J&D2012

August 2013 AOS Filers

150 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

I saw this thread and had to leave an encouraging comment. Good luck and best wishes for all of you that filed your AOS paperwork in August 2013.good.gif Pat yourselves on the back for successfully coming to this country and then submitting another mountain of paper, documents, and a wad o' cash in order to become Permanent Residents.good.gif

I cannot believe that it has been over one year since we initially filed out the AOS paperwork in August 2012. My wife and stepson received their Green Cards right after Thanksgiving 2012. Hopefully your Green Cards will arrive soon.smile.png The 21-month vacation away from USCIS is wonderful. You will get your chance soon. star_smile.gif

Hang in there. We are all just walking along our immigration journey. yes.gif

Thank you :-) !

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Congratulations! :)

Does anybody know why Processing Times for National Benefits Center page doesn't list I-485? https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processingTimesDisplay.do

Timeline

Congratulations! smile.png

Does anybody know why Processing Times for National Benefits Center page doesn't list I-485? https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processingTimesDisplay.do

Yes,thats my question too.....they dont list I-485

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

I received notification that my green card was mailed today :)

We had our interview in Baltimore exactly one week ago. Just a tip to people, if you move out of state before the interview, make sure you call USCIS to confirm your interview - a few days before our interview i submitted a change of address form - moved from MD to DC, and the interviewer said we might have to do a second interview in DC since it changed jurisdictions. When we left we didn't know whether we would have to do this second interview or not - somehow she managed to approve us, but probably best to check first if you are in a similar situation!

Good luck everyone!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Wich service center was your pettition in?

Detroit michigan it ended up last

Adjustment of status after K1 visa ClockWatch2.gif

2013-08-12 (Day 1 ) - Sent my Aos package for work permit and green Card

2013-08-20 (DAY 8) Noa1 received via Text around 11pm, next day was email. Received my case numbers

2013-08-23 (Day 11)- received hard copy in mail for Noa1 gc , Work permit

2013-08-30 (Day 18) Received Biometrics appointment letter in the mail.

2013-09-17 (Day 25) biometrics appointment day @2pm Detriot

2013-09-25 (Day 33) received text and email , I485 changed to testing and interview

2013-10-02 (Day 40) received text message and email @7am about my interview date

2013-10-04 (Day 42) Received hard copy interview letter in the mail

2013-10-10 (Day 48) Work permit Card in production

2013-10-16 (Day 54) 2nd Text and email @830am Work permit in Production

2013-10-21 (Day 59) text/email notice 10am . Work Permit sent

2013-10-21(Day 59)Text/ email @9pm received text with tracking number -2 day delievery

2013-10-24(Day 62) received my work permit in the mail.

2013-10-25 Filled for my Social Security number today

2013-11-05 (Day 74) Interview November 5th (1.40pm)...... APPROVED!! kicking.gif

2013-11-05(Day 74) Text and Email - Green card in Production @2.30pm

2013-11-05 (Day 74) Text and email @8.15pm Mailed notice that i am a registered permanent resident

2013-11-07 (Day 76) 2nd Text and email @11.30am - green card in production

2013-11-09 (Day 78) Welcome letter received - WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!

2013-11-12 (Day 81) - Received text and email - Green card sent @1.15pm

2013-11-12 (Day 81) @9pm received text and email - with UPS tracking number - For Green card

2013-11-15 (Day 84) Green card Received dancin5hr.gif

event.png

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

Today I received NOA for my I-130 and I-485, which stated it was approved. My green card will be arriving on this Saturday ;D

We had our interview in San Bernardino, California on Nov. 15th. I just want to give a tip for people who will have interview soon. My husband's parents were immigrated from middle eastern country (my husband was born and raised in the US and they are all US Citizen for many years.), and the officer at the interview checked his ID really carefully... I think it's because we didn't bring his ORIGINAL birth certificate (I thought US passport and his driver's license would be good enough to prove his ID...WRONG) I don't want to think that the officer did it because of my husband race/ethnicity, but it could be the case...

So please bring ALL the original document including your US citizen partner's identification to the interview.

Good luck, everyone!

05/27/2013 Entered the US

06/28/2013 Got married heart.gif

8/19/2013 Submitted I-130, I-485 and I-765

9/20/2013 Biometrics Appointment

11/02/2013 Got EAD card

11/15/2013 GC Interview (Approved!)good.gif

Interview this morning in NYC.

Officer said he would approve us later today. And got USCIS alert by the time we got home that my card was in production !!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Hey everyone my husband filed in August and got his EAD October 16th. Ever since then nothing has changed it has been on initial review. Should I be worried and call? Or is this normal time?

I'm in a very similar situation.

Please fill out your timeline. It will be easier for others on the forum to relate to your process time flow ;)

Hey everyone, just thought i'd provide an update to others who have filed in august and not heard anything etc. I got a letter for a possible interview waiver on the 17th November and saying there could be a 6 month delay due to the high volume of applications. My status is still on acceptance with the website. Hoping it won't be a 6 month wait but at least I heard something from them. Anyway good luck everyone on our continued immigration journey!

Timeline

Hey everyone, just thought i'd provide an update to others who have filed in august and not heard anything etc. I got a letter for a possible interview waiver on the 17th November and saying there could be a 6 month delay due to the high volume of applications. My status is still on acceptance with the website. Hoping it won't be a 6 month wait but at least I heard something from them. Anyway good luck everyone on our continued immigration journey!

I've got the same letter yesterday and really hope that it wont be 6 months,its so frustrating.....my status stays RFE Response Review since September....I hope there will be some news soon,why not for a New Year Gift from USCIS (fingers crossed) .....Good Luck to everyone on this journey!!!

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I just got a call from my old landlord and she said I had mail since November 8th and it was an interview waiver !!! YAY im happy smile.png GOOD lUCK EVERYONEE!!

that means it will take longer for u to get your GC,

Adjustment of status after K1 visa ClockWatch2.gif

2013-08-12 (Day 1 ) - Sent my Aos package for work permit and green Card

2013-08-20 (DAY 8) Noa1 received via Text around 11pm, next day was email. Received my case numbers

2013-08-23 (Day 11)- received hard copy in mail for Noa1 gc , Work permit

2013-08-30 (Day 18) Received Biometrics appointment letter in the mail.

2013-09-17 (Day 25) biometrics appointment day @2pm Detriot

2013-09-25 (Day 33) received text and email , I485 changed to testing and interview

2013-10-02 (Day 40) received text message and email @7am about my interview date

2013-10-04 (Day 42) Received hard copy interview letter in the mail

2013-10-10 (Day 48) Work permit Card in production

2013-10-16 (Day 54) 2nd Text and email @830am Work permit in Production

2013-10-21 (Day 59) text/email notice 10am . Work Permit sent

2013-10-21(Day 59)Text/ email @9pm received text with tracking number -2 day delievery

2013-10-24(Day 62) received my work permit in the mail.

2013-10-25 Filled for my Social Security number today

2013-11-05 (Day 74) Interview November 5th (1.40pm)...... APPROVED!! kicking.gif

2013-11-05(Day 74) Text and Email - Green card in Production @2.30pm

2013-11-05 (Day 74) Text and email @8.15pm Mailed notice that i am a registered permanent resident

2013-11-07 (Day 76) 2nd Text and email @11.30am - green card in production

2013-11-09 (Day 78) Welcome letter received - WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!

2013-11-12 (Day 81) - Received text and email - Green card sent @1.15pm

2013-11-12 (Day 81) @9pm received text and email - with UPS tracking number - For Green card

2013-11-15 (Day 84) Green card Received dancin5hr.gif

event.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.