mindy74

why can't afghans get a visitor visa to the usa

27 posts in this topic

Yes, it is entirely appropriate to ask the question. So, I pose it again. Why don't you visit him in his home country? And, just above, you say he never mentioned you in his interview.

Really?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Yes my fiancee did not mention comming to visit me he said he was going to visit his friend that he has in the usa which he was also comming to visit him also that friend is also still trying to get him a vistor visa do you know Afghanistan is not the safest country to visit and if i go there we will just get married we just needed that visit so i could file the fiancee visa so i could prove that we had met in the last two years

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Yes my fiancee did not mention comming to visit me he said he was going to visit his friend that he has in the usa which he was also comming to visit him also that friend is also still trying to get him a vistor visa do you know Afghanistan is not the safest country to visit and if i go there we will just get married we just needed that visit so i could file the fiancee visa so i could prove that we had met in the last two years

It is not just Afghans don’t get the tourist visa, tourist visa is refused to anyone who does not demonstrate they have strong ties to their home country.

It is job of applicant to prove that they would not overstay their visa and would return back home. Whatever reason if they cannot establish a strong ties at home, their visa application is going to be rejected.

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

I have never seen anyone from afghanistan get a visitor visa to the USA. I honestly think this is stupid and discriminating. I have met so many people from various countries in the usa like sadi arabia Egypt Pakistan so why not afghanistan my fiancee is from afghanistan and we have to meet because we have not seen each other in three years so why can't he visit so i can file the fiancee visa and does anyone know if Mexico would let us both visit there and just let us get married please give me an answer someone it would make me so happy

The very notion of an entry visa is discriminating, which means it is not directed at citizens of one specific nation.

Your fiancee can get a tourist visa if she applies for one and follows the same process as everyone else, complying with the same requirements.

Good luck!

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Could you not meet up however you originally met?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline

I have several friends currently working in the foreign service, a couple of whom work directly with visa issues and Afghanistan...their reports regarding visa abuse are sobering...something like 95-98% of those issued visas from Afghanistan never return.....that's a figure that is far too high to even think that a VO might give a new applicant who has some 'friend' in the US the tiniest benefit of the doubt.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

why don't you go and meet him in Dubai, that's were i have gone to meet my fiance twice since we started this process... Its easy for him to get a visa to Dubai.

The UAE does seem to be a good option. You have direct or connecting flights from the US and getting there from Afghanistan should be possible, too. Not to mention the nice hotels, beaches and US consulats in both Dubai and Abu Dhabi.

It's amazing how many questions can be resolved with a 2 minute Google search...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Yeah the UAE seems the safest location closest to your fiance if you're wanting to see him before your wedding. Either way, to bring him to America you're going to need to either file for a K-1 (fiance visa) or a CR-1 (spousal visa). With the K-1 you'd be getting married in the US and with the CR-1 you can marry anywhere, I believe, but the marriage has to abide by both Afghanistan's and your homestate's marriage laws. Keep in mind with the K-1 you'll only have (I think it's...) 90 days to "use" the visa once he's entered the US. BTW, both visas result in him getting a green card.

Myself: US citizen; Husband: German citizen

TransferWise Invitation Link: (first wire transfer is free) https://transferwise.com/u/eec50

(B-2 Journey):

-(then fiance) H-2B work visa application terminated due to qualification difficulties in Aug. 2010.

-(then fiance) B-2 tourist visa denied due to lack of strong ties to Germany in Sept. 2010.
-Third ESTA denied due to his suspiscious visa status on Oct. 15, 2012.
-B-2 tourist visa approved on Nov. 16, 2012!

(IR-1 Journey):

-Extended German residence permit obtained Aug. 23, 2014. (to qualify for DCF)

-Husband's new German passport picked up Aug. 28, 2014. (Old one expires 2015)

-I-130 packet sent to Frankfurt (DCF) Aug. 29, 2014!

-NOA1 issued Sept. 9, 2014 (received Sept.13)

-RFE regarding evidence of bona fide marriage received along with NOA1

-RFE reply packet sent to Frankfurt Sept. 30, 2014

-E-mail response (NOA2) received by USCIS Frankfurt on Oct. 23, 2014 (Petition APPROVED Oct. 20!!!) :dancing:

-Paper NOA2 received in the mail Oct. 29, 2014

-Case number assigned by IV unit Oct. 30, 2014 (Received by email Nov. 3)

-Paper "Packet 3" arrived in mail Nov. 4, 2014

-DS-260 and Document Delivery Registration submitted to Frankfurt Nov. 4, 2014

-Mailed in priority date request found on Packet 3 to IV Unit Nov. 5, 2014

-IV ("Packet 3") package sent to Frankfurt Nov. 17, 2014

-Medical completed by Frankfurt panel physician Nov. 17, 2014

-Received "Packet 4" via e-mail Nov. 20, 2014

-Interview booked for Dec. 3, 2014 (booked Nov. 21, 2014 after email authorization received)
-Visa approved, issued AND picked up by the courier all within 7 hours, Dec. 3, 2014
:dance:

-Visa packet arrived in the mail Dec. 4, 2014

-Visa packet had to be returned to Frankfurt for correction on Immigrant Data Summary sheet (wrong birthplace listed) Dec. 5, 2014

-Corrected visa packet received in the mail Dec. 11, 2014

-$165 Immigrant fee paid Dec. 11, 2014

-POE (through Dublin, Ireland) Jan. 18, 2015

-Registered manually for social security Jan. 27, 2015

-Social security card arrived within 2 weeks after applying in person/green card arrived within 30 days after entering U.S.

kXYGp1.png

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

afghans have a difficult time getting visitor visas because too many of those trying to get here are "students" (translated literally into the local language, dari,as "taliban").

seriously, a-stan is a 3rd world rubble heap. what could you possibly have in common wiht this guy. sure, 30 years ago it was a civilized place, but now ...

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.