cheep-cheep

My mom just had her visa denied

27 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Fiji
Timeline

is it possible that there was a mistake in filling out the visa application ?.. specifically was the box checked indicating another petition was on file by mistake ?

8/16/2012 I-129F NOA1
11/8/2012 Married
1/3/2013 I-129F cancelled
1/29/2013 withdrawal notice received
2/5/2013 I-130 NOA1 with error on wife's name
Case status not available
2/5/2013 Unable to generate service request

3/13/2013 transferred to local office
3/26/2013 Service request generated
4/12/2013 Infopass, file in workflow March 28
4/19/2013 Case status available - APPROVED!

Detour to the NVC via NRC

For information on my detour and the steps I took to free my petition, check
"about me"

NVC

6/7/2013 NVC logs file as received

6/11/2013 Case number and IIN assigned

6/12/2013 DS-3032 emailed

6/13/21013 AOS paid

6/14/2013 DS-3032 emailed attention superuser (stupid me)

6/23/2013 DS-3032 emailed attention supervisor

6/24/2013 DS-3032 accepted

6/25/2013 IV bill generated and paid

07/06/2013 IV & AOS sent; 07/11/2013 NVC logs received

07/30/2013 IV Accepted; AOS Checklist

08/01/2013 AOS Checklist received

08/02/2013 AOS resent; 08/07/2013 NVC logs received

08/28/2013 Case Complete

09/10/2013 Interview date assigned

Embassy

08/14/2013 Medical; 08/19/2013 Medical Ready

08/07/2013 Police cert ordered (Fiji delivers straight to the embassy)

10/02/2013 Interview

xx/xx/2013 Visa in Hand

xx/xx/2013 POE Los Angeles International Airport

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

My mom was denied her visa whe we applied for her to come two my wedding. They want it to be formal. Our mothers have way too strong bonds in the US and the agents can't allow for them to even have the chance to stay. I have a long way until I can petition her. Only thing left to do I have faith and wait.

Concurrent AOS

11/15/11 Met my sweetheart online through LDS site
12/11/12 Flew to the US and enrolled in language school
02/28/13 Met him in person
03/29/13 Proposal
06/21/13 Religious wedding
09/09/13 Filed for AOS
09/11/13 [Day 1] Packet arrived Chicago Lockbox

09/19/13 [Day 9] I-797C NOTICE OF REJECTION (forgot to check under which category I was filing for AOS)

09/21/13 [Day 11] Sent Back AOS Packet

09/23/13 [Day 13] Arrived at Chicago Lockbox and signed by D. COLONNA

09/29/13 [Day 19] E-mail confirmation

09/30/13 [Day 20] Checks Cashed

10/04/13 [Day 24] NOA hardcopy I-130, I-485, I-765

10/15/13 [Day 35] Biometric appointment successful (Idaho Falls ladies were really really nice)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

my opinion - you, the OP, qualify for USCitizenship, so the Vice-Consul thinks yer going to file a petition for your Mom, leading to an IR-5 visa.

/end of opinion

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I totally agree with Apple21. The CO didn't mean there is a petition already in place for your mom; he/she has presumed your mother to be an "intended immigrant" considering the situation - you being a permanent resident qualified to file for citizenship, her grandchildren being citizens, history of too many people with ties to the U.S using visitor visas to immigrate, etc. This doesn't mean your mom was going to overstay her visa or refuse to return to the Philippines; it means the CO has a valid reason for making the assumption.

was denied because she has a daughter in the US, who is qualified for US citizenship.

The CO meant that you should just petition for your mother. The CO instinctively "thinks" that you want your mom to help you take care of your baby therefore have "immigrant intent" that could lead to using the B1/B2 to "adjust status" in the US.

Very typical scenario for the Philippines.

Just looking at it from the CO's point of view. idea9dv.gif

Marriage (if applicable): 2007-09-08

I-130 sent: 2008-08-05

I-130 approved: 2009-04-08

Case Completed at NVC: 2009-04-08

IR-1 Visa Received: 2011-01-21

US Entry: 2011-01-29

SS card received: 02-26-2011

10 years GC Received: 03/10/2011

Citizenship eligibility Criteria: 3 years

10-31-2013: Eligibility Date

02-07-2014: Application Sent

02-11-2014: Application Received

02-11-2014: Priority Date

02-18-2014: NOA Received

02-20-2014: Bio-metric Letter sent Date

03-11-2014: Bio-metric Date

03-13-2014: In-line for Interview

04-10-2014: Interview Letter Sent Date

05-20-2014: Interview Date

06-19-2014: Oath Ceremony

06-21-2014: Applied for U.S passport Book (expedite-$60)

06-23-2014: Passport Application received

06-26-2014: Passport Completed processing and mailed

06-27-2014: Passport Received

A lot of people try a second time when their application is denied.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yeah I think they assumed you will petition your Mom eventually to live with you. I'm going to try the same thing as you in the future but I've made clear to my wife's family that there will be no petitioning at any time and will write the same letter to the embassy. I didn't marry someone half way around the world so that I could have her family here with us. Biggest advantage of marrying outside the country is the avoidance of in-laws. It's a ####### shoot for the tourist visa, not much money loss if it gets denied. I know it would be nice to have your mom there for the baby, it's unfortunate sometimes the way the system works.

