08/01/2013 : AOS checklist received missed informations

08/02/2013 : Response to checklist sent

09/09/2013 : Case complete

10/03/2013 : got an email about interview date

11/27/2013 : Interview date

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

- The State Department will not require DS-260s for beneficiaries of "pipeline" cases already in process at NVC on September 1 if: 1) the case has already been documentarily qualified and sent to scheduling, or 2) NVC receives a single submission of documents that makes a case documentarily qualified. For all other pipeline cases where NVC has occasion to send a "checklist" of missing documents after September 1, NVC will instruct petitioners/agents/beneficiaries to submit the DS-260 along with those missing documents, even if a DS-230 was already on file.

- Those filing petitions locally overseas (with either USCIS or a consular section) on or after September 1 must submit a DS-260 once the petition is approved. Posts should instruct beneficiaries to enter the principal applicant's DOB in YYYYMMDD format in lieu of an "Invoice ID" on the DS-260 login page.

- For cases filed locally overseas before September 1, if beneficiaries have already submitted a DS-230 or received instruction to do so, the consular post should accept the DS-230. If a consular post has not yet provided beneficiaries instructions on how to submit their applications, the post must require the DS-260. The consular post should not, as a general rule, require the submission of a DS-260 if a valid, signed, unexpired DS-230 is already on file and requiring the DS-260 would result in a 221(g) refusal for an otherwise issuable case.

- For Havana Only: Cuban Family Reunification Parole (CFRP) cases are the lone exception to the scenarios described above. The DS-260 will not allow an applicant whose case is not current to access the DS-260. For now, NVC will continue to solicit and accept Form DS-230 from applicants who opt in to the CFRP program.

Frequently asked questions are available here.

Instructions are available here.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

I haven't received an email instructing me to file DS-260. I received the invoice for DS-230, but haven't paid it yet as I am waiting for my baby to be born, probably in the next 2 weeks, to send her birth certificate and get an invoice for her DS-230 and send my wife's and baby's DS-230 at the same time. I have paid the AOS fee, but haven't sent it yet, as I am waiting for my baby to include her in the form as well.

So my question is, if I haven't received and email instructing me to send the DS-260, does it mean I should send the DS-230 when I have received and paid both invoices?

Thanks for the help guys.

Filed: Timeline

I haven't received an email instructing me to file DS-260. I received the invoice for DS-230, but haven't paid it yet as I am waiting for my baby to be born, probably in the next 2 weeks, to send her birth certificate and get an invoice for her DS-230 and send my wife's and baby's DS-230 at the same time. I have paid the AOS fee, but haven't sent it yet, as I am waiting for my baby to include her in the form as well.

So my question is, if I haven't received and email instructing me to send the DS-260, does it mean I should send the DS-230 when I have received and paid both invoices?

DS230 is obsolete as of September 1st. Have you received the IV fee? If no, then you should wait. Check the Ceac portal. If the DS-260 is enabled, fill it out.

Timeline

Effective Sept 1, 2013, the DS260 replaces the paper DS230. You will need to fill out the DS260 then send your wife and baby's civil documents via snail mail/courier to NVC.

Log-in here: https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/

Edited by apple21

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

DS230 is obsolete as of September 1st. Have you received the IV fee? If no, then you should wait. Check the Ceac portal. If the DS-260 is enabled, fill it out.

I have received the invoice for my wife, but haven't paid it. It doesn't say anything about either DS230 or DS260.

I am waiting for the birth of my baby, to send the birth certificate to NVC, so they can generate a new invoice for her. Then I would pat both invoices and send everything together, AOS, and IV info, unless it's done online.

I have received the invoice for my wife, but haven't paid it. It doesn't say anything about either DS230 or DS260.

I am waiting for the birth of my baby, to send the birth certificate to NVC, so they can generate a new invoice for her. Then I would pat both invoices and send everything together, AOS, and IV info, unless it's done online.

Got it. When you pay the AOS fee, it gives a you cover sheet. On the cover shee it directs you to a link on the NVC that shows what you need to file. Before Sept. 1st, they had DS230 and DS260 on the webpage. They removed the reference to DS-230. Now everyone is required to fill out the DS-260. I started my DS-230 before Sept. 1st so I was not required to fill out DS-260. I filled it out no matter what, but I got case complete a day after filling out DS-260.

Edited by KiwiPouPou

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

Your Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration application form (DS-260) was automatically forwarded to the National Visa Center (NVC) and will be processed in 3 to 5 working days.
I received the confirmation page but when my husband postage was my form I have seen that there is an error on the date of birth of my father in 1953 instead of 1963 are avocait has it can rectify it knowing that the cnv has already confirmed that they have received the form and it may delay my interview date...

