Shortie81

Which is harder??

Which is harder?  

126 members have voted

1. 1. What is harder for you

• Distance From Your Loved One
    • Waiting and Having Patience for Papers

60 posts in this topic

Which is harder to deal with.....The distance between you and your loved one :crying: or Waiting and having enough Patience to deal with the extremely long wait? :angry:

:huh: For me it is having both.....because i don't have enough patience to sit back and just wait...I am always looking for ways to speed up the process....especially since i am leaving for Iraq in a couple of month. Then the distance because I hate living in this big house with me and my cat alone. Not really doing anything because i need to save all the money i can get to pay for these ridiculous outragous fees for every little thing. ;)

USCIS California

29 Aug 05 - Mailed I-130 to TSC (Day 1)

20 Sept 05 - Received I-797 Notice of Action from CSC with Processing date 14 Sept 05 (Day 24)

3 Feb 06 - I-130 Approved (Day 161)

8 Feb 06 - Received I-797 NOA of Approval in mail (Day 166)

National Visa Center

21 Feb 06 - Case # Assigned (Day 179)

25 Feb 06 - Received AOS bill & DS-3032

27 Feb 06 - Mailed DS-3032 back to NVC (fedex from Phils)

27 Feb 06 - Mailed AOS bill with payment back to NVC (overnight)

03 Mar 06 - AOS Bill Payment Updated in NVC system

28 Feb 06 - NVC received AOS payment

02 Mar 06 - NVC received DS-3032 Form

03 Mar 06 - AOS bill payment updated in NVC system

08 Mar 06 - DS-3032 updated in NVC system

16 Mar 06 - Received I-864 package (mailed next day overnight)

18 Mar 06 - NVC received I-864 package back

20 Mar 06 - IV Bill generated and mailed

25 Mar 06 - Received IV Bill

27 Mar 06 - IV Bill Mailed (overnight)

13 Apr 06 - DS-230 Received

14 Apr 06 - DS-230 Mailed (overnight)

27 Apr 06 - Received RFE

28 Apr 06 - Mailed RFE (overnight)

04 May 06 - CASE COMPLETE

11 May 06 - CASE FORWARDED TO EMBASSY IN MANILA

28 May 06 - Packet 4 Received

07 Jun 06 - INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VISA APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!

10 Jun 06 - Text from Delbros to deliever the visa

14 Jun 06 - VISA IN HAND

14 Jun 06 - Leaving for Orlando

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Both waiting and being apart are difficult. We used to live even further apart than we do now. He was in NY and I'm on the west coast of Canada. Now we're on the same coast but still different countries and see eachother every 2+ wks if possible. We've been together almost four years and in my opinion, you never get used to it and it never gets any easier. Now we're just about to send package 3 and the checklist back to NVC and then the wait begins for the interview date and with Montreal it could still be many months from now. I'm almost all out of patience at this point. I'm sure my poor husband is tired of hearing me whine lol. Hope everyone is reunited with their loved ones quickly :)

Days until our 3rd Wedding Anniversary[br].png

UMjx.jpg.png

Kim(Canada)Lee(WA)

Met online June 14/02

Spent an incredible week together in BC Aug 23/02

I went to NY to see my sweetie and meet his family Oct/02

Spent our first Xmas together Dec 24/02

He proposed!!! Dec 26/02

He visits for a week after 5 long months apart May/03

Lee moves from NJ to WA state to be closer to me Oct 29/03

We got married!!! Feb 28/04

Our son Ethan was born!!! Aug 17/04

Got our visas Aug 1/06 !!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

To me, it's hands down, no contest....................patience.

Because the distance can always be overcome. You can at least do somethings in that regards, by simplying buying a plane ticket and visiting. I know it's not something you can do so often, but still....the point is you can at least do something about it.

But , the waiting etc.......is much more frustrating, because there is nothing you can do to speed up the process. You are basically at their mercy, and the outcome is left up to them.

That makes it all the more nerve wracking and frustrating....because it is out of your control, whereas the distance, is not necessarily so.

April 16, 2004 Married in Saint Augustine, Florida.

March 7, 2005 Wife left for Istanbul to serve J-1 2 year HRR. Was a very bad day at Black Rock.

May 23, 2006 USCIS receives application for I-130

June 12, 2006 Noa1

Sept 7, 2006 Noa2 I-130 approved

Oct 10 ,2006 Received fee bill from NVC

Nov 13 ,2006 Received Packet 2 DS-230

Jan 4, 2007 Mailed Packet 2 to NVC

Jan 22, 2007 RFE from NVC aaarrrrgggghhh!!!!!!!!

Feb 28, 2007 NVC received "checklist" response and original documents for the RFE

March 13, 2007 Case completed at NVC! Whoooohoooo!! Ankara, here we come!!!!

March 15, 2007 Case fowarded to Ankara Embassy

April 4, 2007 Interview. Wife gets handed the little green paper. Not good. Need to submit a few more things.

April 9, 2007 Items mailed back to Embassy. Crossing fingers, rubbing the "rabbit's foot", etc,..that this may FINALLY be the end.

April 14, 2007 Visa delivered! Wife is finally going to be on her way back home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 20, 2007 Wife enters through JFK. The days of grabbing my dinners at the WalMart deli....are now officially over!!!

