Saylin

NVC Filers - August 2013

493 posts in this topic

Ok, I will, I can call, I will be checking, I think that helps... smile.png Or at least comforts me that I am doing something. smile.png

Yeah, besides keeping as up to date as possible, calling made me feel like I was doing something ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi i have a question.. I got the Checklist for AOS? how long they gonna review it?

any idea?

thanks

Timeline for my Mother

April 19, 2013 - submit the form I-130

April 22, 2013 - Receive the NOA1

July 29, 2013 - Approved NOA2 ( 82 working days)

July 30, 2013 - USCIS shipped my documents to NVC

Aug 5, 2013 - Arrived at NVC Building

Aug 13, 2013 - Got the NVC case # via PHONE

Aug 14, 2013 - Got the Invoice # via PHONE

Aug 15, 2013 - Send my DS-3032 via Email

Aug 16, 2013 - AOS Pay

Aug 17, 2013 - Got an email to print the COVER SHEET

Aug 21, 2013 - send the AOS overnight at NVC

Aug 28, 2013 - Accept the DS-3032

Aug 30, 2013 - IV BILL pay and Documents Sent to NVC receive the checklist AOS.

September 19, 2013 Sent back the checklist

September 20, 2013 Sept 26, arrived @ NVC

Sept 30,2013 - already encode to their system

ADVANCE MEDICAL @ St. Luke - SEPTEMBER 23, 2013

CASE COMPLETE AS OF TODAY : OCTOBER 23,2013

NOVEMBER 1 , 2013 -Documents left at NVC - Your case is in transit to the Consular Section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center

NOVEMBER 4, 2013 Delivered - Signed for by : CEZAR NARTEA

NOVEMBER 5, 2013 - CEAC Case Creation Date: 13-Aug-2013 Status Updated Date: 05-Nov-2013 Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have received interview scheduling instructions.

DECEMBER 09, 2013 INTERVIEW DATE FOR MY MOTHER ( scheduled by NVC)

RESCHEDULED ONLINE for my mother interview early, NOVEMBER 18, 2013 - PASSED THE INTERVIEW!!!

11-18-2013 ceac -AP

11-20-2013 ceac - READY

11-21-2013 ceac - ISSUED

11-25-2013 -2go -- transit

11-26-2013 - VISA ON HAND

12-05-2013 - scheduled fly to USA.

Hi i have a question.. I got the Checklist for AOS? how long they gonna review it?

any idea?

thanks

Depends on their backlog, which constantly changes. Could be anywhere from 1-3 weeks (or even more) once they receive it.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

okey thank u so much :-)

Timeline for my Mother

April 19, 2013 - submit the form I-130

April 22, 2013 - Receive the NOA1

July 29, 2013 - Approved NOA2 ( 82 working days)

July 30, 2013 - USCIS shipped my documents to NVC

Aug 5, 2013 - Arrived at NVC Building

Aug 13, 2013 - Got the NVC case # via PHONE

Aug 14, 2013 - Got the Invoice # via PHONE

Aug 15, 2013 - Send my DS-3032 via Email

Aug 16, 2013 - AOS Pay

Aug 17, 2013 - Got an email to print the COVER SHEET

Aug 21, 2013 - send the AOS overnight at NVC

Aug 28, 2013 - Accept the DS-3032

Aug 30, 2013 - IV BILL pay and Documents Sent to NVC receive the checklist AOS.

September 19, 2013 Sent back the checklist

September 20, 2013 Sept 26, arrived @ NVC

Sept 30,2013 - already encode to their system

ADVANCE MEDICAL @ St. Luke - SEPTEMBER 23, 2013

CASE COMPLETE AS OF TODAY : OCTOBER 23,2013

NOVEMBER 1 , 2013 -Documents left at NVC - Your case is in transit to the Consular Section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center

NOVEMBER 4, 2013 Delivered - Signed for by : CEZAR NARTEA

NOVEMBER 5, 2013 - CEAC Case Creation Date: 13-Aug-2013 Status Updated Date: 05-Nov-2013 Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have received interview scheduling instructions.

DECEMBER 09, 2013 INTERVIEW DATE FOR MY MOTHER ( scheduled by NVC)

RESCHEDULED ONLINE for my mother interview early, NOVEMBER 18, 2013 - PASSED THE INTERVIEW!!!

11-18-2013 ceac -AP

11-20-2013 ceac - READY

11-21-2013 ceac - ISSUED

11-25-2013 -2go -- transit

11-26-2013 - VISA ON HAND

12-05-2013 - scheduled fly to USA.

