virgo2012

why this AP is only for selected applicants and no sign of any help from anywhere.

128 posts in this topic

janelle2002..thanks for posting but no one is listening.at the end of interview CO tells that you can get your visa in 3 to 6 months but its just way to say leave the embassy now.i have completed my 10 months in AP,contacted senetor,congressman,embassy and even white house.but they all have standard answer that your case is AP wait for its completion and there is no time frame for that starts from week and goes on to 5 to 10 years.i agree with you the real ones are suffering and the doggy ones are getting there visas.they are just doing it purposely.if everything is ok than why you are not issuing the visas?i dont know where to go for help,as from there side no one is helping..

I was only thinking that maybe we could flood the news, like CNN, telling them about these problems. This would be good to add to the immigrations debate. I really think contacting CNN or yahoo would be a good thing do o. Have you tried?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I was only thinking that maybe we could flood the news, like CNN, telling them about these problems. This would be good to add to the immigrations debate. I really think contacting CNN or yahoo would be a good thing do o. Have you tried?

jenelle2002...no we havent tried yet but we are working on it hope very soon we will..what about you?how long you are in AP?any progress.

Timeline

Can the US gov order them to not issue a visa if they don't want a USC going to Pakistan?

yes they can you never know.other wise its really easy to get pakistani visa without any interview or any objection.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Can the US gov order them to not issue a visa if they don't want a USC going to Pakistan?

No.

They would take the Passport away, see the current news story about Snowden.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

jenelle2002...no we havent tried yet but we are working on it hope very soon we will..what about you?how long you are in AP?any progress.

My husband's AP has only been 3 and a half weeks so far. Nothing compared to how long you all have been waiting. I always read everybody's post and I thought that maybe going to the news would be a good idea. I have no idea how long his AP would be. I was told that even if I submitted his documents for co sponsor later, he would still have AP. They did not tell me why. I have submitted everything, it has been updated, but no response.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

The Pakistan consulate in the US denied you a visa to visit your husband in Pakistan?? I

Yes they denied my visa to Pakistan , and would not even give me a reason. They also hung the phone up on me 2 different times that I called to inquire about my visa and refused to answer emails asking for a status update. This was the Pakistani Consulate in Chicago.. After three months they returned my visa fee , but refused to answer any questions .

Timeline

Yes they denied my visa to Pakistan , and would not even give me a reason. They also hung the phone up on me 2 different times that I called to inquire about my visa and refused to answer emails asking for a status update. This was the Pakistani Consulate in Chicago.. After three months they returned my visa fee , but refused to answer any questions .

Wow! they refunded your visa fee :o I am truly shocked they gave your money back. Masha Allah. Try a different consulate? I got my visa issued from the New York consulate even though my state was not in its jurisdiction. One of the workers there was really helpful and nice and the visa came back in less than a week.

USCIS I-130 Petition for Spouse

September 2012: Filed from abroad to Chicago Lockbox

4 days later: NOA1, Routed to California Service Center

7 days later: Transferred because of new jurisdiction

5 days later: Case Status changed to: Under processing at USCIS office

NOA2 arrived 78 days after NOA1 :)

*I-130 Approval Notice hardcopy finally received in Pakistan, the only notice that arrived.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

haboosh...atleast middle east countries are better than pakistan,they have time frame but here there is no time frame just wait even upto 4 years and even result you never know after waiting will be positive or negative....so usa is punishing the pakistani immigrants with the deep heart..that is the real story.

No one can give you the exact time frame, it's all about your record and also your luck, even here you can wait for longer time it depends.

We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it.
CHE GUEVARA

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

janelle2002..thanks for posting but no one is listening.at the end of interview CO tells that you can get your visa in 3 to 6 months but its just way to say leave the embassy now.i have completed my 10 months in AP,contacted senetor,congressman,embassy and even white house.but they all have standard answer that your case is AP wait for its completion and there is no time frame for that starts from week and goes on to 5 to 10 years.i agree with you the real ones are suffering and the doggy ones are getting there visas.they are just doing it purposely.if everything is ok than why you are not issuing the visas?i dont know where to go for help,as from there side no one is helping..

I suggest to contact DOS:

DOS information: DOS can be contacted Monday through Friday during business hours. You must have all information concerning your case with you so that they can assist you.

Department of State’s visa Information phone number: 202-663-1225

We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it.
CHE GUEVARA

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

I think that would be a good idea. My husband's case has been in AP for 13 months and we have no information. No congressman's office in my state has been able to help us at all. Everytime I call DOS they tell me they think the case should be almost finised in AP, I have been hearing this for 8 months now.

Timeline

I suggest to contact DOS:

DOS information: DOS can be contacted Monday through Friday during business hours. You must have all information concerning your case with you so that they can assist you.

Department of State’s visa Information phone number: 202-663-1225

haboosh...nothing new from DOS always same answer from last 10 months its pending under AP and we are working on it.they never tell you the reality,if they are working than why its taking too long and last time they worked on my case was mid march so its relly useless to call them....

Timeline

I think that would be a good idea. My husband's case has been in AP for 13 months and we have no information. No congressman's office in my state has been able to help us at all. Everytime I call DOS they tell me they think the case should be almost finised in AP, I have been hearing this for 8 months now.

SHUSS..agree with you but for that we have to be large majority to contact with news channel.iam also stuck in AP and completed 10 months in AP,no one is really helping at all started from senetor,congressman,white house and embassy they all have same standard answer pending under AP embassy will contact you upon completion of AP.but you tried to find the reason but they are not telling.so basically we are being punished in AP for nuthing.like we are in prison without any offence.

just keep your hope up and positive your husband will get visa soon,never think negative just be positive and sure.time will come for us

Timeline

SHUSS..agree with you but for that we have to be large majority to contact with news channel.iam also stuck in AP and completed 10 months in AP,no one is really helping at all started from senetor,congressman,white house and embassy they all have same standard answer pending under AP embassy will contact you upon completion of AP.but you tried to find the reason but they are not telling.so basically we are being punished in AP for nuthing.like we are in prison without any offence.

just keep your hope up and positive your husband will get visa soon,never think negative just be positive and sure.time will come for us

in the u.s.a. innocent until proven guilty, outside the u.s.a. guilty guilty guilty!!! until you jump through hoops proving innocence (where's the crime???) I feel treated like a criminal for marrying a Pakistani crying.gif

USCIS I-130 Petition for Spouse

September 2012: Filed from abroad to Chicago Lockbox

4 days later: NOA1, Routed to California Service Center

7 days later: Transferred because of new jurisdiction

5 days later: Case Status changed to: Under processing at USCIS office

NOA2 arrived 78 days after NOA1 :)

*I-130 Approval Notice hardcopy finally received in Pakistan, the only notice that arrived.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Immigration is not a Criminal Law issue.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.