossing my toes for myself. LOL I still haven't got any news.

Update! I've been missing for awhile because we sent in our evidence from the second RFE. Found out they received it on January 14 (?????!!!!!! So much later than we sent it; we got the RFE a month ago. But at least it's there!).

Now just waiting waiting waiting to hopefully have an interview scheduled! Oh I hope this goes quickly.

Congrats to everyone else who's been approved!

Wow. 2 RFE's? What were the RFE's (if you don't mind me asking.) But yes, as long as they've received it! Good luck!

Hey everyone, one last update on my wife's AOS ... We finally received the Green Card today and couldn't be happier kicking.gif (btw it looks almost exactly like the EAD but Green) Thank God for a very smooth AOS process (unlike our extremely bumpy K-1 process) ... I guess the USCIS made up for their poor performance before smile.png The other great news is that my wife got a job offer today and just finished signing the paperwork a couple hours ago! (it's our lucky day indeed)

Woot! Congrats. That is indeed really good news! :D

Edited by Mrs.Presson

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

more and more October fillers get good news. Same here. Approved on the spot. IO was super nice, and so welcoming. It take 10 mins all together. Just ask some basic questions on the forms I filed. Now just wait for the card to be mailed. Got notice same day saying everything is approved. Thanks all the VJs. Good luck to those who are still in process. Just hanging there.

Well, crossing my toes were effective. Haha, I just checked my mail and there it was, a Notice of Potential Interview Waiver (as expected). Well, there's my case "update". LOL

The only WEIRD thing about it was, it was sent to our old apartment's address, when I already received other correspondences AND my EAD card here in our new address. Good thing we have our mails forwarded to this new address. :\

more and more October fillers get good news. Same here. Approved on the spot. IO was super nice, and so welcoming. It take 10 mins all together. Just ask some basic questions on the forms I filed. Now just wait for the card to be mailed. Got notice same day saying everything is approved. Thanks all the VJs. Good luck to those who are still in process. Just hanging there.

NICE! Congrats! smile.png

Edited by Mrs.Presson

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Well, crossing my toes were effective. Haha, I just checked my mail and there it was, a Notice of Potential Interview Waiver (as expected). Well, there's my case "update". LOL

The only WEIRD thing about it was, it was sent to our old apartment's address, when I already received other correspondences AND my EAD card here in our new address. Good thing we have our mails forwarded to this new address. :\

NICE! Congrats! smile.png

It was the same thing for me.. even though we changed the address and I already got my EAD sent to my new address, they sent the Interview Waiver Case letter to the old address. Weird. Edited by melina151

AOS

10/04/2013 - Filed for AOS/EAD/AP

10/11/2013 - NOA's via e-mail/text message + checks cashed

10/12/2013 - Hardcopies of NOA's in mail

11/04/2013 - AOS RFE

11/05/2013 - Biometrics

11/18/2013 - RFE sent back

01/03/2014 - EAD/AP approved

01/11/2014 - combo card received

01/14/2014 - "Potential Interview Waiver Case" letter received - dated 01/10/14

07/23/2014 - Greencard approved and in production - No Interview

07/28/2014 - ''Welcome to the United States'' letter received

07/31/2014 - Green Card in hand

We also do not have any news from USCIS regarding the status of our application. After we changed address, it says we are still at Initial review since December.

Now I start worrying because we do not have forwarding mailing service from our old address anymore, and you guys Mrs.Presson and Melina151 got your Interview Waiver Case notifications to your old addresses. It seems there is no update of addresses in the USCIS system?

I wonder if it might be sent to our old address and discarded/sent back by the post office or the landlord at old address...unsure.png

10/08/13 - package sent

10/10/13 - check cashed

10/11/13 - numbers of cases assigned and NOAs-1 sent

10/16/13 - text and e-mail notifications

10/19/13 - 3 NOA-1 in mail box

10/27/13 - invitation for biometrics for 11/08

10/30/13 - early walk-in for biometrics

12/10/13 - EAD card production, AP post decision activitiy

12/13/13 - EAD tracking number, scheduled for delivery on 12/16

12/21/13 - Combocard delivered

xx/xx/14 - Testing and Interview status

xx/xx/14 - Interview

xx/xx/14 - GC delivered

..........waiting for good news! reading.gifClockWatch2.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.