virgo2012

why this AP is only for selected applicants and no sign of any help from anywhere.

128 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Harsh, those terrorists you are talking about, came to the United States with Visitor Visas, or were immigrated to the US years ago. It's okay they are doing their job protecting the US from terrorists and visa scams.

And having the option of not immigrating to the US what is that supposed to mean?. You get married because you want to spend your whole life with that special someone and if she is not willing to move from the US to a different country what would you do?, having the option to say to your heart hey you dumbf*** dont fall in love to a US Citizen.

Let's be serious now... AP is a critical situation, sometimes necessary. But yes it is hard to wait and sometimes you cant just hold your thoughts anymore.

totally agree with you.people who talks rubbish they do the visa scams and blame the real once...

Timeline

It is difficult for most people to understand the agony of a long AP unless they have been through it. Yes you can wait years in AP and still be denied your visa. Some couples can't stand the strain and break up.

As I've said before this is our second time being put in a long AP. The first time we spent 16 months. Our visa was denied. We appealed and won. Our case was sent back to the embassy and right away it was placed in AP again so far for almost 11 months and counting. First we were asked to send fresh documents and a new medical. Later the embassy called and asked for an original birth certificate. Our case has not been updated sense they received the birth certificate.

Everyday I check the ceac website and everyday I experience heartbreak when the status doesn't change. I feel so sorry for those women who have children and are waiting for their babies father to get out of AP. Really all we can do is pray and wait.

Timeline

It is difficult for most people to understand the agony of a long AP unless they have been through it. Yes you can wait years in AP and still be denied your visa. Some couples can't stand the strain and break up.

As I've said before this is our second time being put in a long AP. The first time we spent 16 months. Our visa was denied. We appealed and won. Our case was sent back to the embassy and right away it was placed in AP again so far for almost 11 months and counting. First we were asked to send fresh documents and a new medical. Later the embassy called and asked for an original birth certificate. Our case has not been updated sense they received the birth certificate.

Everyday I check the ceac website and everyday I experience heartbreak when the status doesn't change. I feel so sorry for those women who have children and are waiting for their babies father to get out of AP. Really all we can do is pray and wait.

hello carolynhotstuff thankx for helping all vj members with your expert opinion and suggestions.iam wondering,as you are currently residing there in USA,is there any law or any court where some one can put complain about this AP,as far as iam aware its not a proper law,coz if its a law or compulsory process than it must have some specified duration of time,as it says time period is not predictable than its like a cheating someone that you have to wait but not telling how long?they must have some time period,we dont mind 2 years but atleast we will be sure that outcome will be in particular time.currently we are in a blind boat dont know where we are in sea and where we are going

or other option when you come out of AP and come to USA file a petition against them for wasting a long amount of time for nothing...please help me with this,if you have some knowledge,kindly share with me.........thankx for your kind help...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

For AP there is nothing, you could try a writ of mandamus but it would be both costly and likely ineffective.

Immigration is a 2 way street, I was not expecting to end up in the US, circumstances change. Admittedly AP does not change and I can see it becoming more and more an issue, a factor that needs to be considered in deciding who moves where.

For AP there is nothing, you could try a writ of mandamus but it would be both costly and likely ineffective.

Immigration is a 2 way street, I was not expecting to end up in the US, circumstances change. Admittedly AP does not change and I can see it becoming more and more an issue, a factor that needs to be considered in deciding who moves where.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Boiler I have to disagree with you. I filed a Writ of Mandamus and it was effective for my case. Not only did my case get out of AP I received my NOIR in record time. A Writ of Mandamus is costly if you use an attorney. I did the research and filed without an attorney. My case never made it to court. Once the DOS got my summons they hurried up and finished my case.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

The problem with AP is the thought of priving you are not someone else. In areas with poor record keeping this task gets to be so hard. Nigeria used to rarely see AP and now it see it more and more. First the undie bomber and then the young man with a gym bag of IDs and now that sad thing that happened in the UK. Each event like this adds to the pain legit couples endur.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline

Boiler I have to disagree with you. I filed a Writ of Mandamus and it was effective for my case. Not only did my case get out of AP I received my NOIR in record time. A Writ of Mandamus is costly if you use an attorney. I did the research and filed without an attorney. My case never made it to court. Once the DOS got my summons they hurried up and finished my case.

carolyn iam still waiting for my ealier post answer if you have any idea plz reply me thankx....

i have one more question my wife was with me more than 2 years since we got married we lived togather,now she is really fed up here in pakistan as you know there is shortage of light,gas and water in pakistan i told her that you can go back to usa iam waiting here to finish my AP she is flying in mid of july,now my question is this will it make any problem on my case or its ok and does she need to inform the US embassy islamabad that shes flying back to usa..please help me with this....waiting for ur kind response....

