KiwiPouPou

NVC switched to DS-260 from DS-230

100 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Interesting. I filled out DS260 on Thursday early morning. My DS-230 was completed but NVC would not tell me on the line. I was waiting for AOS to be done as well. I called NVC today and they told me that my wife's case is comeplete and she is in line for interview schedule.

Congrats! so when did you send the ds230 and AOS? maybe the checklist you received was just a false checklist.

Filed: Timeline

Congrats! so when did you send the ds230 and AOS? maybe the checklist you received was just a false checklist.

Thanks. They recieved my AOS on July 19th and entered it in the system on July 23rd. My DS-230 was entered in the system on August 12th. Per their provided text, any case open after September with documentation missing needs to be filed with DS260. My AOS was rejected on July 9th due to a type. I shipped the revision overnight and they entered it in the system on August 13th (A day after DS-230). Two days ago I got the checklist for DS-260 and also mentioning that DS-230 is looked at but it cannot move forward since I have not responded to the AOS checklist. So it can a be false checklist or just my DS-230 was approved (waiting on AOS to be completed). I havent received an email for the case complete but the operator told me it is done. I guess I will get the email for the case complete on Monday. Not sure if we can make it to OCT or not. Our embassy is not that busy and our PD is current plus we are still in the first week of Sept (as some people say interviews are setup in the first two weeks). Lets see if we get lucky for that one.

Edited by KiwiPouPou

Timeline

Thanks. They recieved my AOS on July 19th and entered it in the system on July 23rd. My DS-230 was entered in the system on August 12th. Per their provided text, any case open after September with documentation missing needs to be filed with DS260. My AOS was rejected on July 9th due to a type. I shipped the revision overnight and they entered it in the system on August 13th (A day after DS-230). Two days ago I got the checklist for DS-260 and also mentioning that DS-230 is looked at but it cannot move forward since I have not responded to the AOS checklist. So it can a be false checklist or just my DS-230 was approved (waiting on AOS to be completed). I havent received an email for the case complete but the operator told me it is done. I guess I will get the email for the case complete on Monday. Not sure if we can make it to OCT or not. Our embassy is not that busy and our PD is current plus we are still in the first week of Sept (as some people say interviews are setup in the first two weeks). Lets see if we get lucky for that one.

Yah for sure you'll receive the email by monday but not sure if you'll have the IL for Oct cause they just send IL's for Oct last week and this week. Let's see. Update us. Congrats again and Goodluck :)

Timeline

Interesting. I filled out DS260 on Thursday early morning. My DS-230 was completed but NVC would not tell me on the line. I was waiting for AOS to be done as well. I called NVC today and they told me that my wife's case is comeplete and she is in line for interview schedule.

Congratulations.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

congrats

me i have sent my documents to the nvc on july,3 and i got a checklist on august,1 about i-864 missing information i respond to them on august,2 since then i didn't receive nothing from them my lwyer called the nvc on august, 20 they said that my case is still pending also she told me that we don't need to fill the new form cause they told her that my case is received by nvc before september,3

so do you think that they will send me an email on monday saying taht my case is complete or what ?

10/03/2011 : NOA1

05/24/2013 : NOA2

06/10/2013 : NVC received my case

06/17/2013 : case number received

06/19/2013 : IV & AOS fees paid

07/03/2013 : IV & AOS package sent

08/01/2013 : AOS checklist received missed informations

08/02/2013 : Response to checklist sent

09/09/2013 : Case complete

10/03/2013 : got an email about interview date

11/27/2013 : Interview date

Timeline

In my case, I recieved a checklist. I already fileld it out. I think this will get better soon. NVC just changed the procedure without thinking the whole story through. But it will get better...

What was your checklist about?

congrats

me i have sent my documents to the nvc on july,3 and i got a checklist on august,1 about i-864 missing information i respond to them on august,2 since then i didn't receive nothing from them my lwyer called the nvc on august, 20 they said that my case is still pending also she told me that we don't need to fill the new form cause they told her that my case is received by nvc before september,3

so do you think that they will send me an email on monday saying taht my case is complete or what ?

I guess it is different case by case. I think it depends on the list of documents you provide too. Sometimes they need more time to verify it. I say call them first thing in the morning and ask for you case status. if it is closed, then you should get something on Monday. If it is still open, you need to wait a little bit more. It took them 19 days to finish my AOS filling.

What was your checklist about?

It had two sections:

1) Fill out DS-260.

2) We have not heard back from you regarding the AOS checklist.

I think I got the first item because of the second one. For the AOS, it mentioned that we have received DS-230 and all of the documents but we need AOS to wrap it up. My AOS correction (2nd submission) was filed 2 days after DS-230. So they were working on them simultaneously. As soon as AOS was done, they closed my case. I filled out DS-260 anyways.

Timeline

I guess it is different case by case. I think it depends on the list of documents you provide too. Sometimes they need more time to verify it. I say call them first thing in the morning and ask for you case status. if it is closed, then you should get something on Monday. If it is still open, you need to wait a little bit more. It took them 19 days to finish my AOS filling.

in your mind why it's depend to the ducumemts we send

a think it's the same documents

are you green card or citizen ?

in your mind why it's depend to the ducumemts we send

a think it's the same documents

are you green card or citizen ?

I am a green card holder. It is per country basis. For example, police records from Iran are not reliable. They dont follow a specific format hence it is hard for the officers to authenticate it. It all comes down to making sure the documents valid and authentic. Also Islamic marriage certificates contain way too much information. They have to read that and make sure it all lines up perfectly.

For our case, we did not need to provide police certificates. So one less document to go through and validate.

Timeline

hi did anyone here how i can know that my case is complete ( website ) ?

Timeline

hi did anyone here how i can know that my case is complete ( website ) ?

no website..u have to call the NVC on the 20th but now 30th day from the time they entered ur docs in their system or u can wait for their email they will inform you anyway. but email will be a week late from the day of ur completion so if you can call do so and if u can't, just wait for their mail. good luck.

Timeline

no website..u have to call the NVC on the 20th but now 30th day from the time they entered ur docs in their system or u can wait for their email they will inform you anyway. but email will be a week late from the day of ur completion so if you can call do so and if u can't, just wait for their mail. good luck.

thx so much i got an email from NVC in the morning my case is complete finnaly

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.