solange_arg

I am so done with this!!

26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Im sorry to vent here,but I have checked my email all week really hoping to receive my NOA2 every 5 mins,they received my first Rfe on august 27 and I thought yayyy noa2 is coming next,but no!! Just 5 mins ago i receive an email saying they mailed another RFE,my firdt one was the letter of intent to marry,my question is,did i send the wronf info? Why in the world would they not just ask for everything they needed on the first rfe? Im so upset that we have to wait anoother couple of days to see what they are asking for now,and also wait again for the review,and then hopefully the noa..im so tired of waiting all the time :( someone give me hope please..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Rebecca is right. Both you and your fiancé need to prepare/sign letters of intent.

May 29, 2013 - Finally!!! I-129F and associated forms delivered!

June 3, 2013 - NOA1!

August 19, 2013 - NOA2! (email)

October 10, 2013 - NVC has our case, Vancouver number assigned

***Communications with Vancouver begging to put my case on hold a while due to house not selling!!!***

February 18, 2014 - Packet 3 Submitted

February 20, 2014 - Packet 4!!

May 5, 2014 - Medical

May 7, 2014 - Consulate Interview

May 13, 2014 - K1 visa in hand!!!

July 2, 2014 - POE (Sweetgrass)<p>

July 23, 2014 - apply for EI (mother of god that was confusing...)<p>

August 11, 2014 - finally get hitched!

September 16, 2014 - send off AOS/AP/EAD

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
:( its probably that..how ridiculous that they want us to sign a letter and send it around the globe and back to them! If we are filing for this visa,isnt that enough intnet to get married? We even have a son together,like what more can they possibly need

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Rebecca and Pro Star are correct, you both needed to write a letter.

Just a suggestion here but while you are waiting for the REF to come in the mail, your fiance could write their letter of intent and get it sent out to you. If this is what the RFE actually is at least you will be on your way to having it complete and can cut down a little on the time :)

You'll get there, don't give up hope yet :)

K1 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center (transferred to Texas Service Center)

Consulate : Mumbai, India

I-129F Sent : 2013-01-24

I-129F NOA1 : 2013-01-29

I-129F RFE(s) : none

RFE Reply(s) : na

I-129F transferred to TSC: 2013-06-28

I-129F NOA2 : 2013-07-09

NVC Received : 2013-07-24

NVC Left : 2013-08-05

Consulate Received : 2013-08-19

Packet 3 Received : none

Packet 3 Sent : none

Packet 4 Received : none

Interview Date : 2013-09-23 APPROVED!!! dancin5hr.gif

Visa Received: 2013-10-01

AOS

Filed - 03/08/2014
NOA1 Email -
03/10/2014

Biometrics Appointment - 04/04/2014

Potential Interview Waiver Letter - 06/27/2014

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

sad.png its probably that..how ridiculous that they want us to sign a letter and send it around the globe and back to them! If we are filing for this visa,isnt that enough intnet to get married? We even have a son together,like what more can they possibly need

It takes 5-10 business days if you have him send it priority. My fiance is from Argentina too, and we're almost at the interview point, so don't worry there's hope!

Make sure you BOTH sign a letter of intent (one from each of you). I recommend signing the papers in blue ink (and filling them out/writing them in black ink) on a magazine so the imprint of the pen is visible.

Sometimes they suspect that the signature isn't original and send RFEs for that. Just so you avoid that!

Edited by d3adc0d3

~ Don't forget to 'Vote Up' useful advice from others ~

K1 Visa Journey [April 11, 2013 - August 31, 2014]
[2014-09-20] !!! WEDDING !!!
[2014-09-22] Applied for SSN
[2014-09-26] Marriage License in Snail Mail
[2014-10-22] Notification of SSC in mail, will arrive "within 2 weeks"
[2014-10-27] SSC Arrived!

2015-04-30] Mailed AOS Package!
[2015-06-16] EAD Approved!
[2015-06-16] AP Approved!
[2015-06-23] EAD/AP Card Received!

[2015-10-02] AOS Approved (No Interview)!

[2015-10-07] Greencard Mailed

[2015-10-09] Approval Notice Recieved

[2015-10-09] Greencard Recieved!

I used RapidVisa for my petition; a paperwork service. A K1 is $375.00 to use their hassle-free online application system.