Timeline

There is no Court where you can just complain about AP.

It will not cause a problem if your wife goes back to live in the United States. She may want to give her new address and phone number to the embassy because sometimes they call the petitioner for an interview. Most of the time if they want new documents they will call or email you the beneficiary.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Harsh, those terrorists you are talking about, came to the United States with Visitor Visas, or were immigrated to the US years ago. It's okay they are doing their job protecting the US from terrorists and visa scams.

And having the option of not immigrating to the US what is that supposed to mean?. You get married because you want to spend your whole life with that special someone and if she is not willing to move from the US to a different country what would you do?, having the option to say to your heart hey you dumbf*** dont fall in love to a US Citizen.

Let's be serious now... AP is a critical situation, sometimes necessary. But yes it is hard to wait and sometimes you cant just hold your thoughts anymore.

They have not been entering US just on tourist visa - so you cannot say that only ppl applying for tourist visa needs to go thru AP.

No one is asking to stop falling in love with USC but everyone know there are some pros and cons.

I am not sure how much u are aware but yes that does happen ppl do make a choice, there are ppl who will not get married to perm resident as they are aware it is long and painful process.

Timeline

look man you have to understand the post first and than reply,there is a time limit for everything that starts from minimum to maximum, so you can accept that waiting time,but if you pay for everything and you never know that the particular task has no time limit than its stressing..well in short no one have objection on security checks but with a time limit not forever,but people like u dont understand the situation and felling,so its waste to share with u or reply..but if u ever been or will be in this process than i will ask to u..

Just coz you are paying does not mean that it has to work on your time frame.

You do not understand how different agency have different data, all can / cannot be checked in the given time frame.

You just saw the example of Boston Bomber who was on FBI list and yet he was dropped and no othe agency knew about him, he was immigrant as well.

So don't blame the process blame the ppl who action has lead to this process.

Timeline

carolyn iam still waiting for my ealier post answer if you have any idea plz reply me thankx....

i have one more question my wife was with me more than 2 years since we got married we lived togather,now she is really fed up here in pakistan as you know there is shortage of light,gas and water in pakistan i told her that you can go back to usa iam waiting here to finish my AP she is flying in mid of july,now my question is this will it make any problem on my case or its ok and does she need to inform the US embassy islamabad that shes flying back to usa..please help me with this....waiting for ur kind response....

No it will not effect your case.

I believe when she landed in pak she must have registered with US embassy and it would be something similar where she can let embassy know she is leaving pak.

This has nothing to do with the case but embassy keeps a list of USC in the country and they can take her off that list.

Timeline

Here

The Court of Public Opinion.

Timeline

It will not cause a problem if your wife goes back to live in the United States. She may want to give her new address and phone number to the embassy because sometimes they call the petitioner for an interview. Most of the time if they want new documents they will call or email you the beneficiary.

carolyn sorry to bother you again but you are helpfull....now the problem is this my wife is going to atlanta where her aunty lives and the person(our family friend) who is our co-sponsor lives in NEW YORK where he runs resturants,he sponsored us coz my wife never worked there.he gave us all required documents including job offer and accomodation letter to prove the domicile...now shes is going to atlanta and sponsor belongs to NEW YORK ,will there be any problem or it doesnt make any problem,she can fly to atlanta or she needs to go new york??coz when she get USA she will definitly let the EMBASSY OR DOS know that shes back to USA with .........address in atlanta and .......contact number.................

please i need your help regarding this matter.......................thanks in advance to you and alll who help me with this..

Here

The Court of Public Opinion.

agree with you boiler ,this is a good court atleast we can share our hard times here...thanks for you help aswell...keep posting for us...

Timeline

I can not see a problem with your wife going to Atlanta as long as she lets the embassy or DOS know her new address. They need to know where to send your green card once your visa has been issued and you come to the United States. It doesn't matter where the sponsor lives as long as he lives in the United States.

Your wife can call DOS from Pakistan at 202-663-1225 press 1 then press 0. She can ask them any questions she might have.

If you are in AP over a year the embassy may ask for a new medical, DS230 and affidavit of support from your wife and co-sponsor. They may also ask for proof of domicile again. So once your wife gets to Atlanta she should get ID, a bank account or/and letter from her aunt to show where she is living.

If I am giving you the wrong information I hope someone else will come along and correct me.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.