591 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

GOOD NEWS! I got a notification today that my Advance Parole has been approved and is in card production! We should get it within 30 days from now.

I'm so relieved because we need to travel back to Australia in April for my father's wedding, which I didn't think was a good enough reason for AP to be approved, so I was just hoping to have the green card by then. But it's been approved! Now I can quit stressing about the green card because it doesn't matter if it takes more time. Phew!

Everyone else, congrats on getting your status updates, even if it is to the Interview Waiver. What a pain that is!

Mrs. Presson, my first RFE was "Send us a copy of your birth certificate" (which we'd already done, but they didn't see it. I guess that's pretty common). The second one was asking for more evidence of the fact that my job will be ongoing, because we're using my income as a household member of the sponsor because my husband is still in school and doesn't make enough to sponsor me on his own. Fun fun :) I'm not worried though because I've received a promotion since then, so I guess that means my company likes me :)

We also do not have any news from USCIS regarding the status of our application. After we changed address, it says we are still at Initial review since December.

Now I start worrying because we do not have forwarding mailing service from our old address anymore, and you guys Mrs.Presson and Melina151 got your Interview Waiver Case notifications to your old addresses. It seems there is no update of addresses in the USCIS system?

I wonder if it might be sent to our old address and discarded/sent back by the post office or the landlord at old address...unsure.png

Hmm. I suppose you don't really get any update/alerts online if your case falls on "Potential Interview Waiver" status. I'd suggest to call USCIS and verify with them your current status. :)

GOOD NEWS! I got a notification today that my Advance Parole has been approved and is in card production! We should get it within 30 days from now.

I'm so relieved because we need to travel back to Australia in April for my father's wedding, which I didn't think was a good enough reason for AP to be approved, so I was just hoping to have the green card by then. But it's been approved! Now I can quit stressing about the green card because it doesn't matter if it takes more time. Phew!

Everyone else, congrats on getting your status updates, even if it is to the Interview Waiver. What a pain that is!

Mrs. Presson, my first RFE was "Send us a copy of your birth certificate" (which we'd already done, but they didn't see it. I guess that's pretty common). The second one was asking for more evidence of the fact that my job will be ongoing, because we're using my income as a household member of the sponsor because my husband is still in school and doesn't make enough to sponsor me on his own. Fun fun smile.png I'm not worried though because I've received a promotion since then, so I guess that means my company likes me smile.png

Congrats on the AP and the Promotion! :D I still don't get how USCIS loses our files if it's all bunched up together when we send it out. :\

We received a notice for potential interview waiver last week. It says it can take up to 6 months to receive gc. My hubby found a job so no complaints here life is good smile.png

Welcome to the waiting club. LOL. Congrats on the job. :D

As for me, sent out a job application last week, the next day I got a positive response from the CEO but heard nothing since then. Still waiting for another response from the CEO since the job posting just ended on the 18th.

Hello Mrs.Presson, yes we are going to call to USCIS, and I hope we talk to a person who will be able to give update on our status :)

Congrats to you with job hunting! Hope you hear good news from that company very soon! yes.gif

10/08/13 - package sent

10/10/13 - check cashed

10/11/13 - numbers of cases assigned and NOAs-1 sent

10/16/13 - text and e-mail notifications

10/19/13 - 3 NOA-1 in mail box

10/27/13 - invitation for biometrics for 11/08

10/30/13 - early walk-in for biometrics

12/10/13 - EAD card production, AP post decision activitiy

12/13/13 - EAD tracking number, scheduled for delivery on 12/16

12/21/13 - Combocard delivered

xx/xx/14 - Testing and Interview status

xx/xx/14 - Interview

xx/xx/14 - GC delivered

..........waiting for good news! reading.gifClockWatch2.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

smile.png

Congrats on getting the AP!! It's nice to get some stress off the plate - so now you can plan for the trip back home without added stress. :)

We received a notice for potential interview waiver last week. It says it can take up to 6 months to receive gc. My hubby found a job so no complaints here life is good smile.png

Congrats on hubby finding a job! :)

Congrats on the AP and the Promotion! biggrin.png I still don't get how USCIS loses our files if it's all bunched up together when we send it out. :\

Welcome to the waiting club. LOL. Congrats on the job. biggrin.png

As for me, sent out a job application last week, the next day I got a positive response from the CEO but heard nothing since then. Still waiting for another response from the CEO since the job posting just ended on the 18th.

Sending you good vibes Mrs P - hope you hear something soon! :)

Timeline

Our update - we still have not received the potential waiver letter or anything so we are just waiting. Hubby passed the NJ license written test and since he had a license for 15 years in the UK, he didn't need to take the road test (he's in early 30s). I guess they didn't care that the 15 years were spent driving on the other side of the road. :D

We bought a new car - yay! of course the one I wanted is not here yet and is on a boat on the way over...once we get that, he can start working...if he doesn't find substituting work right away, he was offered tutoring work so he'll be able to do something to get rid of the cabin fever. :)

Hello Mrs.Presson, yes we are going to call to USCIS, and I hope we talk to a person who will be able to give update on our status smile.png

Congrats to you with job hunting! Hope you hear good news from that company very soon! yes.gif

Thank you! Any news on your end?

