virgo2012

why this AP is only for selected applicants and no sign of any help from anywhere.

128 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Some of the reason that AP can take so long is that they are running background checks on the American too. When my husband had his second interview they asked him who's name was on the title of my house. My husband said my wife's name is on the title to the house. They said no it's under her ex-husband's name. My husband said she got the house in the divorce and put her name on the title.

The reason I'm telling this story is to say that the embassy looks into a lot of stuff when you are in a long AP. Stuff you would never dream of searching and probing for a reason not to issue the visa. I don't know why some couples get their visa after a 10 minute interview and they decide that other couples should be put through so much and not get theirs.

My husband has been in AP a total of over 2 years. The embassy asked for new documents and his passport and we were so happy thinking we would get the visa yet he still remains in AP. The embassy said they just wanted to update their records. My heart was broken. So even though immigration is not a criminal law issue you still are made to feel like one.

Timeline

Immigration is not a Criminal Law issue.

Wow so our ideas of justice are limited! what a concept!

USCIS I-130 Petition for Spouse

September 2012: Filed from abroad to Chicago Lockbox

4 days later: NOA1, Routed to California Service Center

7 days later: Transferred because of new jurisdiction

5 days later: Case Status changed to: Under processing at USCIS office

NOA2 arrived 78 days after NOA1 :)

*I-130 Approval Notice hardcopy finally received in Pakistan, the only notice that arrived.

Timeline

Some of the reason that AP can take so long is that they are running background checks on the American too. When my husband had his second interview they asked him who's name was on the title of my house. My husband said my wife's name is on the title to the house. They said no it's under her ex-husband's name. My husband said she got the house in the divorce and put her name on the title.

The reason I'm telling this story is to say that the embassy looks into a lot of stuff when you are in a long AP. Stuff you would never dream of searching and probing for a reason not to issue the visa. I don't know why some couples get their visa after a 10 minute interview and they decide that other couples should be put through so much and not get theirs.

My husband has been in AP a total of over 2 years. The embassy asked for new documents and his passport and we were so happy thinking we would get the visa yet he still remains in AP. The embassy said they just wanted to update their records. My heart was broken. So even though immigration is not a criminal law issue you still are made to feel like one.

I know its frustrating! We made those laws for the criminal system because that is the most just way to treat people! The same idea of fairness applies to immigrants! to all humans! It doesn't apply to you only because you had the luck to be born within the borders of the U.S.A. Traveling outside the country and marrying foreigners is not a crime by itself!

Carolyn after all this heartbreak and time of waiting, I really believe that you can only be getting closer to the end. With every hardship there is relief.

USCIS I-130 Petition for Spouse

September 2012: Filed from abroad to Chicago Lockbox

4 days later: NOA1, Routed to California Service Center

7 days later: Transferred because of new jurisdiction

5 days later: Case Status changed to: Under processing at USCIS office

NOA2 arrived 78 days after NOA1 :)

*I-130 Approval Notice hardcopy finally received in Pakistan, the only notice that arrived.

Timeline

Thank you PuppyLove for your kind words. I am feeling very sad this morning. A young Pakistani man just wrote to me and said his visa was issued today after 3 weeks in AP. I am happy for him but so sad for me and my husband and everyone else that has to spend years in AP. They got our documents, medical and passport all by April 25th and they haven't touched our case sense. I am a human being, not a machine. How many more years of my life do they want me to give them. If they are going to deny our visa just do it and let me and my husband come up with plan B. Why do we have to live in constant limbo?

Thank you PuppyLove for your kind words. I am feeling very sad this morning. A young Pakistani man just wrote to me and said his visa was issued today after 3 weeks in AP. I am happy for him but so sad for me and my husband and everyone else that has to spend years in AP. They got our documents, medical and passport all by April 25th and they haven't touched our case sense. I am a human being, not a machine. How many more years of my life do they want me to give them. If they are going to deny our visa just do it and let me and my husband come up with plan B. Why do we have to live in constant limbo?

Hey Carolyn, your not alone. Im feeling just as sad this morning also. I also saw a few cases with visas issued and as you said I feel happy for them; I wish no one has to go through this heartbreaking process as we are going through. We are about to start our 7th month in AP. Never thought it would come this far, but God knows best. Hopefully, the embassy will start to work on our cases also.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Why don't you file a writ of mandamus? Go to news agencies? Try to sue the government? Move to another country? I have not even started this process and I am already hopping mad at it.......

I-130 Sent: 11 November 2013

I-130 1st i-797(NOA-1): 12 November 2013, Vermont (Dis-)Service Center (1 day in transit)

I-130 2nd i-797(NOA-2): 30 May 2014, Vermont (Total Dis-)Service Center (199 days in USCIS hell)

I-30 Received at NVC: 11 June 2014 (11 days in transit)

NVC Case # Assigned: 27 June 2014 (15 days to case number assigned)

DS-261 Completed: 15 July 2014 (18 days to DS-261 available)

AOS Fee Bill Paid: 17 July 2014

AOS Fee Bill Shows "Paid": 22 July 2014

AOS Package Sent Out:23 July 2014

AOS Package Recieved: 28 July 2014

DS-260 Completed: ?

IV Fee Bill Paid: ?

