sfoto

No response to N400 aplication

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

I have applied for N400 on April 2013. I received my FP notice 3 weeks later, and it was done. After almost 4 months, my case status is still "initial review". The average waiting time of my district is 5 months!

I went to InfoPass on Aug. 21st, and the officer told me that I have been assigned to receive a notice for interview on June 11th (two months ago), but it has never happened. He also mentioned that the FBI and Background checks are all there, and I am cleared. But, even he did not know why my case has been stopped.

I am totally frustrated and have no idea what to do. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Tunisia
Timeline

I'm not sure really. I can't give you a straight answer as I don't work there but you have to move for yourself and do something about it. Infopass, call 1800 and congressman. As when the other officer told you that your bimeteics came back clear I don't see no reason to hold your application.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Usually the interview is scheduled for 5 weeks after the letter is sent out. If they told you your letter was sent out 2 and a half months ago that means your interview date was most likely over a month ago. Could the letter have been lost in the mail?

Someone recently missed their biometrics appointment because the letter never came to them. They called USCIS and were told it was sent out and they had missed the appointment several weeks before. They had one rescheduled but it has delayed their processing for well over a month.

It is very strange that the officer only told you what they did and left it at that. They would be the best persons to direct you in the next steps to take. I would try to see if I could get another interview scheduled or ask them to check if another has been scheduled already since they probably have you in the system as a no show for the first appointment if indeed a letter was sent out.

NATURALIZATION
07-03-2013: Eligible to file
07-22-2013: Application sent (Delivered: 07-24-13)
08-05-2013: NOA1 received (Priority date: 07-24-13, Check cashed: 07-29-13)
08-22-2013: Biometrics (Received: 08-06-13, Walk-in: 08-08-13)
09-03-2013: Inline for interview (Yellow letter received: 10-23-13)
11-04-2013: Interview scheduled (Received: 11-09-13)
12-12-2013: Interview (Approved)
01-03-2014: Oath ceremony, passport application and passport received

DONE!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

hi! call into uscis, get an ISO, a Tier 2 Human,

then

ask - 'Do you have any returned mail pieces on me?'

If yes, go over the address (again) and ask them to send that stuff out to you.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Usually the interview is scheduled for 5 weeks after the letter is sent out. If they told you your letter was sent out 2 and a half months ago that means your interview date was most likely over a month ago. Could the letter have been lost in the mail?

Someone recently missed their biometrics appointment because the letter never came to them. They called USCIS and were told it was sent out and they had missed the appointment several weeks before. They had one rescheduled but it has delayed their processing for well over a month.

It is very strange that the officer only told you what they did and left it at that. They would be the best persons to direct you in the next steps to take. I would try to see if I could get another interview scheduled or ask them to check if another has been scheduled already since they probably have you in the system as a no show for the first appointment if indeed a letter was sent out.

The case was set for notice of interview. But the letter has never been sent. Even the officer had no idea why! He filed a complaint on my behalf. But he had no idea why the USCIS stopped sending me that letter. The problem is that the letter was never issued... :(

I have no idea what to do. He told me wait for two more weeks and then see what happens. But I dont think anything happens after two weeks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ok. If no letter was sent out yet your case very well could have slipped into a dark corner and been overlooked. A call to your congressman office should get the ball rolling again quickly. If they did lose it, that should prompt them to find it, dust it off and schedule your interview.

Edited by Jamericanlove

NATURALIZATION
07-03-2013: Eligible to file
07-22-2013: Application sent (Delivered: 07-24-13)
08-05-2013: NOA1 received (Priority date: 07-24-13, Check cashed: 07-29-13)
08-22-2013: Biometrics (Received: 08-06-13, Walk-in: 08-08-13)
09-03-2013: Inline for interview (Yellow letter received: 10-23-13)
11-04-2013: Interview scheduled (Received: 11-09-13)
12-12-2013: Interview (Approved)
01-03-2014: Oath ceremony, passport application and passport received

DONE!

