EegyptA

getting depressed......why does everything bad happen to us...in egypt hell

31 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

we were one of the ones that had a extended delay from noa1 to noa2, it took 8 months to get that approval.....now we are in limbo with this horrific mess in egypt!.....it took us weeks to get dhl to deliver packet 3 to the embassy due to the closings and now people are saying 6+ months for an interview date!.....then we haven't even gotten to the AP that everyone gets in cairo! OMG.....i don't even know if im asking a question or whining like a baby i'm so completely stressed out and depressed over this.....,my life is in limbo.....when we first started this process we thought it would take 1 year to a year and a half...but at this point it looks like its going to take 3 years!........these government people don't care they are playing with our lives...they give no answer for anything......now at this point i can't even go to egypt to visit him!...its been one year since i seen him last and now i can't even go! cuz the depart of state has deffered all americans from going to egypt and has requested all americans out of egypt like 3 times now!!! i beat myself up daily wishing i would have went back in march or april before all this ####### happened but everyone said wait u just got approved the rest will go fast.......unless ur fiance is in egypt! and the country is going to !...why dont we qualify for expedites???? if i can't even go to egypt and visit him that alone should qualify for an expedite!!!....... .i'm just so frustrated and can't move forward or plan anything in my life crying.gifcrying.gifcrying.gifcrying.gifranting33va.gifranting33va.gifranting33va.gifranting33va.gifcrying.gifcrying.gifcrying.gifcrying.gifcrying.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

They are suggesting Americans not to go to Egypt or they are not allowing it? Look life is too short to depressed about this. Get up and take action (if you can). Go to Egypt and be with him, trust me school or work can come later. You guys miss each other and it seems like your case isn't going too far right now. Be together and stress out but stress out together. We American citizen can go almost anywhere so save some money and take a flight to him!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Your allowed to come to Egypt but they advice you not to, Don't worry its not very unsafe like they show it on Tv.I promise you that the economy crisis and prices going high are the most things that we feel right now.Clashes and shooting is always by the demonstrations which you must stay away from.Come to Egypt.If you think that you been waiting for too long, We have been waiting for longer..Its been 4 years and am still in AP..be patient...things are getting better.

Beautiful patience.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I hear you!! I haven't even filed anything yet but seeing all the closures and delays just makes me want to cry because at present the wait seems endless.

They will allow anyone in, however, if you want to visit. I went to Egypt during one of those 'no travel advised' times and no one stopped me at the airport or anything. I would not go now, though. I hear other people talking about requesting their case be sent to another embassy...I don't know much about that but I saw it in the forums.

**Adjusting from initial Q1/changed to B1 then overstay, termination of removal proceedings**

(STAND ALONE i-130/TERMINATION OF REMOVAL)

First met: Totally random by asking for directions, June 2014 while on vacation at Disney World (L)

Engaged: Aug. 21, 2014

Married: Dec. 1, 2014

ICE phone contact: sometime in early Dec. 2014- Co-operated, retained attorney who advised the same.

Filed stand alone i-130: January 2015 (VSC)

ICE home visit, schedule time to go to DHS office and NTA issued, date TBD, was not detained and released on own recognizance within an hour: January, 2015.

NOA1: Feb. 20, 2015.

Transfer to CSC to balance workloads: August 2015

1)First Master Calendar Hearing: Sept. 9, 2015-Continued based on pending i-130, new court date in 6mo.

Congressional Inquiry: Dec 8. 2015

***i-130 APPROVED WITHOUT INTERVIEW: Dec. 21, 2015** :dancing:

2)Second Master Hearing: March 9, 2016- Removal proceedings terminated w/o prejudice based on approved i-130!! Remanded to USCIS to begin AOS process :dance:

(AOS AFTER TERMINATION)

Filed AOS packet: March 16, 2016.

NOA1: March 21, 2016.

Biometrics: April 20, 2016.

RFE Initial evidence: April 21, 2016 for birth cert/translation and Q1/B1 i94s

RFE response received: May 10, 2016.

EAD approval: May 25, 2016- Card arrived at attorney's office! Could not pick up until May 30 because we were at Disney World again :):D

Notice of missing medical exam: July 2016 (Done on purpose to avoid expiration, we will bring it to the interview as stated in notice)

Inquiry about case status: Sept 2016- Case pending interview at local office.