November 2014 USCIS Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aqgp_fafY_R6dFI3cDREc2tNWV9qV09mMzN3WXR2dEE&usp=sharing#gid=3

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

hi, every one.we are all not listing any news from AP process.what is going on .only waiting.i want to ask one question when they start update our cases how many time they update .then take decision .anybody can explaine how many time their cases update until now.any news any update.

Timeline

hi, every one.we are all not listing any news from AP process.what is going on .only waiting.i want to ask one question when they start update our cases how many time they update .then take decision .anybody can explaine how many time their cases update until now.any news any update.

ali2971...bro its really hard to tell that how long this AP will take its really pain and depressing.when they work on your case than its get updated or if you send them email,than they update your case,..wel regarding that how many time they update and make decision its really hard to predict i seen some cases updated like 5 to 6 times and visa issued and some are just updated regularly but no out come,this is my 11th month in AP at the end of interview co said that you get visa in 3 to 6 months but still in AP and my case was updated like more than 40 times but still in AP.so just prey from ALLAH for the best,no one is helping us or tellinh us just be positive and keep your faith strong and positive....

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

dear Thanksgiving answer me every time. i want to ask you during your AP what you learn .may be you travel out side the country that's why they put you in long AP.because i and my wife really do,t have idea after interview these things happens.if i informe before i must make plane to ask them passport back.CO didt lett me he put me in AP he just ask me my passport and tell me every thing is ok. i was thinking may be with in some days i will get back my passport with visa bcz they give me one paper indicate visa express courier service . but later on i Google these thins and realize that this is ###### system .i abusing my wife also she do,t have any knowledge about these things..now she is going to force me to stay at least 2 or 3 months .other wise i must ask CO . if you are issue me visa now ok if not give me my passport back i go back and going business again.now dear friend i am trying to involve my self in social activities.

they didt ask you to give them fresh medical and fresh DS 230 form now bcz you already 11 months . you must ask your wife to contact in USA any official, i can check in my case line category got 10 people under AP last month June they issue 3 visa in my case no line.i realize only CO officer satisfied then he can issue you visa other offical can not like DOS. or senetore

or congress man. did your passport with them until now . 03218171976 ALI ZAMAN

Timeline

dear Thanksgiving answer me every time. i want to ask you during your AP what you learn .may be you travel out side the country that's why they put you in long AP.because i and my wife really do,t have idea after interview these things happens.if i informe before i must make plane to ask them passport back.CO didt lett me he put me in AP he just ask me my passport and tell me every thing is ok. i was thinking may be with in some days i will get back my passport with visa bcz they give me one paper indicate visa express courier service . but later on i Google these thins and realize that this is ###### system .i abusing my wife also she do,t have any knowledge about these things..now she is going to force me to stay at least 2 or 3 months .other wise i must ask CO . if you are issue me visa now ok if not give me my passport back i go back and going business again.now dear friend i am trying to involve my self in social activities.

they didt ask you to give them fresh medical and fresh DS 230 form now bcz you already 11 months . you must ask your wife to contact in USA any official, i can check in my case line category got 10 people under AP last month June they issue 3 visa in my case no line.i realize only CO officer satisfied then he can issue you visa other offical can not like DOS. or senetore

or congress man. did your passport with them until now . 03218171976 ALI ZAMAN

there is no need to say thanks ali as iam also in the same boat and i been and still going through this pain full process.ali brother what i learnt is that never leave yor job,business or other life activities because of AP,because to me its like a gambling as every gambler has its day so you have to carry on what ever you are doing never wait for this unpredictable process,ali as i adviced you in early posts that dont just wait for it carry on what ever you are doing,as i done that stupid mistake of waiting and my uk visa was expired and what ever i saved its about to finish as you know everything is expensive here in pakistan and my wife is also here with me.the first 6 months of AP was like prison i was just thinking about visa and visa and than i felt that my brain is hurting and health is going down so its best to wait thats what iam doing.my wife contacted embassy senator and white house but they all have same standard answer your case is pending in AP embassy will contact your husband upon completion so iam hope less and help less from every side.i think travel history is also big red flag as i also stayed in uk for few years and just returned before interview so in my personal opinion that they have to check everything where ever you traveled or stayed so like they have to do back ground check where ever you lived.see brother ali its not your wifes fault its not in her hand if you read posts on this site you find that no one knows about AP even me and my wife.basically its responsibility of uscis to inform every one all the steps and about ap aswel but they have no time.they havent contacted me yet i think they will soon ask me for the fresh medical and pcc and ds 230 just to keep in the office for expiration,and yes my passport is also with them...

ali brother its goos thing to keep your self busy and dont think too much about AP and yes its good idea wait couple of months hope we all get our visas in this holy month.keep me in your prayers...

Timeline

hello virgo.how are you.happy Ramazan dear. any update .what you doing now a days .month july you listen any update .informe me

hello dear ali happy ramzan to you as wel.nothing yar just waiting,waiting and waiting, no update yet still stuck in AP,hope we will hear good news soon..what about you?any update?

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Harsh chill out dude, who do you think you are? Many people have their wives in admin processing, like me. You think she's gonna terrorize for 72 virgins? Btw it's not virgins, they are sexless, so how can they be virgins? Watch what you say next time, you're so ignorant.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Admin process for females is usually much shorter.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

@boiler

Is this true and if so how do you know. did you hear alot of stories about female cases.

My wife is in AP. They said they need to do some more verification and dats it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.