BEBO&BEBO

lying in tourst visa application 3years ago.

67 posts in this topic

Hello , i was refused in december ( tourist visa ) and then my husband filed the petition in january after being refused and i just got the immigrant visa from 2 weeks ..

Don't worry

Did you lie on your tourist visa application?

barata-gif-3.gif

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Hello , i was refused in december ( tourist visa ) and then my husband filed the petition in january after being refused and i just got the immigrant visa from 2 weeks ..

Don't worry

Your advice is truly horrible.

Recognize that other posters with many years of experience navigating the US immigration system has STRONGLY ADVISED that the OP get a really, really good immigration lawyer.

You are an intending immigrant who has never even enter the US. Your have little or zero real experience. You should not give advice at all in my opinion.

Your post is the worst I have seen in many years when the situation is clearly dangerous to the OP.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Why not?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Don't you have vacation?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

I didn't see my wife and my 2 years old son for a year now .

I hope god will help us all .

Thank you all.

Everyone here misses his or her family.

You made a very seriously bad choice. Your wife had(?) a perfectly legal way to immigrate to the US. Then, you choose to intentionally lie and deceive to illegally immigrate her to the US. So now instead of 2-3 years of waiting for an immigration visa, your wife may be ban for life from entering the US. You essentially threw away her chances of immigration to the US.

I am not writing this to be mean to you. I am writing this to warn other people not to make the same mistake as you since too many other couples have tried exactly what you did; that's why a lawyer wrote an entire article about lying about one's marital status on a visitor visa application with a spouse in the US and the unfortunate conseques.

Your case should serve as a warning to those with legal means to immigrate to the US not to do anything as stupid as intentionally lie to the US on a visa application and thus knowingly make a material misrepresentation that ends in an unwaiveable ban for life from entering the US.

------

God helps those who help themselves. When you choose to lie and cheat, it makes it harder for God to help you.

Edited by aaron2020

Your advice is truly horrible.

Recognize that other posters with many years of experience navigating the US immigration system has STRONGLY ADVISED that the OP get a really, really good immigration lawyer.

You are an intending immigrant who has never even enter the US. Your have little or zero real experience. You should not give advice at all in my opinion.

Your post is the worst I have seen in many years when the situation is clearly dangerous to the OP.

I'm pretty sure she was just addressing the fact the OP's wife filed a previous tourist visa and didn't realize this was about a misrepresentation, which is why I asked her that. No need to be so harsh.

Everyone here misses his or her family.

You made a very seriously bad choice. Your wife had(?) a perfectly legal way to immigrate to the US. Then, you choose to intentionally lie and deceive to illegally immigrate her to the US. So now instead of 2-3 years of waiting for an immigration visa, your wife may be ban for life from entering the US. You essentially threw away her chances of immigration to the US.

I am not writing this to be mean to you. I am writing this to warn other people not to make the same mistake as you since too many other couples have tried exactly what you did; that's why a lawyer wrote an entire article about lying about one's marital status on a visitor visa application with a spouse in the US and the unfortunate conseques.

Your case should serve as a warning to those with legal means to immigrate to the US not to do anything as stupid as intentionally lie to the US on a visa application and thus knowingly make a material misrepresentation that ends in an unwaiveable ban for life from entering the US.

------

God helps those who help themselves. When you choose to lie and cheat, it makes it harder for God to help you.

First off, it was his wife that made this mistake, not the OP. Second, I'm pretty sure he wishes she didn't. So there is no reason to be so harsh. Nobody is gaining from that. The idea is to help somebody through this who has learned from past mistakes. Or do you wish the child and wife remain separated from his father?

Edited by Leon & Mylen

barata-gif-3.gif

Timeline

I'm pretty sure she was just addressing the fact the OP's wife filed a previous tourist visa and didn't realize this was about a misrepresentation, which is why I asked her that. No need to be so harsh.

First off, it was his wife that made this mistake, not the OP. Second, I'm pretty sure he wishes she didn't. So there is no reason to be so harsh. Nobody is gaining from that. The idea is to help somebody through this who has learned from past mistakes. Or do you wish the child and wife remain separated from his father?

I do not want this family to be sepated. But they created this situation.

Are you so naive to think the husband did not know his wife would state she was single on the application? Do you think she honestly didn't discuss it with him?

I also do not appreciate people lying or cheating the immigration system because it affect other families.

Fraud is the main reason so many people who are honest cannot get visitor visas. So the next Egyptian who gets a visitor visa denial can blame it on those who've committed fraud on the application.

What's done is done. How do you help others who are going through the process? You warn them not to play games by lying to enter the US. You warn them of the severe consequences.

