devthornicroft

Confirmation of DV-2015 Date

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi all

I am hoping to apply for the DV-2015 lottery. I appreciate that this particular DV lottery is subject to the outcome of congress deciding whether or not to carry on with the programme, although from my research many have suggested that they have been threatening to close the programme for a while. Anyway....

I'm writing for confirmation more than anything else, that applications for the DV-2015 lottery will begin in October 2013? This is obviously a big decision and I want to be as prepared as possible well in advance of the first entry date.

Many thanks for your advice on this matter.

All the best.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Yep, if it happens (and my guess it will, at least for the next few years), it will be open for a month from early October 2013.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

They want to trade the visas issued there for STEM related work visa , just like some of the family based visas ( siblings and older adult children )

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

If it happens - it will be October - as always. Big decision to apply for lottery ? Make sure you understand word lottery.

They want to get rid if it because it makes no sense to carry it on. US population is diverse enough and it will be much better off bringing in educated and skilled people rather randomly chosen people.

If it happens - it will be October - as always. Big decision to apply for lottery ? Make sure you understand word lottery.

They want to get rid if it because it makes no sense to carry it on. US population is diverse enough and it will be much better off bringing in educated and skilled people rather randomly chosen people.

I agree entirely with this post.

I'm writing for confirmation more than anything else, that applications for the DV-2015 lottery will begin in October 2013? This is obviously a big decision and I want to be as prepared as possible well in advance of the first entry date.

It doesn't matter if you put your entry on the first day or on the last one.

It's a lottery.

Chances of winning in it are less than 2%.

But yes, if they decide to go with the DV-2015 it should start in the beginning of October this year.

I actually believe it is a big decision. Whilst the chances to win may be small, if it does happen then it will be a big decision to move to a different country, so I don't apply lightheartedly.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

There really isn't much prep to do, you have to have a new passport passport proportioned digital image of you and any spouse/child and basic bio infor to enter the lottery. You must also attest that you have the minimum education to enter. Then you wait until the following May to see if you have gotten a chance to get in line for the limited visas given out. The chances of winnig are less than 0.2% and this year if it happens is likely to be the last so the lottery will be flooded.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.