• 3 weeks later...

Upon suggestion of a VJ member (thanks foobaz123), I have created a FAQ of the most common questions I see here on VJ concerning the NVC process. If you know of a common question that isn't mentioned here, please inform me through a reply in this thread or PM me. I'd be more than happy to include it here.

Hi Saylin and hello everyone!

I have gone through the FAQ's and think that there may be a question you can include in this, which I also need answers to. You have discussed this briefly on the FAQ's but I just want to clarify a few things,

Since September 1, 2013, we had been required to comply to online DS261 and DS260. Even then, I still sent my DS3032 and DS230 by mail, not knowing what instructions to follow or confused what to do.

Question: When having filled out online forms DS261 and DS260 online, and still have sent the hard copies DS3032 and DS230--will it affect my visa application in any way? Will it cause delay? Having sent both, which ones will NVC honor?

It's been almost 2 weeks since I have done DS260 online, and sent DS230...up until now my case is not yet complete. Could I have done something wrong?

Edited by RedPepper

Hi Saylin and hello everyone!

I have gone through the FAQ's and think that there may be a question you can include in this, which I also need answers to. You have discussed this briefly on the FAQ's but I just want to clarify a few things,

Since September 1, 2013, we had been required to comply to online DS261 and DS260. Even then, I still sent my DS3032 and DS230 by mail, not knowing what instructions to follow or confused what to do.

Question: When having filled out online forms DS261 and DS260 online, and still have sent the hard copies DS3032 and DS230--will it affect my visa application in any way? Will it cause delay? Having sent both, which ones will NVC honor?

It's been almost 2 weeks since I have done DS260 online, and sent DS230...up until now my case is not yet complete. Could I have done something wrong?

You should come to the October thread. This thread is old, and before the DS-261/DS-260 was required by everyone. I added a few new items to the FAQ in relation to the new process.

Since it's been a month and a half since the new policy took effect, NVC won't review any DS-3032s/DS-230s sent in. They're only accepting DS-261s/DS-260s now. Have you called NVC to see what the status of your case is?

Thanks Saylin! Apparently I am lost in the threads--someone told me i should try september and october filers but i don't seem to share a similar timeline with them. Mine's either delayed or too advanced in some threads--I do not know where I belong. Lol

Still continuously reading, exploring and discovering. Thanks for your help, support and advice anyway. Will look further into the october threads. I missed some discussions there, maybe I should dig deeper. Still getting the hang of the website tools and my way around VJ.

And hey? Really appreciate what you guys are doing here! These forums are a lot of help!!! Thank you again. See you around!

We always move each month to the current month, no matter when you started at NVC. So, since it's currently October, everyone's in October. It's not like the I-130 filer groups where everyone stays in the same group. We're movers ;)

And glad you enjoy the forums! I definitely did during my initial visa process and my recently completed ROC process :)

Oh I seeeee! So that's the secret! Hahaha! Funny how lost I was.

I did call NVC yesterday considering my time here (that's technically very early this morning in EST terms), and geez I didn't know it was Columbus day! I should have also been aware of US Holidays, too! Now, I know, when calling NVC from abroad, I should also be aware of holidays! hehehe! Will call them again later.

Now off to the October threads. wink.png

Thanks again Saylin!

Edited by RedPepper

Oh I seeeee! So that's the secret! Hahaha! Funny how lost I was.

I did call NVC yesterday, and geez I didn't know it was Columbus day! I should have also been aware of US Holidays, too! Now, I know, when calling NVC from abroad, I should also be aware of holidays! hehehe! Will call them again later.

Now off to the October threads. wink.png

Thanks again Saylin!

Don't worry, you're not the only one to not know this secret ;)laughing.gif

Yup, federal holidays are fun. Too bad I wasn't paid time and a half for working today though headbonk.gif

I'll see ya in the October threads!

• 3 months later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

LOL you didn't say "promise", I see! but I do hope you are correct!

hi , am from algeria my case completed on 24 december but still waiting for my interview email , i call nvc like 3 times but they say just wait

hi , am from algeria my case completed on 24 december but still waiting for my interview email , i call nvc like 3 times but they say just wait

This is an old thread. The current one is January, located here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/472916-nvc-filers-january-2014/

And since you have a case complete, you should join this thread with others also waiting on an interview date: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/472919-february-2014-interviews/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.