virgo2012

why this AP is only for selected applicants and no sign of any help from anywhere.

128 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

first of all i appreciate the passion of my fellow country members who are in AP for a long time including Eabbas,soccer player,carolynhotstuff,sajidla,and all those who are in a black hole of AP and me aswel.wel i have completed 8 months in AP and at the end of interview CO told to me and my wife(usc)that everything is ok but we need to do some AP that will be completed in 3 to 6 months.just to clear that we recently celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary and my wife is with me since the begining of process and still we are togather in pakistan.during in AP we used to call DOS every week and email to embassy after every 2 weeks..during AP in 5 month got call from us embassy that have u ever travelled to iraq,saudi or afghanistan,i told the operator that never i only travelled to uk apart from that no where else,i sent them my previous expired passports,than in that month i seen my status got updated every day till end of march than again stop..so to get help from president sent email to them after one month got response that we made inquiry on ur case and found that ur case is pending in AP,embassy will contact u when the process wil complete..it means i got no help from white house...begining of this week again sent email to embassy got response yesterday that ur case is pending in AP,we will contact you when AP is over no time perdiction.....
now i tried every where for help but got no help at all.wel i know we cant do anything to get out of AP its entirely upto them..but after keeping us in AP for years ,we are not sure that we will be approved or not,i seen alot of cases been in ap upto 3 to 4 years result denial....i mean they have to decide within 6 months,that they are going to issue the visa or denial...for there favour they have no law or rule that for the duration of AP....my conlusion is that we cant do anything to them.no help from white house,DOS,senetor or embassy.....its just stressing process.....the only thing that can help us to is prey nuthing else,for pakistanis no one is there to help...only AP is there for them....
sorry for this long post....

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

We have been in AP for 4 months now as well. I see something positive in your situation that I don't have, and many others as well and that is that your wife is with you. Others like myself have to face this black hole like you call this AP with a hurtful, hurtful distance in between. If you have done all that's in your hands, then just pray and continue waiting, and once again remember that at least you are facing it together, we don't have that advantage. We need to count each and every one of our blessings. I really wish I could at least wait, but with him by my side. Stay strong!! Blessings!!!

K-1 I-129F Sent : 2012-04-30

I-129F NOA1 : 2012-05-03

I-129F RFE(s) :NONE!!! Praise GOD!!

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-11-07

NVC Received : 2012-11-13

NVC Left : 2012-11-28

Consulate Received : 2012-12-03

Packet 3 Received : 2012-12-05

Packet 3 Sent : 2012-12-15

Packet 4 Received : 2012-12-20

Interview Date : 2013-01-18

Interview Result : Administrative Review

2013-11-20 Embassy requested new medical, pictures and DS160.2014-02-24 Fingerprints and Oath (But was told AP was still in place).Ceac Status:2014-03-06 Creation date changed and also changed from immigrant to non-immigrant.2014-04-08 and 2014-04-11

Status Updates 2014-04-15 "ISSUED" To God be the glory!!!

2014-04-19 Visa in hand.2014-04-21

POE 2014-06-01 Married!

AOS 2014-07-19 AOS/EAD/AP

Mailed 2014-07-21

NOA 12014-08-18

Biometrics 2014-09-23

EAD/AP Combo Card Received2015-01-03

Received Potencial Interview Waiver Notice2015-05-01

Submitted Service Request2015-05-08 Reponse to Service Request "File is in transit to Washington District office 2015-05-19"

Mailed Renewal of EAD/AP2015-05-26

USCIS Received EAD/AP Applications 2015-06-04

NOA 1 & Biometrics Appointment 2015-06-17

Biometrics 2015-06-09 2nd Service Request (No answer)

2015-07-10 Status of EAD/AP Changed to "Card in production"2015-07-10

3rd Service Request 2015-07-17

Received EAD 2015-07-21

2016-24-07 Still Waiting!!! 2 YEARS!!!!No interview, No Greencard

Filed: Timeline

AP is something that can confuse you, frustrate you, shock you, even irritate you.

Why are we put under AP?

It seems there are vague assumptions that

1. Lack of necessary documents(evidence).

will ask you to send them the additional documents(evidence)

2. "Red flags"

It is a very blurry concept and many people have varieties of interpretation of "red flags".

Typically, travel history, your birth country/region, medical history, etc.

3. When CO feels necessary

There are many guidelines/policies as to whether a CO is able to issue immigrant visa or not to the applicant. We may not be able to read the details of these guidelines/policies/laws.

As to seek help, the White House is actually a great choice because your inquiry would go straight to the top of the administration. However, no authorities are able to directly impact the work of COs since they are working independently from other federal agencies.

U.S. immigration law is very complicated. However, as I heard from so many people, U.S. immigration system is the most sophisticated and is probably the finest.