Useful Links:
Igor's List | Advanced Search Tool | Q&A With a Former USCIS Adjudicator
Visa Status Checker (Once you get a Case # from NVC) | Offical USCIS Reasons for a K1 Denial

The advice offered by this user is not legal advice. You should contact an attorney to obtain legal advice.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Cool off man be smart they are working in your case Hey you are lucky, now perhaps you at the time forgot this little document that is easy to get.. do not be ridiculus

a lot of people likle you stil have nothing, take a look my timeline and you will foud that we are very close in the date we send the documents and I got nothing at the end it is what it is....

you stuill bitching without any reason; consider yourself lucky ... THEY KILLING ME MAN

Go ahead find the paper and sent it to immigration and that it your done (for now). Any way I am sending to you my CONGRATULATIONS YOU GOOD!!!

Edited by c12h22oh

sad.png its probably that..how ridiculous that they want us to sign a letter and send it around the globe and back to them! If we are filing for this visa,isnt that enough intnet to get married? We even have a son together,like what more can they possibly need

Visa to immigrate into US is a privilege and NEVER a right , you need to do everything (all the paper works) properly and correctly required by the US laws,period!!! in order to gain that "privilege " . Not, just because you had a child together, you can have 20 , and its meant nothing to the US laws.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Im sorry to vent here,but I have checked my email all week really hoping to receive my NOA2 every 5 mins,they received my first Rfe on august 27 and I thought yayyy noa2 is coming next,but no!! Just 5 mins ago i receive an email saying they mailed another RFE,my firdt one was the letter of intent to marry,my question is,did i send the wronf info? Why in the world would they not just ask for everything they needed on the first rfe? Im so upset that we have to wait anoother couple of days to see what they are asking for now,and also wait again for the review,and then hopefully the noa..im so tired of waiting all the time sad.png someone give me hope please..

My fiance and I received our RFE August 1st, they wanted a current passport-style photo of each of us, plus a letter of our intent to marry. I didn't read the RFE properly and we typed a letter together, and we both signed ONE letter. I found out afterward that it was supposed to be two separate letters, but we got our NOA2 approval three weeks later. I think it also helped that we got a letter from my best friend, who will serve as a witness to our legal marriage in the United States.

Good luck, Solange_arg. All will be well, you just have to be patient. I know it's hard.

Applied for Naturalization based on 3-year Residency 

July 05, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed via USPS to Phoenix Lockbox

July 10, 2017 (Day 05) - NOA received

July 12, 2017 (Day 07) -  Check is cashed by USCIS

July 19, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics appointment letter mailed

August 02, 2017 (Day 28) - Biometrics appointment at Seattle Field Office

August 28, 2017 (Day 54) - Case is "in line" for an interview"

August 28, 2018 (Day 419) - Interview is scheduled

October 4, 2018 (Day 462) - Citizenship Interview AND Oath (offered same day oath by ISO in Seattle, WA)

Officially a U.S. Citizen - Proud to be an American

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Unless THEY made a mistake, they never send TWO RFEs. If your response is not adequate, they deny the case and you start over.

two possibilities.

1. The second RFE is a duplicate of the first. It happens. If you get a 2nd one, duplicate of the first DO NOT ignore it. Send exactly the same response. These people are functionaries and if their is an RFE out there, they need a response. DO NOT assume they will figure out it was a duplicate and they don't need a 2nd response.

2. THEY may have overlooked something and needed to send a 2nd RFE. While it is rare, it can happen. Because of YOUR demands for faster processing they are involving more people, more service centers, and no weven local offices in the process of petitions. Guess what? More mistakes.

when you get frustrated, remember...this is the EASY part.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

About half the children in the USA are born out of wedlock. Children do not equate to marriage (as you already know). Nor are they proof of a relationship in and of themselves. With a DNA test they can prove you had sexual intercourse with someone quite a while ago, nothing more.

There is a procedure to follow. It is all in the instructions. Read and follow the instructions and you will reduce problems.

The visa is the VERY easy part. Next will be the visa application, this is just a petition to request permission to APPLY for a visa. The visa process is more difficult. Then comes the AOS and that is more difficult yet, then the RoC, then citizenship. If this was a journey from New York to LA ,,, the petition approval occurs about the time you get to Buffalo, NY

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Your blood, sweat and tears.

Enjoy immigration.

I love a guy who looks like he could be on Criminal Minds as either an agent or a killer.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.