duraaraa

My fiancee was approved.

31 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Well, I managed to gather a lot of support on these forums, and for that, I am truly happy. I don't plan to make many threads about myself or try to take the spotlight anymore after this, but I am extremely thrilled to say that my fiancee was approved in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia today.

I was worried they would not approve us for various reasons, like age difference (she is 11.5 years older than I), the fact that she has four kids but was never married, and because she doesn't speak English (I speak Mongolian).

I sent in a ton of evidence, and I think it helped. She ended up having an interview which she said took only two minutes. The officer did not speak Mongolian, so she was provided an interpreter. They asked her:

1. How did you meet / fall in love?

2. Various questions about the kids and their birth father

3. Various questions about my parents/family, which she was able to answer.

4. How do you communicate? (by phone)

5. What do you talk about on the phone? (I don't know how she answered this.)

6. About the age difference (she said хамаагүй, which means "it doesn't matter.")

They accepted her answers kindly, and told her that they will issue the visa upon receipt of her medical examination results (she hadn't been able to get the medical done in time). They proceeded to tell her that the children would be able to interview and receive their visas any time within the next year after hers is issued. Because one of them is in the hospital with meningitis, we had her interview alone first.

I know I will get a flood of congrats and happiness, but I think this is very important to people interviewing in the future:

Don't make the same mistake I did and stress out. Even if your fiance/e is from a poor family in a poor country, as long as you have enough evidence, you spent a lot of time together, and your fiance/e knows you well, you will get approved without too much hassle. I had been so worried for no good reason.

Many people describe this as anticlimactic, but hearing the happiness in my fiancee's voice, and sharing the happiness in my voice was the best climax one could imagine. I wish the very best to everyone on here with a true relationship, and I hope that you are all able to gain approval as easily as my fiancee.

From my heart, I would like to thank everyone who sent me good wishes or posted in my thread to help me during the excruciating wait. I wish everyone on here there best.

Edited by duraaraa

What would Xenu do?

Awesome news.. Congrats! good.gif

USCIS

8/10/12-Sent I-130 x2

8/17/12-NOA1

2/28/13-NOA2

NVC

5/6/13-Case# & IIN recvd

7/23/13-Case complete!

US Embassy

9/4/13-Interview- APPROVED!

9/7/13-Visas on hand

10/27/13-POE: SFO

11/5/13- SSN's received

12/2/13-GC's on hand

US Citizenship soon...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

Congrats :)

Me and Matan

10/20/2012: Met in Israel

10/23/2012: First date

01/04/2013: Moved-in together

03/13/2013: Officially engaged!!!!!!!!! biggrin.png

USCIS/CSC

03/21/2013: Sent I-129F

03/28/2013: I-129F Received

04/01/2013: NOA 1

07/10/2013: NOA 2

NVC

10/03/2013: NVC Receives Case

xx/xx/2013: NVC Forwards Case to Jerusalem

Congrats wow you're unique individual:) I'm happy for you both... God Bless.

My uniqueness is what I was worried about heading into the interview, actually! I'm happy to say that they even issue visas to the fiancees of unique people :P

Thanks to everyone for all of the kind words. It means a lot. I will be rooting for everyone.

What would Xenu do?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Congrats!!! :dancing:

I'm the Beneficiary
N400 April 2017 fillers: https://goo.gl/cp2Uxz
Support group for Romanian-American couples--> https://www.facebook.com/groups/520291304693940/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

first of all I wanted to congratulate you guys your approval... wishing you guys a very happy life together... I was curious as to what is the statues on the web site for your visa since you guys are waiting for the medical results...

The reason I ask is that my fiance has his interview appointment next week and he also will not have his medical results in time for the interview... The embassy is aware of this and they are going to do the interview and wait for the results to be submitted afterwards... Does it say Administrative processing on the web site or something else? Just wanted to know what to look for after our interview... Thanks...

Our K1 Process

USCIS – Approved in 218 days

Sept. 05,12: Sent I-129F Petition
Sept. 10,12: Notice of Receipt (NOA1)
April 16,13: I-129F Petition Approved (NOA2)

NVC - 2 Days
April 22,13: NVC Received
April 24,13: Case left NVC: Destination Kabul, Afghanistan

Consulate - 251 days
April 29,13: Case Received by Embassy of Kabul, Afghanistan
May 13,13: Received Packet 3 (Interview date and Medical letter)
May 21,13: Medical
May 29,13: Interview and Placed on AP

Dec. 12,13: Embassy asked for Passport and a New Medical

Dec. 30,13: Submitted Passport and New Medical to Embassy

Jan. 02,14: Visa Status changed to ISSUED

Jan. 05,14: Picked up VISA

Feb. 19,14: POE (LAX)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Well, I managed to gather a lot of support on these forums, and for that, I am truly happy. I don't plan to make many threads about myself or try to take the spotlight anymore after this, but I am extremely thrilled to say that my fiancee was approved in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia today.

I was worried they would not approve us for various reasons, like age difference (she is 11.5 years older than I), the fact that she has four kids but was never married, and because she doesn't speak English (I speak Mongolian).

I sent in a ton of evidence, and I think it helped. She ended up having an interview which she said took only two minutes. The officer did not speak Mongolian, so she was provided an interpreter. They asked her:

1. How did you meet / fall in love?

2. Various questions about the kids and their birth father

3. Various questions about my parents/family, which she was able to answer.

4. How do you communicate? (by phone)

5. What do you talk about on the phone? (I don't know how she answered this.)

6. About the age difference (she said хамаагүй, which means "it doesn't matter.")

They accepted her answers kindly, and told her that they will issue the visa upon receipt of her medical examination results (she hadn't been able to get the medical done in time). They proceeded to tell her that the children would be able to interview and receive their visas any time within the next year after hers is issued. Because one of them is in the hospital with meningitis, we had her interview alone first.

I know I will get a flood of congrats and happiness, but I think this is very important to people interviewing in the future:

Don't make the same mistake I did and stress out. Even if your fiance/e is from a poor family in a poor country, as long as you have enough evidence, you spent a lot of time together, and your fiance/e knows you well, you will get approved without too much hassle. I had been so worried for no good reason.

Many people describe this as anticlimactic, but hearing the happiness in my fiancee's voice, and sharing the happiness in my voice was the best climax one could imagine. I wish the very best to everyone on here with a true relationship, and I hope that you are all able to gain approval as easily as my fiancee.

From my heart, I would like to thank everyone who sent me good wishes or posted in my thread to help me during the excruciating wait. I wish everyone on here there best.

Wow! ! That was really nice and very helpful. Thank you so much ! And Congratulations to you and your family! ! =)

first of all I wanted to congratulate you guys your approval... wishing you guys a very happy life together... I was curious as to what is the statues on the web site for your visa since you guys are waiting for the medical results...

The reason I ask is that my fiance has his interview appointment next week and he also will not have his medical results in time for the interview... The embassy is aware of this and they are going to do the interview and wait for the results to be submitted afterwards... Does it say Administrative processing on the web site or something else? Just wanted to know what to look for after our interview... Thanks...

On the site, my case status says "Ready for interview," but has an updated date of the actual interview date. It doesn't say AP or anything of the like.

However, it's unfortunate but likely that being in a middle eastern country, your fiance will encounter mandatory AP, from what I've read.

What would Xenu do?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.