Sending you good vibes Mrs P - hope you hear something soon! smile.png

Thank you for the good vibes! Really needed right now! :D

Our update - we still have not received the potential waiver letter or anything so we are just waiting. Hubby passed the NJ license written test and since he had a license for 15 years in the UK, he didn't need to take the road test (he's in early 30s). I guess they didn't care that the 15 years were spent driving on the other side of the road. biggrin.png

We bought a new car - yay! of course the one I wanted is not here yet and is on a boat on the way over...once we get that, he can start working...if he doesn't find substituting work right away, he was offered tutoring work so he'll be able to do something to get rid of the cabin fever. smile.png

Congrats on the hubby's license! I fear for my life with people driving on icy roads here so.... I will take the test in Spring. Haha. Also, they took away my PH Driver's License when I applied for a State ID. Something about North Dakota Law not being allowed to possess two state (or country) issued DL's at the same time. Sending good vibes back on the hubby's search for substitute work!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

Thanks, Kumi & Drake!!

valigetta, thank you as well smile.png Good luck on your interview! Don't worry, it was honestly a breeze for my wife and I, our interviewer (Roy) was so friendly and the questions he asked where so easy...Regarding the job hunting, it has been slow with my wife as well but I'm sure you will both find jobs very soon, just stay positive dancin5hr.gif

;-)))))

INTERVIEW DONE! APPROVED ON THE SPOT!

Our officer was a nice lady, she asked questions but nothing impossible, just things you know if you are married.

Names and some events, she was nice, looked at the wedding photo album ( we brought 4 ) and asked only for some bills and original documents

That's it! Job hunting is slow...will see let's stay positive!!!!

Anyway this is a huge step! and I hope all of you will have the same experience as we had!

;-)))))

Our officer was a nice lady, she asked questions but nothing impossible, just things you know if you are married.

Names and some events, she was nice, looked at the wedding photo album ( we brought 4 ) and asked only for some bills and original documents

Anyway this is a huge step! and I hope all of you will have the same experience as we had!

Congrats! :D

Congrats on the recent approvals! I got an update saying my card is in production, after receiving a letter of interview waiver. Applicants who got the same waiver letter might be getting an update soon too!

K1 Visa Timeline

• xx-xx-2005 - Met in an online creative writing forum for anime (Yes, we are nerds. Awesome ones, at that.) Became friends ever since and chatted mostly on YM. Our characters' names were Kumi and Drake.
  • 11-20-2011 - We became a couple.
  • 05-16-2012 to 05-25-2012 - First visit
  • 11-08-2012 - NOA1
  • 12-11-2012 to 12-18-2012 - Second visit
  • 05-08-2013 - NOA2
  • 06-13-2013 to 06-14-2013 - Two-day medical exam; passed!
  • 07-19-2013 - He visits again to be with me for the interview
  • 07-22-2013 - Interview date / APPROVED!
  • 08-01-2013 - Seattle POE
  • 08-02-2013 - Arrived in MO.
  • 09-01-2013 - Married!

AOS Timeline

• 10-01-2013- Sent AOS/EAD/AP in.
  • 10-10-2013 - NOA1 Date
  • 11-05-2013 - Biometrics Appointment
  • 12-05-2013 - EAD/AP: approved
  • 12-17-2013 - Combo card received
  • 01-10-2014 - Notice of Potential Interview Waiver case
  • 01-24-2014 - Card production
  • 01-29-2014 - Card mailed
  • 01-31-2014 - Permanent Residency Card received
  • 05-05-2014 - Job offer

ROC TImeline

• 10-26-2015- Second Anniversary of Permanent Residency
  • 11-03-2015 - Sent I-751 application
  • 11-05-2015 - NOA1 Receipt Date
  • 12-04-2015 - Biometrics Appointment
  • 05-18-2016 - Card production

Timeline

Thank you for the good vibes! Really needed right now! biggrin.png

Congrats on the hubby's license! I fear for my life with people driving on icy roads here so.... I will take the test in Spring. Haha. Also, they took away my PH Driver's License when I applied for a State ID. Something about North Dakota Law not being allowed to possess two state (or country) issued DL's at the same time. Sending good vibes back on the hubby's search for substitute work!

Ah, that makes sense...NJ is icy/cold enough right now -- I can't imagine how it is in N. Dakota! They said it was colder here yesterday than it was in Alaska - yikes! My hubby is from Wales - he's not used to this kind of cold lol...

thanks for the good luck - keeping our fingers crossed! :)

;-)))))

Awesome news -- congrats!! :)

Congrats on the recent approvals! I got an update saying my card is in production, after receiving a letter of interview waiver. Applicants who got the same waiver letter might be getting an update soon too!

Woo hoo - that's great! :) KC sounds like they are doing well!

for NJ, it says as of 11/30 they are processing 6/24 paperwork. blech! Any other NJ October filers in this thread? :)

YAY! Congrats girl! I HOPE other recipients of the waiver (like us!) would get good news soon. biggrin.png

Ah, that makes sense...NJ is icy/cold enough right now -- I can't imagine how it is in N. Dakota! They said it was colder here yesterday than it was in Alaska - yikes! My hubby is from Wales - he's not used to this kind of cold lol...

thanks for the good luck - keeping our fingers crossed! smile.png

Haha, Imagine me being baptized by... ice. And I'm from a Tropical Country! I have a jacket on inside the apartment. LOL Plus, almost every week we get Blizzard warnings. On Sunday, we're supposed to get the coldest temps for the season. Blizzard watch and temps might drop to -30F; Real Feel -62F! (That's -34C / -52C!)

YIKES. ohmy.png

But again, thanks for the good vibes! I'm up for interview with the previously said company I applied to! And awaiting the next one at the University. YAYYYYYYYYYY

Edited by Mrs.Presson

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

Congratulation to everyone!!!!!

my status just updated with : Card in production!

I cannot believe I am almost at the end of this "chapter" now I am waiting for the welcome to America!

and I could start the job hunting "chapter"

thank you all for the support!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.