NikLR

Green card production after ELIS

1,923 posts in this topic

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Finland
Timeline

I finally received my card last week, yay!

I contacted USCIS through their website https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/contactusand they replied within 1-2 days. Apparently TSC had some issues and that's why my card production was delayed.

IR1 took 520 days....

Hi all, sorry if this is off-topic, but wondered if I should be worried for not receiving my SSN as of yet? (I POE-d on the 2nd December.) I presume the holidays might have slowed things up a little?

Just checked ELIS regarding my greencard and the status changed to 'In Process' on Christmas Eve, so seems that is moving along.

Thanks in advance for the help

Hi Kate,

My husband ended up going to the Social Security Office and then he received his SSN card within 10 days. :dancing:

Were still waiting for his green card to arrive! :cry:

Marriage: 12-23-13 in England
Service Center: Nebraska Service Center

Consulate: London, England

USCIS:
I-130 NOA1: 1-17-14

I-130 NOA2: 6-4-14

NVC:

Case Completed at NVC: 9-26-14 - No checklists

Embassy:

Medical Appointment: 10-15-14

Visa in Hand: 11-5-14
USCIS ELIS fee paid: 11-5-14
POE: 11-19-14 (via Dublin en route to Chicago)
SSN Received: 11-30-14
Green Card Received: 2-13-14

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Barbados
Timeline

@spoogie - I also tried to upload documents to the portal and I received the same message "this portlet is temporary disabled". Just wanted to pass that on. I will also report if anything changes. Thanks.

Ok great let me know what you get done

Timeline

Spoogie, We entered on Nov. 5th for my husbands and it's been stuck on accepted since then. Were still waiting too.

Hey, I am curious, where was your POE and which service centre has your OS155a?

Hey, I am curious, where was your POE and which service centre has your OS155a?

My husband's POE took place in Dublin on November 19h. How do you find out the service center for the OS155a? Thanks!

USCIS:

NVC:

Embassy:

Texas does all the green cards.

Because the same service center prints all the green cards, asking about service centers is moot.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

Texas does all the green cards.

Because the same service center prints all the green cards, asking about service centers is moot.

Thank you for the reply. If I new that - guess I would not have asked. My bad!!

Timeline

OK after a horrible weekend, I woke up today and decided to make a move, It was a gut feeling but I tried anyway. Too many people receiving their cards and mine stuck without any sign of moving. I called the National Service Centre and decided to try the "call back feature" which should have been 50 minutes. Well they did call back but as I answered the phone the officer just hung up. :ranting: . So I called back and decided to wait, only to be told my wait was 120 minutes. 2 Freaking hours!!! REALLY!! :crying:.

To hell with THAT. Time for the big guns!!!

I called my local Congressman. They asked me to download a form and fill it out, then email it to them. I kid you not!! They called back in 13minutes and said they would look into it. Told them thank you, went to take a shower and dripping wet the phone rang. Said they spoke to the Service centre who will look into it.

So now for the good part.... 58 minutes later email received.

:dance::dance: CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!! :dance::dance:

Why did it have to take all that effort. Congressman office said the service centre said file looked okay, then why so long??

My personal shout out to the office of Congressman Alcee Hastings. You guys rock :thumbs:

Spoogie

So my husbands status is still "Accepted" in the USCIS ELIS portal. It has been 62 days we paid the Immigrant Visa Fee and 48 days since his POE. I emailed the USCIS via the contact form yesterday and here's the response we got. Has anyone else encountered this before? I think I may shoot my congressman's office an email as well.

Thank you for your inquiry, dated January 5, 2015 , regarding the status of your USCIS Immigrant Visa Fee.

It appears as though your Immigrant Visa Packet may be lost. We cant find the A-number that would be assigned to it in our system. We have submitted a service request to the Texas Service Center to investigate the matter.

After careful review of your inquiry, we determined that your issue will be best addressed by the USCIS office processing your case; therefore, we are forwarding your inquiry to the Texas Service Center. The referral ID for this inquiry is xxxxxxxxxxxx . The Texas Service Center will contact you within 15 days concerning your case once they have reviewed your inquiry.