I am also find it peculiar that God is called upon for help after people fail to help themselves and knowingly try to cheat he system which makes it harder on the rest of us who are waiting for family to immigrate to the US or family who simply want to visit the US and return home.

Edited by aaron2020

I do not want this family to be sepated. But they created this situation.

Are you so maive to think the husband did not know his wife would state she was single on the application? Do you think she honestly didn't discuss it with him?

I also do not appreciate people lying or cheating the immigration system because it affect other families.

Fraud is the main reason so many people who are honest cannot get visitor visas. So the next Egyptian who gets a visitor visa denial can blame it on those who've committed fraud on the application.

What's done is done. How do you help others who are going through the process? You warn them not to play games by lying to enter the US. You warn them of the severe consequences.

I am also find it peculiar that God is called upon for help after people fail to help themselves and knowingly try to cheat he system whichakes it harder on the rest of us who are waiting for family to immigrate to the US or fily who sply wants to visit the US and return home.

Yes, yes, they made a mistake. And I'm sure they regret it and learned their lesson. And I'm sure this occured long before you came in here with your words.

So . . . . can we help them now? Or shall we keep up with the preaching?

barata-gif-3.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I just said my experience which was so recent ... i didn't lie in the application i wrote am married but they never asked about my husband's nationality . and they never asked about if i was refused before in the interview . Anyways u can disregard my advice . i just replied cuz he asked if anyone was in the same situation and i was.

02/06/2010 - Married!!!

USCIS:
01/14/2013 - I-130 Sent
01/17/2013 - NOA1
02/20/2013 - NOA2

NVC:
03/11/2013 - Received
03/25/2013 - Case # ,INN #
03/25/2013 - DS-3032 Sent
03/27/2013 - DS-3032 Accepted
03/27/2013 - AOS Invoiced & Paid
03/29/2013 - AOS Appears as PAID
03/28/2013 - IV Invoiced & Paid
03/30/2013 - IV Appears as PAID
03/30/2013 - AOS & IV Sent
04/02/2013 - AOS & IV Received
04/15/2013 - AOS Accepted
04/22/2013 - IV Accepted ( Was in system since 04/15 but was not reviewed !!!!!)
04/22/2013 - Case Complete

04/29/2013 - Case Complete email
04/29/2013 - Interview Assigned

05/06/2013 - Shipped to Embassy

Post-NVC:
05/09/2013 - Embassy received
05/12/2013 - Medical
06/04/2013 - Interview - EGYPT (Approved)

06/06/2013 - Visa in hand
xx/xx/2013 - POE

Filed: Timeline

I just said my experience which was so recent ... i didn't lie in the application i wrote am married but they never asked about my husband's nationality . and they never asked about if i was refused before in the interview . Anyways u can disregard my advice . i just replied cuz he asked if anyone was in the same situation and i was.

In the DS-160 there's a place when you state if you have anybody in the US.

Since you didn't lie about being married... Did you wrote that your husband was in the US?

If you did, that's completely different situation than the OP's wife.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

She said that she didn't have any one in USA

You think is this will ban her from immigrant visa ?

Thanks

She didn't got the visa

i wrote am married wz no relatives in usa as my husband was residing in egypt while i applied for the visitor visa .

btw my husband asked in an immigration office and the officer advised to try to take visitor visa 1st and if it is refused then go to plan b which is applying i130 .

( also advised not to lie if asked ) . and my bisitor visa was refused in december and we applied for i130 in jan and i got my visa in june ,

thAts my case

02/06/2010 - Married!!!

USCIS:
01/14/2013 - I-130 Sent
01/17/2013 - NOA1
02/20/2013 - NOA2

NVC:
03/11/2013 - Received
03/25/2013 - Case # ,INN #
03/25/2013 - DS-3032 Sent
03/27/2013 - DS-3032 Accepted
03/27/2013 - AOS Invoiced & Paid
03/29/2013 - AOS Appears as PAID
03/28/2013 - IV Invoiced & Paid
03/30/2013 - IV Appears as PAID
03/30/2013 - AOS & IV Sent
04/02/2013 - AOS & IV Received
04/15/2013 - AOS Accepted
04/22/2013 - IV Accepted ( Was in system since 04/15 but was not reviewed !!!!!)
04/22/2013 - Case Complete

04/29/2013 - Case Complete email
04/29/2013 - Interview Assigned

05/06/2013 - Shipped to Embassy

Post-NVC:
05/09/2013 - Embassy received
05/12/2013 - Medical
06/04/2013 - Interview - EGYPT (Approved)

06/06/2013 - Visa in hand
xx/xx/2013 - POE

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

*** several posts removed for TOS violations. Stop with the bickering and personal insults, all of you. Thread bans and other admin action will follow if you do not heed this advice ****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.