sparkles_

Only met in person once, opinions?

26 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Include some proof of this smile.png That shows that you were serious about being together even if not in the US smile.png

I only have the emails and such between the school principle and myself going over details of my son's enrollment there (it was an int'l school) and pay rate I would get. I did not sign any lease because I knew June 30 was happening and didn't know how it would go. However that was discussed in those emails as well....should I include them even though it isn't between my fiance and me actually?

**Adjusting from initial Q1/changed to B1 then overstay, termination of removal proceedings**

(STAND ALONE i-130/TERMINATION OF REMOVAL)

First met: Totally random by asking for directions, June 2014 while on vacation at Disney World (L)

Engaged: Aug. 21, 2014

Married: Dec. 1, 2014

ICE phone contact: sometime in early Dec. 2014- Co-operated, retained attorney who advised the same.

Filed stand alone i-130: January 2015 (VSC)

ICE home visit, schedule time to go to DHS office and NTA issued, date TBD, was not detained and released on own recognizance within an hour: January, 2015.

NOA1: Feb. 20, 2015.

Transfer to CSC to balance workloads: August 2015

1)First Master Calendar Hearing: Sept. 9, 2015-Continued based on pending i-130, new court date in 6mo.

Congressional Inquiry: Dec 8. 2015

***i-130 APPROVED WITHOUT INTERVIEW: Dec. 21, 2015** :dancing:

2)Second Master Hearing: March 9, 2016- Removal proceedings terminated w/o prejudice based on approved i-130!! Remanded to USCIS to begin AOS process :dance:

(AOS AFTER TERMINATION)

Filed AOS packet: March 16, 2016.

NOA1: March 21, 2016.

Biometrics: April 20, 2016.

RFE Initial evidence: April 21, 2016 for birth cert/translation and Q1/B1 i94s

RFE response received: May 10, 2016.

EAD approval: May 25, 2016- Card arrived at attorney's office! Could not pick up until May 30 because we were at Disney World again :):D

Notice of missing medical exam: July 2016 (Done on purpose to avoid expiration, we will bring it to the interview as stated in notice)

Inquiry about case status: Sept 2016- Case pending interview at local office.

Inquiry about case status again: Oct. 2016- Due to factors not related to your case, anticipate a delay in processing

HAPPY 2YR ANNIVERSARY TO US!!

Infopass #1 at local office: Dec. 19, 2016- Case pending background/security checks, advised when to renew EAD #2

Waiting on interview at local office...... :clock:

Sent EAD renewal: Feb 10, 2016

EAD#2 NOA1: March 3, 2016

INTERVIEW SCHEDULED!!: interview on March 27, 2017

Text notification, new card being produced: March 29, 2017!!!

*~*~*~*818 DAYS TOTAL*~*~*~

"A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I only met my fiance (now husband) once, I went to his country for 17 days and filed when I got home, we had no issues at all so far on our journey, we are now married over 9 months and he is awaiting his green card, best of luck :)

Timeline

Thanks everyone!

**Adjusting from initial Q1/changed to B1 then overstay, termination of removal proceedings**

First met: Totally random by asking for directions, June 2014 while on vacation at Disney World (L)

ICE phone contact: sometime in early Dec. 2014- Co-operated, retained attorney who advised the same.

ICE home visit, schedule time to go to DHS office and NTA issued, date TBD, was not detained and released on own recognizance within an hour: January, 2015.

1)First Master Calendar Hearing: Sept. 9, 2015-Continued based on pending i-130, new court date in 6mo.

2)Second Master Hearing: March 9, 2016- Removal proceedings terminated w/o prejudice based on approved i-130!! Remanded to USCIS to begin AOS process :dance:

(AOS AFTER TERMINATION)

EAD approval: May 25, 2016- Card arrived at attorney's office! Could not pick up until May 30 because we were at Disney World again :):D

Notice of missing medical exam: July 2016 (Done on purpose to avoid expiration, we will bring it to the interview as stated in notice)

Inquiry about case status again: Oct. 2016- Due to factors not related to your case, anticipate a delay in processing

Infopass #1 at local office: Dec. 19, 2016- Case pending background/security checks, advised when to renew EAD #2

Timeline

Are U properly divorce yet with a decree?

Finalize things and put in another visit

B4 filing any petitions...whats the hurry

get to know the person more and build your

case....also read the vawa thread here

Not yet, ex was in the military and you can't serve or divorce a deployed servicemember, it's something called the SSCR act. Add the state required wait time and custody issues and that explains why I'm not legally free yet but soon.

I was asking because as it looks like, I won't be able to visit for 6 plus months, if not more due to my university schedule and new work schedule. Add the wait time for the process itself and there you go...no hurry, but neither of us want to keep being apart either.

