NikLR

Green card production after ELIS

1,923 posts in this topic

Alas, when this type of mumbling occurs, it's USUALLY to send out the DHS Verification query.

Usually.

Likely.

I got a letter today saying my green card should be on it's way in 2 weeks. Letter was sent July 3 and I visited the office on July 2. ELIS changed on July 3 as well.

She did take photocopies of my visa and passport.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

you should go into the SSA office the next day after applying, and ask for the number.

It's THEN you'll learn of any problems.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

I didn't make the time the next few days.

I will wait the 2 weeks and if there is a problem go in then. I'm not in a rush for it anyhow. I just wanted to do the hub's taxes and maybe apply for a few jobs online.

I haven't been the happiest camper for the last week so... such is life.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

doing amended tax returns, showing 'married filing jointly' status? aiyo - get that SSN on Monday, ya slacker - or I'll call yer Mom and complain.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

doing amended tax returns, showing 'married filing jointly' status? aiyo - get that SSN on Monday, ya slacker - or I'll call yer Mom and complain.

No he didn't file yet this year, has an extension.

Call my momma all you want, she'll tell you she's busy or not answer because she's at the lake. LOL :P

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

oohpartiv - that seems a bit long in the tooth without any status update, almost as if the POE hasn't done anything with yer casefile yet to mark you record of entry in to the SAVE db system. Suggest you contact ELIS tech support on Monday and see what the heck the hold up is.

I was thinking of doing just that. Any suggestions on specific things I should mention?

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

For full timeline, see "about me".

Latest Dates

N-400 Filing - 03/14/2016

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Interview Notice - 06/03/2016

Interview Date - 07/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Timeline

oooohpartiv -

1. Do you show a record of my entry into the USA ?

2. I've paid the fee and have receipt number - why hasn't your system auto-triggered the card production after POE event?

3. What's the hold up , delay, on your side?

Someone tried to contact the ELIS people at one point and it was 1000 minutes minimum of waiting. You may want to try a tier 2 with the uscis?

Timeline

ya, it may be ELIS support is abysmal,

but it's all part of the pay.gov web portal #######

so review

https://pay.gov/paygov/contact.html

and find a human. It might be a fruitless exercise, but , in the end, ya might get the right office to chase down the ELIS breakage on yer case.

Timeline

ok - disregard what i've written about ELIS and pay.gov website.

USCIS handles/tracks payments for ELIS and supposedly handles ELIS updates as well.

IMO, you've a problem with yer ELIS update - is quite possible the entry into SAVE db wasn't done properly at the CBP backroom at the POE.

Supposedly, you can track stuff about greencard production with the uscis portal, but I can't even tell you which receipt # to use for the tracking.

Supposedly, talking with an ISO can help you to glean what's missing 'in the system' but I'm starting to have deep doubts about the whole thing.

According to my case receipt you need to call the USCIS at: 1-800-375-5283

On my case receipt there is the Acct ID, Receipt ID and my USCIS alien number.

I'm sure everyone has the same thing (it can be found under "my messages" on the ELIS website after login.) Trying to search my case via the main USCIS page doesn't not yield anything, but it may for someone else. If you have POE over 3 weeks ago on Monday, paid before leaving your home country, and still haven't had the case move to "optimized", I would give them a call.

I will put up a screen shot of what mine looks like now.

For timeline reference from what I did and what I can glean from my recent case update...

06/03 - Interview

06/04 - Received Visa

06/04 - Paid New Immigrant Visa Fee via ELIS

06/10 - POE via Land CDN/USA border

06/19 - USCIS recieves and logs my case

07/03 - ELIS updates to "Optimized - In process"

ELIS.jpg

Timeline

NikkiR - thanks for the screenshot ! I'm gonna bow out of this topic now...

Timeline

Woo! Thanks for all the suggestions, everybody. Will definitely get onto calling and finding out what the hell is taking so long. wink.png

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

Latest Dates

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Timeline

Oh, yay! I checked the ELIS website right after posting that, and found the "optimized" status staring back at me. content.gif Hopefully it won't be long now, then!

Latest Dates

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Oh, yay! I checked the ELIS website right after posting that, and found the "optimized" status staring back at me. content.gif Hopefully it won't be long now, then!

YAY!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.