USCIS:

NVC:

Embassy:

Hi Kate,

My husband ended up going to the Social Security Office and then he received his SSN card within 10 days. :dancing:

Were still waiting for his green card to arrive! :cry:

Thanks both, and sorry for the delay in my reply, been without internet (argh!) Off to the SS office in a minute here so hopefully I can get it ordered today. On the plus side, my greencard arrived yesterday!

USCIS (239 days):

04.18.2013 - NOA1

12.13.2013 - NOA2 via email; I-130 approved. Shipped to NVC

NVC (274 days):

12.30.2013 - Arrived at NVC

01.27.2014 - Received case no. & IIN

02.07.2014 - Completed & submitted DS-261 form online

02.13.2014 - Paid AOS bill

02.18.2014 - AOS showing as 'paid'

03.18.2014 - Invoiced for IV bill (finally!)

03.19.2014 - Made payment for IV bill

03.21.2014 - IV bill showing PAID

03.24.2014 - Completed DS-260 online

03.29.2014 - Mailed IV Packet

04.26.2014 - IV packet all approved, false checklist from NVC for AOS packet

05.07.2014 - AOS packet sent

06.12.2014 - AOS packet scanned in (took them THAT LONG to do it)

07.29.2014 - Received checklist via email

07.30.2014 - Sent re-filled AOS form, as per checklist instructions

09.24.2014 - Case Complete (FINALLY)

09.30.2014 - Case leaves NVC

Embassy:

10.29.2014 - Medical

11.04.2014 - Interview in London - APPROVED

11.05.2014 - CEAC - Issued

11.07.2014 - Courier email

11.10.2014 - Passport and visa received via DX courier

In the USA:

12.02.2014 - POE (Denver)

12.24.2014 - ELIS changed to "In Process"

01.05.2015 - Greencard received in mail

ROC:
10.05.2016 - NOA1

12.13.2016 - Biometrics

11.13.2017 - Infopass Appt.

03.30.2018 - Approval

04.05.2018 - Greencard Arrived

So my husbands status is still "Accepted" in the USCIS ELIS portal. It has been 62 days we paid the Immigrant Visa Fee and 48 days since his POE. I emailed the USCIS via the contact form yesterday and here's the response we got. Has anyone else encountered this before? I think I may shoot my congressman's office an email as well.

Thank you for your inquiry, dated January 5, 2015 , regarding the status of your USCIS Immigrant Visa Fee.

It appears as though your Immigrant Visa Packet may be lost. We cant find the A-number that would be assigned to it in our system. We have submitted a service request to the Texas Service Center to investigate the matter.

After careful review of your inquiry, we determined that your issue will be best addressed by the USCIS office processing your case; therefore, we are forwarding your inquiry to the Texas Service Center. The referral ID for this inquiry is xxxxxxxxxxxx . The Texas Service Center will contact you within 15 days concerning your case once they have reviewed your inquiry.

A quick update. I sent an email back to the USCIS to verify that they have all of the correct numbers and information, etc. They responded back with the following:

We assure you that we have your correct information. All of the information that you provided previously was found in our database confirming your identity, payment and entry on November 19, 2014.

We stated that your Immigrant Visa Packet, which you gave to the Officer when you entered the United States, may be lost. The normal flow of work is that the packet is given to the receiving Officer at your Port of Entry then it is shipped to the Texas Service Center. It is then put in a file sleeve with your A-number and placed on a shelf in the file room to await processing in the order that they were received.

Normally this process of shipping the packet to the Texas Service Center may take 14 to 30 days depending on the Port of Entry. It has been 49 days since your arrival and there is no file with your A-number shown in a filing location at the Texas Service Center. This is a rare condition as the file would be shown at the Texas Service Center if it were in use for processing your Permanent Resident Card.

So after receiving this information, I did contact my Congressman's office and my husband signed the privacy release form and they are going to check into this for us. Fingers crossed they find the paperwork!

USCIS:

NVC:

Embassy:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.