(AOS AFTER TERMINATION)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Meeting once is fine as long as its more than 2 weeks or more , if its only for like 3 days it can cause problem. I only went to visit my than fiance now husband once but we stayed together in Dubai for 2 month and this was enuff for us to get approve. Overall the embassy in Abu dhabi is easy and straight forward. A lot of us here on Visajourney got approve easliy in Abu dhabi consulate without AP especially for the fact that my husband was Pakistani. I hope this gives you a idea.. GOOd luck..

It's not true !As long as you met WITHIN 2 years as that what they require for you to be able to apply for k1.It didn't say "as long as it's more than two weeks!There was no statement written regarding how long you have to stay together when to qualify for the pertition.Where did you get your info?You are leading the OP into confusion when you feed them wrong infos.You need to read more.

OP If you met once the best you can do is to prove that you have a bonafide and strong relationship.f you can prove that you met that is good, you must have the itenerary tickets,entry & exit stamps, receipts from hotel restaurant that you has dates on it prior to your visit .Those are the major proof whilst photos together with date, name of place where the photos were taken are also very important even though photos are just secondary proofs.And inlcude chat logs, phone calls, etc.

I'm sure you already have ideas about all the things I wrote.Good luck on your journey.

Oh we have a lawyer because we want to be rest assured that we don't forget anything that might lead to RFE and delayed, lawyers know the pitfalls which is why we hired them, we send them requirements and they are the one doing all the paperwork which is very convenient it is part of what we paid for ofcourse.Lawyers are costly too, we hired them because we just can't afford being away from each other and we want to avoid delays and be sure everything is done correctly, however they cannot do anything to speed up your case.Be careful some lawyers don't know what they are doing and can lead your petition to some place called "nowhere". My fiance visited me only for a week and we stayed together the entire time until I sent him to the airport.Short time of staying cause he only had a week of vacation left when he visited me and he need to get back to work.

Hope this helps

Nisselrolleyes.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I met my fiance (husband) just once in person for 2 weeks, came back home and filed 6 months later..... some will discourage this and say it isn't enough "Face time" but the reality is that it all depends on your case, not theirs or anybody elses. It seems you've met the requirement of meeting him and its good that you know to wait until you have your final divorce decree to file as you have to be free to marry.... I stressed a bit over our 1 time visit but in the end it did not matter and we were approved without any hassle or AP. Everybody has their idea of how long a courtship should be and how much physical time you should have together but if you think about it, in the US there are folks also who have brief courtships/relationships before they decided to get married and don't have to go through any of the bull that we do to prove the relationship. Never do anything without thinking it through all the way and don't become caught up in the lovey doviness of it all and forget about the commitment that goes along with it. Good Luck.

Are U properly divorce yet with a decree?

Finalize things and put in another visit

B4 filing any petitions...whats the hurry

get to know the person more and build your

case....also read the vawa thread here

I was thinking the same thing. OP since it sounds like you are not divorced yet you CANNOT file for a K1 until after the divorce is final and some states have a 6 month waiting period after the divorce is final so you may want to google your state for divorce laws or whatever state you get divorced in. You said someone has been petitioned before? I would make another trip after the divorce is finalized before submitting any paperwork. Good luck.

AOS Journey

11-04-2011 sent AOS to Chicago lockbox

11-07-2011 delivered

11-08-2011 Date on text messages but did not receive until 11-22-2011

11-23-2011 Check cashed.

11-25-2011 Hard copies of NOA1s

12-06-2012 Pui's Brother unexpectly passes away and we make an info pass appointment and receive an emergancy AP so she can return home. Pui leaves for Thailand for 2 weeks.

12-06-2012 Get a text message and email that she received an RFE

12-12-2012 RFE for original birth certificate. I swear we sent it along with a certificate translation of it.

12-20-2012 Pui returns from Thailand.

12-21-2012 We send the RFE back for with original birth certificate along with a new certificate of translation(I had to wait for her to return for her to sign)

12-26-2012 text and email they have received the RFE.

12-29-2012 Appointment for biometrics is 01-23-2012

01-13-2012 AP is approved.

01-23-2012 Biometrics appointment. Later during the evening the text and email saying the EAD is approved.

01-31-2012 EAD/AP combo card arrives.

05-22-2012 Email and text card is in production!

Timeline

I was thinking the same thing. OP since it sounds like you are not divorced yet you CANNOT file for a K1 until after the divorce is final and some states have a 6 month waiting period after the divorce is final so you may want to google your state for divorce laws or whatever state you get divorced in. You said someone has been petitioned before? I would make another trip after the divorce is finalized before submitting any paperwork. Good luck.

Hence why I haven't filed yet :) No waiting period in my state thankfully.

Yes I petitioned before about 6yr and 2 children ago. I was asking based off of the fact I may NOT be able to get time off for another 6-9mo for reasons explained in my other post. I based my visit around uni. schedules, and now add a new job and time is limited 10x. I know it looks better but it may not be an option to visit again before filing and attend the interview instead.

(AOS AFTER TERMINATION)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.