Inquiry about case status again: Oct. 2016- Due to factors not related to your case, anticipate a delay in processing

HAPPY 2YR ANNIVERSARY TO US!!

Infopass #1 at local office: Dec. 19, 2016- Case pending background/security checks, advised when to renew EAD #2

Waiting on interview at local office...... :clock:

Sent EAD renewal: Feb 10, 2016

EAD#2 NOA1: March 3, 2016

INTERVIEW SCHEDULED!!: interview on March 27, 2017

Text notification, new card being produced: March 29, 2017!!!

*~*~*~*818 DAYS TOTAL*~*~*~

"A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor."

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K-1 Process to MENA Regional forum~

~Commentary is not directly K-1 Process/Procedure-related~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

The timelines go up and down. When we first applied, the estimated wait time for NOA2 was almost a year and half. By the time they got to our case, it had move back down to 6 months. It goes back and forth. I think this happens with the embassies too. You can still visit Egypt, its just not recommended by the government. My boyfriend tells me all the time its not as bad as the media makes it seem. Not every spot, in every city is in an uproar. I'm in the same situation. I haven't seen my boyfriend in almost a year and a half, but I still hopeful everything will keep moving. All this stuff was happening in Egypt back in 2011, and eventually things calmed down and the process started moving again. Keep your chin up! It could be worse.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I can only imagine how stressful this is for you. This is an emotional process even when things go smoothly - but when something like this happens it leaves everything unsettled. Maybe check with your husband to see if he feels it is safe in the area where he lives and then just go to see him. It will make you feel better. The situation will still be there - but at least you will have some time together. I personally do not know anyone in Egpyt so I could not say if it is safe or not - but your husband will know. Good luck and remember this is just a temporary setback - things will get better.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

For me, I have always ignored State Department travel warnings. I read the news and I talk to locals instead. Yemen is a lot more dangerous for foreigners than Egypt, despite the clashes going on, and I've still sauntered in and out without any problems (thank God). Cairo is volatile right now, though it looks like the military will crush the protesters into submission for a little while until they can regroup. You and your husband should do some real research to determine if visiting now is a risk worth taking. Every decision in life has risks, remember.

Believe me I understand exactly what you are going through. My life is in limbo too and I don't even have an NOA2 in sight. USCIS sent me a letter responding to my service request that all petitions for Yemeni national beneficiaries are on hold. Who knows how long I'll be waiting for a resolution. So remember it could always be worse!! My fiance is now at the point where he's talking about trying to get a promotion at work that will transfer him to an office in Europe so we can live there instead (doesn't appeal to me really - what would I do for work there? unsure.png ). But I understand that this limbo isn't forever. It's the not knowing when it will end that is hard. We will all find resolution at some point. Life throws different challenges at all of us, but if we are determined and strong in our convictions we will overcome.

"If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello."

- Paulo Coelho

Timeline

I know what you feel but I been married more than 3 years and together more than 5 years. I petitioned my husband December 5th 2011 it took 8 months to approve it, 5 months to get a interview and now 5 months 2 days and still AP.Ayman wants me to come there to Egypt but we are both thinking about it. I am lost completelycrying.gif

VMnmm7.pngrSeTm7.png

Timeline

I completely understand your frustration. If it makes you feel any better, YOU'RE NOT ALONE. I was also one of those people with a long wait between NoA1 and NOA2. It took us nearly 7 months. And then one whole month for it to make it's way to NVC. And 3 months for the interview. And now another 3 months at AP and it's not over yet! I hate it. We all hate it. But we gotta stay strong. Good luck to you!!!

Timeline

I hear ya-- I can't travel for a long while either due to life circumstances- possibly by Xmas. We're in for the long indefinite painful experience-- would that I could pick up and move, I would do so in a heartbeat to be with him.