What about the AOS package? Is that still mailed to NVC in "physical form"?

DS-260 is not the same as electronic processing. DS-260 only replaces the paper based DS-230. All of the physical documents still need to be sent to NVC unless directed by NVC. As of now there are only 6 embassies that ask the applicants to submit files online.

Edited by KiwiPouPou

• 5 weeks later...
Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
Hi all,

As all the folks here I also filled DS-230 and sent with my civil docs.

Now I sent eletronically the DS-260.

After doing this I receveid this message (after submiting DS-260).

The question is. Do I need to resend my civil docs through e-mail?

And what about this picture?

Next StepsAll applicants must:
  1. Obtain and submit required supporting civil documents.
  2. Obtain and submit photographs that meet the Department of State’s visa requirements.
  3. Review the information specific to U.S. Embassy/Consulate General where your visa interview will occur.
If you have not already collected and submitted the required documents to the National Visa Center then you should do so at this time. If the documentation you have submitted is either insufficient or incomplete you will be notified by the NVC. Your visa interview cannot be scheduled until your supporting documentation is complete and correct.

Note: During the interview with a consular officer, you will be required to sign your application by providing a biometric signature, i.e. your fingerprint. By providing this biometric signature, you are certifying under penalty of perjury that you have read and understood the questions in your immigrant visa application and that all statements that appear in your immigrant visa application have been made by you and are true and complete to the best of your knowledge and belief. Furthermore, at the time of your interview, you will be required to certify under penalty of perjury that all statements in your application and those made during your interview are true and complete to the best of your knowledge and belief.

"Here we are on this earth, with only a few more decades to live, and we lose many irreplaceable hours brooding over grievances that, in a year's time, will be forgotten by us and by everybody..."

Dale Carnegie

Timeline
Hi all,

As all the folks here I also filled DS-230 and sent with my civil docs.

Now I sent eletronically the DS-260.

After doing this I receveid this message (after submiting DS-260).

The question is. Do I need to resend my civil docs through e-mail?

And what about this picture?

Next Steps All applicants must:
  1. Obtain and submit required supporting civil documents.
  2. Obtain and submit photographs that meet the Department of State’s visa requirements.
  3. Review the information specific to U.S. Embassy/Consulate General where your visa interview will occur.
If you have not already collected and submitted the required documents to the National Visa Center then you should do so at this time. If the documentation you have submitted is either insufficient or incomplete you will be notified by the NVC. Your visa interview cannot be scheduled until your supporting documentation is complete and correct.

Note: During the interview with a consular officer, you will be required to sign your application by providing a biometric signature, i.e. your fingerprint. By providing this biometric signature, you are certifying under penalty of perjury that you have read and understood the questions in your immigrant visa application and that all statements that appear in your immigrant visa application have been made by you and are true and complete to the best of your knowledge and belief. Furthermore, at the time of your interview, you will be required to certify under penalty of perjury that all statements in your application and those made during your interview are true and complete to the best of your knowledge and belief.

If you already mailed your civil docs to NVC, there's no need to send it via email. Only countries who are included in the electronic processing can scan and email their civil docs, Brazil is not one of them.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Thanks apple21, but what about

n. 2

1. Obtain and submit photographs that meet the Department of State’s visa requirements.

"Here we are on this earth, with only a few more decades to live, and we lose many irreplaceable hours brooding over grievances that, in a year's time, will be forgotten by us and by everybody..."

Dale Carnegie

Timeline

Thanks apple21, but what about

n. 2

1. Obtain and submit photographs that meet the Department of State’s visa requirements.

Did you include 2x2 visa photos with your civil docs?

If you already mailed your civil docs to NVC, there's no need to send it via email. Only countries who are included in the electronic processing can scan and email their civil docs, Brazil is not one of them.

I filled out DS-260.

Now must I send to the NVC original documents or copies may be sent? Birth certificate, marriage certificate. Do I need to send the passport, too ? Or is a copy of it?

F2A
Nov-28-2012 - PD
Jul -16-2013 - approved
Aug-07-2013 - NVC received our case
Aug-21-2013 - case number assigned (by phone)
Aug-21-2013 - NVC sent DS-3032/I-864
Aug-26-2013 - received DS-3032/I-864 from NVC
Sen-16-2013 - Pay I-864 Bill

Sen-24-2013 - Return Completed I-864

Oct -23-2013 - received Checklist cover letter from NVC

Oct -31-2013 - DS-260 submitted

Nov-25-2013 - documents at NVC

Dec-04-2013 - received checklist

Dec-17-2013 - phoned NVC. documents haven't been checked yet.

Dec-20-2013 - received checklist

Jan------2014 - sent the originals of documents

Jan-27-2014 - case completed (by phone)

Mar-01-2014 - Interview Letter

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.