I'm a green card holder and has been living in the united state since 2009, and my husband is a US citizen. Me and my husband works full time and making 3x the poverty guidelines. I just gave birth with our first Baby a month ago and currently on maternity leave. My husband and I invited my mom here in the US we spent months (and a little fortune) gathering documentation to apply for my mom's visa so she could come visit me and her first grandson. My mom works at the hospital as a house keeping supervisor. Yesterday my mom went to the US Embassy to have her visa interview and the visa was denied. I'll skip the whole "hours of standing in line outside under the sun" thing and go straight to the point: The interview didn't last 5 minutes.

The Consular Agent started asking the reason for her trip and she said "I want to be there to see my daughter and my grandson". Then she asked what else, my mom then added "to see the US'' then she was silent reading her computer screen for a long while. She then asked "for how long has your daughter been there?" my mom says "5 years". The she asked where does she works, how many children. Then the Consular Agent said I cant give you your visa right now just wait for your petition in a few months. My mom started crying and said "I have a letter from my son in law and my daughter here that might explain" but she didn't even bother to look at the letter or documents we sent her. Then my mom asked why she just said " just wait for your petition" then she just said next. My Mom was sobbing as we talked on the phone. I've been through this process and know exactly how humiliating it can be even though my visas were never denies. It was terrible hearing her crying through the phone and not being able to hold her tight.

Any idea why her visa got denied? I feel its not fair and the consular agent didn't even give my mom a chance, she didn't even bother to look at the documents she has.

8 years ago, when my grandmother applied for a tourist visa.. they denied her at first, because they looked at her income. She's a retired midwife, and at a time was barely getting anything from her pension. She then put all her money in her bank account, to show how much she has. When she applied again, she got it. They asked her the same thing they asked your mom, but the thing is she passed it because she was able to prove that she can provide for herself while she's visiting.

That's just weird..

Edited by krinamej

On October 2013, our I-129F Refused under 221(g)

So our son and I went back home to the PHL..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 10, 2014 - Marriage

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

CR1 Filing under DCF ;)^_^ :whistle:

08/05/2014 - Submitted I-130 at the USEM. :yes:

08/08/2014 - NOA2 :dance:

08/11/2014 - Emailed Packet 3 & Case Number. :rolleyes:

09/05/2014 - Completed Medical at SLEC. :thumbs:

09/12/2014 - Interview [Approved]! :dancing:

09/19/2014 - Visa RECEIVED! :jest:

10/19/2014 - POE ATL! :wub:

heart.gif

Just take more paperwork proving strong ties to your home country. Like letters from employers, any property she owns that are not easily movable to the US like land rights or home ownership. One of my friends had the same problem. Her mother was denied a visa because she has one green card holder daughter and one potential green card holder daughter. But she showed that she had another married child back in India, a sick husband , land and property. She got her visa the second time round. Sometimes they do make up their minds beforehand but sometimes you can change their minds.

Filed: Country: Turkey
Timeline

I'm a green card holder and has been living in the united state since 2009, and my husband is a US citizen. Me and my husband works full time and making 3x the poverty guidelines. I just gave birth with our first Baby a month ago and currently on maternity leave. My husband and I invited my mom here in the US we spent months (and a little fortune) gathering documentation to apply for my mom's visa so she could come visit me and her first grandson. My mom works at the hospital as a house keeping supervisor. Yesterday my mom went to the US Embassy to have her visa interview and the visa was denied. I'll skip the whole "hours of standing in line outside under the sun" thing and go straight to the point: The interview didn't last 5 minutes.

The Consular Agent started asking the reason for her trip and she said "I want to be there to see my daughter and my grandson". Then she asked what else, my mom then added "to see the US'' then she was silent reading her computer screen for a long while. She then asked "for how long has your daughter been there?" my mom says "5 years". The she asked where does she works, how many children. Then the Consular Agent said I cant give you your visa right now just wait for your petition in a few months. My mom started crying and said "I have a letter from my son in law and my daughter here that might explain" but she didn't even bother to look at the letter or documents we sent her. Then my mom asked why she just said " just wait for your petition" then she just said next. My Mom was sobbing as we talked on the phone. I've been through this process and know exactly how humiliating it can be even though my visas were never denies. It was terrible hearing her crying through the phone and not being able to hold her tight.

Any idea why her visa got denied? I feel its not fair and the consular agent didn't even give my mom a chance, she didn't even bother to look at the documents she has.

I think there is a mistake on the computer and the CO believes your mom is being petitioned to migrate to the US. You should contact the consulate and make sure the error is corrected.

NOA 1 November 15, 2010

NOA 2 August 25, 2011

Closed NVC Ocotber 11, 2011

Interview Date: January 12,2012

Thank you my wonderful God in Heaven.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Singapore
Timeline

not sure why but from a lot of people's experiences, taking care of grandchildren is not a good reason to obtain a travel visa. Those cases usually get denied.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just take more paperwork proving strong ties to your home country. Like letters from employers, any property she owns that are not easily movable to the US like land rights or home ownership. One of my friends had the same problem. Her mother was denied a visa because she has one green card holder daughter and one potential green card holder daughter. But she showed that she had another married child back in India, a sick husband , land and property. She got her visa the second time round. Sometimes they do make up their minds beforehand but sometimes you can change their minds.

She has all the evidence if only the consular checked what she has then she will have an idea that my moms only intent is to see me and her first grandson. My mom owns a house and few other things in her name. My dad and my 3 siblings, 2 grand daughters that she adores so much and a good job I don't think she will leave all that just to take care of my son.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.