NikLR

Green card production after ELIS

1,923 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I presume your ELIS status is at "optimized"? For us card production began 2-3 days after the case appeared on the USCIS site. For 3 of the 4 cards it took a total of 6 days from USCIS site working on the numbers to receiving the cards. The 4th card is still in production, for some reason it took a couple of days longer to get to USCIS than the others, but assuming the same timeline is followed it should go to USPS today. 2 working days for delivery once it's handed over to them.

Yes, it is showing 'Optimized' in ELIS now.

It's happening a lot faster than I expected, which is awesome. I was expecting to wait 45-60 days after POE to get my GC.

When I POE'd last month, the CBP agent who processed my entry actually told me to expect the GC sometime in the summer.

Good to know that the card will probably be in my mailbox within 10-14 days.

Timeline after visa approval

Immigrant fee paid on ELIS - Jan 24th

POE - Jan 25th

Update on GC and SSN

(as of March 14th, 2014)

ELIS status - Closed (Card produced)

USCIS case check with receipt number (starts with IOE) - Card delivered in the mail

SSN - Received (Went to SSA location to apply for one)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

N-400 Naturalization Process

N-400 package mailed in - Nov 7th

Payment posted on cc account - Nov 10th

NOA (hard copy) - Nov 14th

Biometrics - Dec 7th

In Line - Dec 27th

Yes, it is showing 'Optimized' in ELIS now.

It's happening a lot faster than I expected, which is awesome. I was expecting to wait 45-60 days after POE to get my GC.

When I POE'd last month, the CBP agent who processed my entry actually told me to expect the GC sometime in the summer.

Good to know that the card will probably be in my mailbox within 10-14 days.

A couple of weeks will take you to around 45 days of course. It's a bit odd how the cases seem a bit variable on timing - even with ours all on the same case number with different timelines!

The CBP guy dealing with the only other immigrant family when we entered told them it would take 6 months! I presume they are also getting theirs round about now though!

Filed: Timeline

Hey guys.

My POE was 1st of januarry. and when i https://egov.uscis.g...d/CaseStatus.do type my case number here it says

Your case can not be found at this time in My Case Status. Please check your receipt number and try again. If you need further assistance, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1.800.375.5283.

is it normal?

Edited by gokhan8282

Hey guys.

My POE was 1st of januarry. and when i https://egov.uscis.g...d/CaseStatus.do type my case number here it says

Your case can not be found at this time in My Case Status. Please check your receipt number and try again. If you need further assistance, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1.800.375.5283.

is it normal?

And another question. sorry i could not find the "edit" button. my elis account does not have an address. i thought that GC would be posted to the adress that i typed when sending the forms to the consulate (lottery gc)

Your case number will only appear on the USCIS site once ELIS changes to "optimized". And don't worry about the lack of address on there, ours was also missing on ELIS but we still got them. It looks like they don't copy all your personal details to the site but they are clearly wherever they need to be in the system. (We were also DV visas.) Edited by SusieQQQ

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey guys.

is it normal?

Have you paid your immigrant fee on ELIS yet?

Timeline after visa approval

Immigrant fee paid on ELIS - Jan 24th

POE - Jan 25th

Update on GC and SSN

(as of March 14th, 2014)

ELIS status - Closed (Card produced)

USCIS case check with receipt number (starts with IOE) - Card delivered in the mail

SSN - Received (Went to SSA location to apply for one)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

N-400 Naturalization Process

N-400 package mailed in - Nov 7th

Payment posted on cc account - Nov 10th

NOA (hard copy) - Nov 14th

Biometrics - Dec 7th

In Line - Dec 27th

Have you paid your immigrant fee on ELIS yet?

He mentioned his ELIS account in his second post so presumably yes. I'm not sure what else ELIS is used for, but for a DV winner that is the only reason to have an ELIS account.

Your case number will only appear on the USCIS site once ELIS changes to "optimized". And don't worry about the lack of address on there, ours was also missing on ELIS but we still got them. It looks like they don't copy all your personal details to the site but they are clearly wherever they need to be in the system. (We were also DV visas.)

Thanks. it is still accepted, not optimized. is 1 month a long time for still being accepted?

I am a DV winner. And yes i paid the money.

Thanks. it is still accepted, not optimized. is 1 month a long time for still being accepted?

I am a DV winner. And yes i paid the money.

There seems to be a 45-60 day wait at present. We entered on 26 Dec, and only got to optimized last Friday (for three of the cards) and Monday (for one of them). It goes quickly from then, the 3 that changed to optimized on Friday were received in the mail yesterday.

Hey guys.

is it normal?

It's normal not to be able to see the case status except in the ELIS site. Mine never showed up in the case status, but others dont' until the card is produced.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

hi everybody, i have question plz. ,my port of entry was Feb 2 , i still have not got my green card , in elis website they accepted my payment maid on November , not switched to optimized yet , is this normal ? is there anybody who entered in the begining of Feb and has not received yet the green card? thanks

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

hi everybody, i have question plz. ,my port of entry was Feb 2 , i still have not got my green card , in elis website they accepted my payment maid on November , not switched to optimized yet , is this normal ? is there anybody who entered in the begining of Feb and has not received yet the green card? thanks

Hi Sara,

Well take a look at my time line. That will you an idea of how long it wil take.

Good luck!

GC & SSN
07-05-2013: Immigrant fee - $165 - paid
12-15-2013: POE Detroit
02-04-2014: ELIS - CASE STATUS: OPTIMIZED (Case received: 01-02-2014. STATUS DETAILS: In Process)
02-11-2014: USCIS - "Your new card is being produced etc...."
02-14-2014: USCIS - Card has been picked up by USPS - ELIS is down
02-15-2014: GC delivered!
Removal of Condition
11-16-2015: I-751 Petition sent to the California Center
11-19-2015: Petition received (UPS)
11-19-2015: NOA USCIS
11-23-2015: Check of $590 (Petion Fees) cashed
12-23-2015: Biometrics
05-05-2016: RFE
08-15-2016: Interview (positive)

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi Sara,

my POE was Jan 29 and I haven't received my green card either. My ELIS account says my case is still on Accepted. I hope it will change soon to Optimized. With the experiences of the other members it takes 6 weeks till the case starts to change.

Since my SSN was not been send to my address after activating the Visa, I went to the Social Security Administration today to apply for it. Everything worked fine and the lady said "It went through and I should receive my SSN in 7 days." Let"s see if my case starts changing soon.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi is there anyone here where GC is ordered in production last February and no updates til now? I know its still early March but when i look at the timeline of others, once it is ordered in production they will receive it within a couple of days. Just wanna know if my there's nothing wrong with mine. thanks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.