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

The case was set for notice of interview. But the letter has never been sent. Even the officer had no idea why! He filed a complaint on my behalf. But he had no idea why the USCIS stopped sending me that letter. The problem is that the letter was never issued... sad.png

I have no idea what to do. He told me wait for two more weeks and then see what happens. But I dont think anything happens after two weeks.

Seems like you are an Iranian . Its a silent and unspoken strategy that blessing Citizenship to certain countries should go to big bosses . I am not saying its in your case but if so even calling Obama does not help . But sure calling your congressman can shake things up. Good luck

Timeline

Seems like you are an Iranian . Its a silent and unspoken strategy that blessing Citizenship to certain countries should go to big bosses . I am not saying its in your case but if so even calling Obama does not help . But sure calling your congressman can shake things up. Good luck

True, I am iranian. But I was living in US for past five years, totally ethical and responsible. This does not give consent to discreminate against me. Has this happened to others too? I truely hope this not the case, otherwise it would be completely disappointing.

Thanks for the tip for talking to congressman. Apparently, this is my las option, and I hope it could be helpful...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Sfoto no its not related to where you are from but it could be on somebody's desk who is slacking. As I said call 1800 number, call the congressman and make an infopass. You have to stand up and show them you are serious so they make an effort to find out what's going on.

Mary81 by law no g

Sfoto no its not related to where you are from but it could be on somebody's desk who is slacking. As I said call 1800 number, call the congressman and make an infopass. You have to stand up and show them you are serious so they make an effort to find out what's going on.

Mary81 by law no government agency can discriminate against him because of his nationality. Please don't intend to hurt people with your words. Words can be sharper then a knife.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

True, I am iranian. But I was living in US for past five years, totally ethical and responsible. This does not give consent to discreminate against me. Has this happened to others too? I truely hope this not the case, otherwise it would be completely disappointing.

Thanks for the tip for talking to congressman. Apparently, this is my las option, and I hope it could be helpful...

My friend, Sorry if my words were inappropriate. I was just trying to help . You will get your citizenship very soon. I know a co-worker of mine who is from Cuba ( short time living in U.S.) she applied it took her 10 months before they've called her for her interview. finally she got in little less than 14 months. so yes! you will get it don't worry about the delay. Keep shaking things calling your con-man - infopass .good luck

I agree with Mary81. I my self know 3 people that went through the same thing. 2 from Syria and one from egypte. But they ended up taking their citizenship anyway.

But for sure contacting your congressman will boost your application a bit.

Good luck!

Edited by NINA80

Timeline

That is frustrating. But what confuses me is that when I went to infopass, the officer told me that all those background checks and everything related is there. There was even a note on my file saying to send me the interview letter. Is it possible that they decided to stop me suddenly? Or the case is simply being overlooked?!! I do not know that...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

That is frustrating. But what confuses me is that when I went to infopass, the officer told me that all those background checks and everything related is there. There was even a note on my file saying to send me the interview letter. Is it possible that they decided to stop me suddenly? Or the case is simply being overlooked?!! I do not know that...

I want to be positive and think that unfortunately mistakes are made, and with so much volume in applications, some of us fall through the cracks. You are not alone, I am still waiting (since Apr 2nd when they received my request for a new biometrics date), for this new appt to be set, and after 2 calls and a letter, I am still nowhere just waiting 2 more weeks so I am allowed to do the E-Request.

As I said I want to be positive, but you brought something up that I also have been told to perhaps consider. In your case is your country of origin and in mine, my political inclinations. If you think this can't be, I agree... it shouldn't be, but if you follow the news you must know what the IRA was doing to certain political groups, in my case I am not member or "officially" involved in any type of political activity, but in social media I am very vocal and express my opinion freely. This is what after knowing about my almost 5 months of being ignored, a friend brought up... if the background check could bring up my points of view, and I am not a top of the pile candidate, to be given the right to vote.

If you are laughing and saying all this is crazy, yes... that's what I said at the time, but after the IRS and the NSA survaillance, what before I would have categorically denied, now I am not so sure what to think.

Bottom line, good like to you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.