68 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

These are the items I sent and what my fiance also brought to interview.

Pictures from March 2011, July 2011, Dec. 2011, July 2012, Jan. 2013 (about 60 total)

Cell phone records from 2010 til now about 2 sheets from each month iwth his number highlighted

Our relationship history

Copies of all passport pages

Birth certificate with my name on it for his son whom I have adopted

Bank account in Ghana with both our names

Papers from ownership of a Taxi we own together in Ghana

Records of money sent to him in Ghana from my account to OUR joint account

and of course all items required for the 129F visa itself.

They asked him two questions and ask him to bring more evidence of our relationship on September 12. #######??? Going to Ghana to me means going to visit everyone at home and it costs a lot of money when I visit so it is not just the price of a ticket and hotel.

I am soooo upset and do not know what to do. We have spent money on planning our wedding in September because I thought an interview in July would give me enough time to get him here by September. What else do they want?cray5ol.gif

Love is a gift and not to be earned, therefore one should never hold any regrets for giving love regardless of the outcome...

http://www.whitehouse.gov/share/immigration-and-economy?utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=email221-text1&utm_campaign=immigration

event.png

Have you tried contacting a senator and having them to request that the case stay at the embassy and give him a second interview? Also you can contact the embassy as well and ask them for a phone interview with you so that you can answer some questions for them. Send them evidence of your wedding plans, maybe this will help with showing your seriousness of your relationship. Good luck

Sooo many people always say show money like pay pal and western union transfers. But for high fraud countries this is not suggestible because it just looks like that person is taking your money, and this comes from two people I know who used to work at embassies and work in the office with me now.

And don't cry, it will be okay. I know you have to cry a little. Then you finish crying and think about your next step. You will make it through.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I agree contact your congressman. But at this point you will need to push them. Mine took 6 weeks to respond the first time. Also, download and mail the release form so they can access your information.

Just curious, is Ghana one of the countries that allow the petitioner to attend the interview? If you did not, that may have raised a flag. Just guessing.

Edited by slowlyman

Timeline

Have you tried contacting a senator and having them to request that the case stay at the embassy and give him a second interview? Also you can contact the embassy as well and ask them for a phone interview with you so that you can answer some questions for them. Send them evidence of your wedding plans, maybe this will help with showing your seriousness of your relationship. Good luck

Sooo many people always say show money like pay pal and western union transfers. But for high fraud countries this is not suggestible because it just looks like that person is taking your money, and this comes from two people I know who used to work at embassies and work in the office with me now.

And don't cry, it will be okay. I know you have to cry a little. Then you finish crying and think about your next step. You will make it through.

Thank you Janelle2002. We do have an interview on Sept. 12 and I am attending but I am just frustrated right now and just heartbroken. I am sure I will get over it, but it just hurts.

I agree contact your congressman. But at this point you will need to push them. Mine took 6 weeks to respond the first time. Also, download and mail the release form so they can access your information.

Just curious, is Ghana one of the countries that allow the petitioner to attend the interview? If you did not, that may have raised a flag. Just guessing.

Thanks Slowlyman. We have a second interview and I am attending as his "evidence."

Love is a gift and not to be earned, therefore one should never hold any regrets for giving love regardless of the outcome...

http://www.whitehouse.gov/share/immigration-and-economy?utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=email221-text1&utm_campaign=immigration

event.png

Timeline

I am so sorry that you are going through this. I have went through three interviews and we had provided all the information as well. Now we are in Administrative processing. I don't know what is going on in Ghana some of us are getting through and others are not. Just continue to hold your head up high and you will definitely get through this.

Blessing to you,

Shiya

Timeline

I am so sorry that you are going through this. I have went through three interviews and we had provided all the information as well. Now we are in Administrative processing. I don't know what is going on in Ghana some of us are getting through and others are not. Just continue to hold your head up high and you will definitely get through this.