Stay tuned to this channel for further updates..........

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Distance being the worst... but they are both difficult!!

Tho' lovers be lost, love shall not... and death shall have NO dominion!

http://www.geocities.com/pulpi33/A1.htm

114959908992789.gif

The will of God will never take you,

to where the grace of God will not protect you.

Because the distance can always be overcome. You can at least do somethings in that regards, by simplying buying a plane ticket and visiting. I know it's not something you can do so often, but still....the point is you can at least do something about it.

But , the waiting etc.......is much more frustrating, because there is nothing you can do to speed up the process. You are basically at their mercy, and the outcome is left up to them.

That makes it all the more nerve wracking and frustrating....because it is out of your control, whereas the distance, is not necessarily so.

I do have to agree with you on that. My situation is just a little different. I am in the military and i just can't pick up any time i feel the need to and go visit my loved one. I have to plan it months in advance and sit a pray that nothing happens to where i have to cancel or reschedule my flight. Then the tickets are so expensive to fly overseas.

USCIS California

20 Sept 05 - Received I-797 Notice of Action from CSC with Processing date 14 Sept 05 (Day 24)

National Visa Center

27 Apr 06 - Received RFE

14 Jun 06 - VISA IN HAND

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

I think it depends on where you are in your visa journey. Right now we have been waiting for the interview for six monthis since our case was complete. For me it is patience at this point. Distance is very hard, but patience is harder because there is nothing I can do. With distance I can hop on a plane and go see him when I fee like I can't take it anymore. I also know that in the summer I will see him wether he is here or I go to him. With patience, nothing is in my hands and I don't know why It's taking so long. I have been real busy with work and school ... but every free seceond I have I am thinking of my husband and the visa.

Reunited and it feels so good ....

NOA #1 - March 23rd, 2004

Interview- May 18th, 2006 (Success !)

Arrived in the US - May 27, 2006 (our IR-1 visa journey was 2 years and 2 months long)

Wedding - June 17th, 2006

It's a Girl ! Baby Hana's expected due date - March 30th, 2007

591088.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Right now I have to say patience. We had interivew and are on hold with AP. I have kids so just cannot travel and that means I have to patiently wait this process out. But I have to agree with Lynne both are difficult.

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

both are equally stressful & painful.. bcos of the process you have to bear the distance you hv less choice

PARENTS JOURNEY

Dec 10 - sent I130 for Mom & Dad

Jan- Recd NOA1

Feb- Recd RFE for missing BC

Mar- Recd RFE for missing BC

Apr- NOA2 Case approved

May- NVC case #

May- paid $88 AOS FEE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I do have to agree with you on that. My situation is just a little different. I am in the military and i just can't pick up any time i feel the need to and go visit my loved one. I have to plan it months in advance and sit a pray that nothing happens to where i have to cancel or reschedule my flight. Then the tickets are so expensive to fly overseas.

maybe u can try to get stationed in philipiness....i know the US military has a lot of posts over there. my husband is in the military too and being a military spouse has made my visa process much faster. we statrted at mid oct last year and now my interview is at march31, so maybe u can have a way to push it much faster and less waiting. GOOD LUCK!!!

maybe u can try to get stationed in philipiness....i know the US military has a lot of posts over there. my husband is in the military too and being a military spouse has made my visa process much faster. we statrted at mid oct last year and now my interview is at march31, so maybe u can have a way to push it much faster and less waiting. GOOD LUCK!!!

I wish it was that easy but the only problem is that the only Air Force that there WAS, is now closed down. Otherwise I would be there already. but it is not that easy for me. I think my patience is running really thin and talking on the phone and yahoo messenger is not really helping me out that much

USCIS California

National Visa Center

27 Apr 06 - Received RFE

14 Jun 06 - VISA IN HAND

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

To me, the hardest thing is the distance... I am in Tennessee, and she is in Moscow...I was able to visit her last year, and she has came twice to visit me.

We used to use a prepaid calling card every weekend, which was OK... but not the best connection. This past Christmas I was able to get her a new laptop, and her and her roomate found a decent internet provider... so we found "Skype" and found we could talk for free (I highly recommend it)(the sound quality is great!!!!) Then we tried "webcams" and we can talk and see each other everyday...

NOW the bad thing is... when you SEE each other, it drives you crazy that you can't touch each other!!!!

But it could be worse, HUH???

I just miss her SO MUCH!!!!

To me, the hardest thing is the distance... I am in Tennessee, and she is in Moscow...I was able to visit her last year, and she has came twice to visit me.

We used to use a prepaid calling card every weekend, which was OK... but not the best connection. This past Christmas I was able to get her a new laptop, and her and her roomate found a decent internet provider... so we found "Skype" and found we could talk for free (I highly recommend it)(the sound quality is great!!!!) Then we tried "webcams" and we can talk and see each other everyday...

NOW the bad thing is... when you SEE each other, it drives you crazy that you can't touch each other!!!!

But it could be worse, HUH???

I just miss her SO MUCH!!!!

You say that she has came to see you? How did you make that happen?

USCIS California

National Visa Center

27 Apr 06 - Received RFE

14 Jun 06 - VISA IN HAND

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

for me, it was the distance. for him, definitely patience!

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.