POA

USCIS customer service error (merged)

28 posts in this topic

Good to hear, congratulations.

Thank you!

Btw, does anyone knows the format of the letter to withdraw the petition? We will withdraw the 2nd petition.

Thanks everybody!

Wait, USCIS committed an error?? No way! That's impossible! (Sarcasm)

lol! Well, at first I didn't think they will admit what they did but since we emailed the ombudsman and they did all the work to correct it. :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

We filed a new petition and was received on July 1, so we will be requesting for a refund.

I hope you're not expecting a refund, it's not likely at all. You chose to refile rather than waiting, that was your choice. I hope for your sake they do, but I doubt it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

You have three threads on the same topic, this one, http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/432852-uscis-customer-service-error and http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/433097-which-is-better-to-re-apply-i-130-or-file-a-motion-to-re-open-the-case/ so it's been a little difficult to put it all together, but it does make more sense now. You received an RFE but mailed it to the Chicago Lockbox instead of where it was meant to go. The USCIS misinformation line is notoriously unreliable, so I think it's unlikely you would be able to circumvent the fee by claiming that they told you to send it to the wrong address (granted, they did, but they were wrong in doing so).

Could you post the I-72 RFE here? Obviously remove any personal information first.

I think re-filing will probably be your best bet, and stands the highest chance of success.

Yup yup - that was the error - not sending it in to the address ON the I-797C notice.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

I hope you're not expecting a refund, it's not likely at all. You chose to refile rather than waiting, that was your choice. I hope for your sake they do, but I doubt it.

Actually, we will request for a withdrawal and a refund. As per this link, I guess it is more likely our case. http://www.dhs.gov/uscis-refunds-how-process-working-you-questions-cis-ombudsmans-teleconference-january-31-2008 .. We will try tho. :(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

based on what's transpired, it's likely you can receive a refund.

keep us posted, aye?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Yup yup - that was the error - not sending it in to the address ON the I-797C notice.

Yeah. That was the reason we called them. Because the address on the I-797C notice is different from the I-72. But NCSC provided the wrong address. So our case was re-opened for free and approved.

based on what's transpired, it's likely you can receive a refund.

keep us posted, aye?

I really hope we will get a refund. We will keep you posted! :)

Hi guys!

Now I am confused. We have an approved petition right? But if we will withdraw the pending petition (2nd petition filed), will that withdraw our first petition too?

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi guys!

Now I am confused. We have an approved petition right? But if we will withdraw the pending petition (2nd petition filed), will that withdraw our first petition too?

Thanks!

Have you received an NOA1 for the second case? It may (hopefully) just get kicked back because of an already valid and approved petition.

• 2 years later...

UPDATE!!!!!!!!

After years of fighting, USCIS issued us a refund for our second petition! :) It is on their website and waiting for the check in the mail. We won!!!! I can't believe this. lol

• 2 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.