RFQ [uSA] & SIMA [EGYPT]
Sima Applies for B2: 12/2012
5yr B2 approved: 02/2012
Married: 03/09/2012
NAO1: 04/25/2012
NAO2: 07/26/2012
8/8/2012: NVC Case Received
NVC #: 8/29/2012

1/24/13: AoS and 230 accepted
01/31/13: Rec'd checklist (expectedly)
02/14/13: Item @ NVC

CASE COMPLETE: 2/24/13
03/15/13: Interview date received
03/17/13: Medical
INTERVIEW: 4/03/13
"Approved Pending AP"
11/07/2013: Request for Updated Documents (via Egyptian consulate AP page)

12/20/2013: Request for return of Passport to Embassy (phone call)
01/13/2014: Passport returned to embassy

01/15/2014: Status Changed (CEAC) Visa Printed
VISA RECEIVED: 1/17/14 dancin5hr.gif

POE: JFK on 3/12/14 CLEARED!
Baby1 1/2015 Baby2 8/2106 isA

2016 Beginning naturalization process later this year, isA

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

We're here with you. We just sent our packet 3 to the embassy, no word yet on whether they have received it but I'm not hopeful that they will anytime soon considering the OP's experience with DHL...

I think I could be more patient but I'm genuinely worried about my fiancé. I realize that its relatively safe in most parts (especially where my fiancé lives) but it just takes one moment of being in the wrong place at the wrong time or accidently catching the hateful eye of some crazy extremist who despises your humanity.

I was planning on going to Egypt in October for an extended time to wait out the rest of the process with him... however, now my parents are dead set against that and so is my fiancé. He won't let me come if things don't change for the better.

We met when Heather travelled to Egypt to be an au pair!

Our K1 Visa Journey:

12/19/12- NOA1 -VSC

--- moved to "another office" 5/24/13

--- moved to "local office" 5/29/13

--- "is now being processed at a USCIS office" 5/30/13 ... what??

5/30/13- Transfer to TSC

6/18/13- NOA2

7/16/13- NVC Assigned Case #

7/29/13- Case Arrived at Embassy

7/31/13- Packet 3 Received (completed and sent back in 5 days)

1/16/14- Interview Assigned

1/21/14- Interview

2/03/14- Visa Issued!!

4/09/14- Entry into America (JFK)

4/23/14- MARRIED in local courthouse

4/29/14- AoS packet completed and mailed

5/02/14- NoA for AoS received

5/09/14- Biometrics Appointment Notice Received

6/04/14- Biometrics Appointment

7/30/14- EAD/AP Combo Card Received in Mail

Need help with your visa but don't want to pay expensive legal fees? Take an online course --> www.myvisaclassroom.com

Timeline

I WANT TO SCREAM & CRY WITH YOU TOO.

I just filed ONLY for the first part of the petition for my husband to come here from Egypt. Been there twice to see him, we miss each other dearly & i feel that this situation is ONLY going to get harder with all the KHARRA BUSINESS going on in Egypt. We've came up with a plan, since im sick of going there, and hes sick of the BS going on over there.. We've decided to save money and meet in MALAYSIA. The airfare is inexpensive (imo) Egyptian citizens don't need a tourist visa to malaysia UNLESS they plan on staying more than 90 days. My family tells me, why don't i save money for when he comes here & for the petition etc etc?

ONLY GOD... ONLY GOD KNOWS WHEN HE WILL COME HERE!! SO MIGHT AS WELL SPEND THAT MONEY AND VACATION IN MALAYSIA dancin5hr.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I WANT TO SCREAM & CRY WITH YOU TOO.

I just filed ONLY for the first part of the petition for my husband to come here from Egypt. Been there twice to see him, we miss each other dearly & i feel that this situation is ONLY going to get harder with all the KHARRA BUSINESS going on in Egypt. We've came up with a plan, since im sick of going there, and hes sick of the BS going on over there.. We've decided to save money and meet in MALAYSIA. The airfare is inexpensive (imo) Egyptian citizens don't need a tourist visa to malaysia UNLESS they plan on staying more than 90 days. My family tells me, why don't i save money for when he comes here & for the petition etc etc?

ONLY GOD... ONLY GOD KNOWS WHEN HE WILL COME HERE!! SO MIGHT AS WELL SPEND THAT MONEY AND VACATION IN MALAYSIA dancin5hr.gif

Malaysia is a very beautiful place.. We went there on our honeymoon :)... Just don't get ripped off by the locals!!

My parents say the same thing.. Don't go visit him just wait save the money for when he comes. Obviously easier said than done. Going on 8 months without hubby :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.