NikLR

Green card production after ELIS

1,923 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

UPDATE: My card will be delivered today but to the old address, I just checked my tracking number on USPS and it has been sent to my husband previous address in Seattle, now I'm in Oklahoma, although we made the change of address and filled in the AR11 form to notify USCIS about it 3 weeks ago, it appears that they just follow the address we put on the Immigrant Visa Application.

Ya, I'm flummoxed by this ELIS thing, thinking the green card would be shipped to the address stored in ELIS, that I entered.

No Dice.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

I was lazy and didn't pay the fee for like 4 months after hubby POE'ed

Then hubby got his card less than a week later because all of his paperwork was where it belonged and they just wanted payment.

casefile movement = meh. ;)

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

I would suggest something else:

A. WebStuff

___1. Get the receipt number from ELIS

___2. Enter the receipt number in CRIS , add the receipt # to your USCIS portfolio

___3. Wait a day, the updated info in CRIS will show up

B. Telephone

___1. Call the USCIS hotline number 800-375-5283

___2. Punch no buttons after the first ring

___3. A Spanish Speaker will come on the line , let them wind down, then say 'English Please!'

___4. Pose yer question to that sub-human. If sub-human is confused, ask for Tier 2, ISO, and be prepared to wait for 4 hours (or get a call back)

Go Get Em, and Good Luck !

When I go to ELIS, what receipt# are u referring to that I can add to the USCIS portfolio?

Because I tried to add the Receipt ID# IOE977xxxxxxx but I got the message

-customer portfolio insert failed

- attempting to add a case does not exist.

Timeline

that's ok - it won't be 'able' to be added until after 'optimized' status is selected at ELIS.

You've the right receipt #, fwiw.

Right so.... The fourth green card "failed". (I have no idea what this means.. Scrunched in the machine? Lost in the pile being transferred for USPS pickup? Used as a bookmark by a bored worker?!). Anyway as there had been no move or status update since 27 Feb I am guessing whatever happened did not automatically trigger a replacement and it has taken contact to do that.

----

On February 24, 2014 the production of your card began, however card production failed on February 27, 2014. A request has been made to produce your card. Please allow 90 days for the delivery of your Permanent Resident Card. If you do not receive your Permanent Resident Card within the time frame indicated, please contact customer service.

----

By the way as I expected, 2 weeks to get an email response,

Sephris, have you heard anything new on your case yet?

No not yet. Nothing has changed.

How did you status changed? Is it because of your email to them?

Actually my status still hasn't changed again... But if they have said a request for production has been made I have to assume something has happened/is happening?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Don't feel too bad. My wife and daughter had POE on January 28 and we have been optimized since March 4 and nothing has happened or updated since then. I just sent an email to Texas so hopefully in two weeks we will get some sort of answer.

Good luck to everyone else who is waiting.

Lee.gif

Don't feel too bad. My wife and daughter had POE on January 28 and we have been optimized since March 4 and nothing has happened or updated since then. I just sent an email to Texas so hopefully in two weeks we will get some sort of answer.

Good luck to everyone else who is waiting.

I arrived through Houston on 20th Jan 2014 and optimized on Feb 24th still no word and the IOE tracking says your OS155A Immigrant visa and alien registration being processed at our intake centre.

I arrived through Houston on 20th Jan 2014 and optimized on Feb 24th still no word and the IOE tracking says your OS155A Immigrant visa and alien registration being processed at our intake centre.

Does it say your card is in production on the USCIS (CRIS) site?

Does it say your card is in production on the USCIS (CRIS) site?

Uscis site says---

Case receive date--JAN 28TH 2014

Status---In Process

Status Date---Feb 24th 2014

Payment--Submitted.

Uscis site says---

Case receive date--JAN 28TH 2014

Status---In Process

Status Date---Feb 24th 2014

Payment--Submitted.

That's ELIS - what does it say here https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard/CaseStatus.do when you enter your receipt number?

That's ELIS - what does it say here https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard/CaseStatus.do when you enter your receipt number?

Your OS155A, IMMIGRANT VISA AND ALIEN REGISTRATION was accepted and is being processed at our intake processing center. On February 24, 2014, we mailed you a notice explaining this and describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or contact our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Ok so you optimized 24 Feb but no indication card production has been started... That is a bit odd I think.

Mine says for example

On February 24, 2014, the production of your new card began. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move while this card is being created, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

Edited by SusieQQQ

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sudan
Timeline

what name will be in green card

the name that we win in DV is 3 names while names in visa is 4 names as that in passport... am confused ..i wright my name in filling form of the fee as that i wrote in Dv... please aanswer me...

other question can i call the uscis to change my name

what name will be in green card

the name that we win in DV is 3 names while names in visa is 4 names as that in passport... am confused ..i write my name in filling form of the fee as that i wrote in Dv ... plz am sad ..need help..

can i call uscis to change my name

Edited by medobagoja

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.