Chuckles

Foriegn degree accreditation

12 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I know this information was posted here previously, but I could not find it in a quick search.

What resources are available to obtain 'equivalent' degrees in America for Foriegn degrees? I know there are accreditation services available, but do not know how to find them.

Any help would be appreciated.

K1 Visa Process long ago and far away...

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

AOS Process a fading memory...

01/31/07 - Mailed AOS/EAD package for Olga and Anya

06/01/07 - Green card arrived in mail

Removing Conditions

03/02/09 - Mailed I-751 package (CSC)

03/06/09 - Check cashed

03/10/09 - Recieved Olga's NOA1

03/28/09 - Olga did biometrics

05/11/09 - Anya recieved NOA1 (took a call to USCIS to take care of it, oddly, they were helpful)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I know this information was posted here previously, but I could not find it in a quick search.

What resources are available to obtain 'equivalent' degrees in America for Foriegn degrees? I know there are accreditation services available, but do not know how to find them.

Any help would be appreciated.

google is your friend

do a google search for "foreign degree evaluation" or something similiar and you will get a list

YMMV

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I had to get my Cdn High school accredited. Used these guys. Were extremely fast. $75.00 fee($5.00 each for extra copies) and they answered emails pretty fast. http://www.educationinternational.org/procedure.htm

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

i just applied to grad school here and had to get my degree accredited by AACRAO ...

K-1 Process:

I-129F sent - 20th Jan 2006

NOA2 - 18th April 2006 (APPROVED: 87th day!)

Packet 3 received - 5th May 2006

Packet 4 - 19th May 2006

Medical - 23rd May 2006

Interview - 9th June 2006 (APPROVED: 139th day!)

Married on August 10th 2006

AOS Process:

AOS/EAD sent - 13th September 2006

RFE on AOS - 22nd September 2006

Biometrics - 5th October 2006 (22nd day)

RFE Sent Back - October 28th 2006

Transfered to CSC - November 15th 2006 (63rd day)

EAD Approved - December 11th 2006 (90th day)

AOS APPROVED!! - December 14th 2006 (93rd day)

weddingbm4.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

My employer asked me to use IERF. Cost about $80 to evaluate my degree. Another resource is WES (World Education Services). Just type in those names in google and it will take you to their websites.

Me- Indonesia & hubby - US

married in Vancouver, Canada

USCIS-free for 10 years !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I used AACRAO to evaluate my degree. It was very inexpensive, about $75. I wanted to use WES first, but they asked for transcripts mailed directly from my University in my home country, and it would have been a hassle, and maybe even impossible.

Filed AOS from F-1
Green Card approved on 01/04/07
Conditions removed 01/29/09

Citizenship Oath 08/23/12

• 10 months later...
Filed: Timeline
I used AACRAO to evaluate my degree. It was very inexpensive, about $75. I wanted to use WES first, but they asked for transcripts mailed directly from my University in my home country, and it would have been a hassle, and maybe even impossible.

I'm applying for Law School right now, and they are using AACRAO to evaluate the degree. Did they calculate your GPA correctly? When I applied for grad education few years back school evaluated degrees by themselved and totally messed up my grades by treating "passed" (zachet) as D. Also, what did they require you to send, "Vkladysh" + Diploma or just "Akademicheskaya spravka"?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

There are quite a few. And several are listed here. WES is really very popular throughout the nation and they do have expedited services if you require it. (for a fee of course) I happen to work in HR and would just like to mention that you should consider what you are getting the evaluation for.....by this I mean that if it's for say licensure in a profession, you want to make sure you use a service that the agency recognizes/accepts. Not all are recognized and going with a larger, more established one like WES, if you don't have a plan in advance for it's use, can be safer than going with what's least expensive or most convenient then having to do it again for a particular job or school or licensing agency.

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

There are companies that will do the conversion, try googling it.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: IR-5 Country: Ukraine
Timeline

My Fiancee is due to arrive in a little over a week. She has been trying to gather everything she can over the past few days and the University she attened and graduated from is about worthless as far as assisting their alumni with this. WSe have both dgrees translated and certified, but the coursework information is tough to get.

She has both undergrad, and grad degrees, and been teaching now for over 16 years. The teaching certification process in Wisconsin is pretty stiff, and we are really having troubles getting the University to provide a "course description" of the cirriculum and sylabus information. She has made her way to the department chair at her university, and still we are hearing "We just don't do that" or "we don't have that". It is the usual Ukrainian or FSU run around that is so common in their institutions over there.

If anyone has an idea (Former FSU immigrants) please post or drop me a PM.

IR-5

11/01/2011: I-130 Submitted

11/04/2012: I-130 NOA1

04/19/2012: I-130 NOA2

05/04/2012: NVC Received

05/27/2012: Received I-864/DS 3032 Package

05/28/2012: Pay I-864 Bill

05/29/2012: Submit DS 3032/I-864

06/05/2012: Receive IV Bill online

06/05/2012: IV Bill Paid

06/06/2012: Payment Accepted

06/07/2012: IV Packet Mailed (Additional documents sent next day on 06/08/2012)

08/28/2012: Interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.