Blessing to you,

Shiya

Thanks Shiya and you are truly a stronger person than I, because if my presence at the interview does not prove anything to them and me marrying him will not make a difference either then I am truly out of options. The future suddenly looks bleak for me from this standpoint and I don't know what else to say. I don't have any more tears...

event.png

Timeline

Tosh, dear... welcome to a ####### embassy. The same happened to me/us, and to many other couples, in Guayaquil.

(For others reading: This is why the consular phase of the immigration process should never, NEVER be underestimated. It's also an example of how the petitioner's presence on the consular premises NEVER hurts and could help.)

Tosh, steel yourself: The "joint" interview will probably be a Stokes. See this thread:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/207292-embassy-wants-petitioner-at-next-cr-1-interview-any-advice/

Read every one of the "Reviews: Embassy" for Accra, paying particular attention to the WORST stories. Contact some of those members who are active, and pick their brains. Get a free or paid consultation with a sharp immigration attorney who's a member of AILA (www.aila.org), especially one who might have experience as a consular officer.

Knowledge is power. This, plus the sincere support from all your VJ friends, can give you the strength to surmount this bump in the road.

Thank you so much. Will definitely be researching this tmrw to find out what to do for a possible Stokes interview. They do not necessary know I am coming but I think they expect me theregood.gif

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Here is an immigration attorney that I read about on VJ & he specializes w/ trouble shooting visa problems http://www.marcellislaw.com

I'm about to send out my petition for the K-1 w/ just two visits to Ghana. You have had more than 4 and have met all the Criteria. I'm so sorry you're going through this. I think the best thing to do is contact a good lawyer as soon as possible. I hope my link helps

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

I admire strong, intelligent women, si ma'am. Remember to get a free or initial-paid consultation with a sharp lawyer!

I just remembered who helped me with very necessary-at-the-time moral support plus advice:

http://www.fosterquan.com

They had (probably still have) a program whereby you pay $125 or $150, send your issue, get contacted by the legal coordinator, and get set up with an hour's phone caucus or an e-mail exchange with an appropriate attorney. I got far, FAR more than what I paid for, si man.

Just saw Jon's helpful post above. Marc Ellis (also a VJ member with name ellis-island) specializes in Vietnam but could be of help. He's incredibly busy, and (I heard, but could be wrong) expensive.

Jon, front-load your petition with copious, sensible evidence of your bona fide relationship. Delay sending it out, if it's necessary to plan what to include and to organize it. Top that section with a cover-sheet that says, in big letters, "USCIS: Please forward this material to the Accra embassy upon petition approval." (They'll do that anyway, but it lets the embassy know that you're serious.)

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ivory Coast
Timeline

The petitioner at the interview could better one's chances, but not being there being a red flag? Noo I totally disagree, most beneficiaries go alone and get approved.

Timeline

After reading to tosh's post thought I thought the same thing... The money transfers thing is a sooo not good idea. Many gone wrong interviews I've read about showed money transfers, before the interview, they already think u wanna go for monetary reasons, then u show u've tasted the fruit... :-) Not good idea dear

T.

Timeline

him two questions and ask him to bring more evidence of our relationship on September 12. #######??? Going to Ghana to me means going to visit everyone at home and it costs a lot of money when I visit so it is not just the price of a ticket and hotel.

I am soooo upset and do not know what to do. We have spent money on planning our wedding in September because I thought an interview in July would give me enough time to get him here by September. What else do they want?cray5ol.gif

In my opinion, if you have a lot more evidence to print, u don't need to go for the second interview, anything u can think of and print out, they won't go everything but they just want to see a mountain of evidence/papers.

Then again I don't know if your presence would be the deal breaker.

If it won't break the bank, why not.

I really get what u mean... Going home isn't just ticket... But right now everyone should give u a break, u have issues to deal with.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I am sorry to hear this Tosh. I was so happy for you when u got your NOA2. I think being there in person will be the best evidence you can give them. I suggest you go aand plan just a week or a few days trip your family and relative will understand the reason you came. I wish you God's guidance. With God all things are possible. Believe and keep the faith up. Cheers.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Blessing to you,

Shiya

For how long have you guys been placed in AP?

Its something I was dreading and my husband got placed in it :/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.