So let's keep fingers crossed and hope for the best. If there are documents required by the consulate, get them sent to the consulate as soon as possible. Be honest, be confident and be optimistic. The green day will come to you, to all of us, eventually, sooner or later, but hopefully sooner.

now i tried every where for help but got no help at all.wel i know we cant do anything to get out of AP its entirely upto them..but after keeping us in AP for years ,we are not sure that we will be approved or not,i seen alot of cases been in ap upto 3 to 4 years result denial....i mean they have to decide within 6 months,that they are going to issue the visa or denial...for there favour they have no law or rule that for the duration of AP....my conlusion is that we cant do anything to them.no help from white house,DOS,senetor or embassy.....its just stressing process.....the only thing that can help us to is prey nuthing else,for pakistanis no one is there to help...only AP is there for them....
sorry for this long post....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

The two main factors are connection with a T Country and the ease or otherwise for the Consulate to do checks.

It seems Pakistan scores high in both regards, hence the delays.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

We have been in AP for 4 months now as well. I see something positive in your situation that I don't have, and many others as well and that is that your wife is with you. Others like myself have to face this black hole like you call this AP with a hurtful, hurtful distance in between. If you have done all that's in your hands, then just pray and continue waiting, and once again remember that at least you are facing it together, we don't have that advantage. We need to count each and every one of our blessings. I really wish I could at least wait, but with him by my side. Stay strong!! Blessings!!!

Sugheil Nawaz

i know its really hard specially when u been old at the end of interview a time frame of max 3 to 6 months and when u cross that time and get a negative answer that we dont know how long it will take than it really kills..i dont know how they work even ur wife is with u from begining of process to the interview and so on than there is no sign of hope,they know that ur relationship is genuine than what else they want???ALLAH help all those who are in this dark hole......im about to complete my 8 months still no sign of hope....

Timeline

The two main factors are connection with a T Country and the ease or otherwise for the Consulate to do checks.

It seems Pakistan scores high in both regards, hence the delays.

agree with u Boiler,we belong to T country but they take years and years to complete security checks and after 4 years denial..they must decide within one year yes they are going to issue the visa or no,at the end of year ask for fresh medical,pcc and ds 230 ,medical cost alot and it xpires in embassy after another year complete neww medical is due...they need to realise that if they are ready to issue the visa than ask for fresh medical if not than dont waste our money.............i dont know who to complain .no one is there to help us....

Timeline

AP is something that can confuse you, frustrate you, shock you, even irritate you.

Why are we put under AP?

It seems there are vague assumptions that

1. Lack of necessary documents(evidence).

will ask you to send them the additional documents(evidence)

2. "Red flags"

It is a very blurry concept and many people have varieties of interpretation of "red flags".

Typically, travel history, your birth country/region, medical history, etc.

3. When CO feels necessary

There are many guidelines/policies as to whether a CO is able to issue immigrant visa or not to the applicant. We may not be able to read the details of these guidelines/policies/laws.

As to seek help, the White House is actually a great choice because your inquiry would go straight to the top of the administration. However, no authorities are able to directly impact the work of COs since they are working independently from other federal agencies.

U.S. immigration law is very complicated. However, as I heard from so many people, U.S. immigration system is the most sophisticated and is probably the finest.

So let's keep fingers crossed and hope for the best. If there are documents required by the consulate, get them sent to the consulate as soon as possible. Be honest, be confident and be optimistic. The green day will come to you, to all of us, eventually, sooner or later, but hopefully sooner.

NVC

its really killing us no time frame and no surety of visa..even you are in a serious tense..not able to join a company for job coz if u sign a contract u have to think that maybe my visa come in few days....its really depressing and stressing,,,,

AP is killing me :'(

its really killing me aswel,apart from that depressing and stressing.....GOD please help us all who are in AP..give them there visa asap....AMEEN

Filed: Timeline

virgo2012, yes. It is deeply depressing, frustrating, extremely devastating, mind grinding, torturing. However, what we can do is so little except wait. I wish no one had to go through this tough process. But once you get the visa, when you look back, this is only a glimpse of your life and let's all hope it will end soon.

NVC
its really killing us no time frame and no surety of visa..even you are in a serious tense..not able to join a company for job coz if u sign a contract u have to think that maybe my visa come in few days....its really depressing and stressing,,,,

its really killing me aswel,apart from that depressing and stressing.....GOD please help us all who are in AP..give them there visa asap....AMEEN

Timeline

I gree with you NVC, getting ready to send in my IV packet and realistically looking to be put in AP. I might go back to visit her if it takes this long. But just like you said when its all set and done looking back only shows you what the rest of the life will be like. Good luck to all.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Why not?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

agree with u Boiler,we belong to T country but they take years and years to complete security checks and after 4 years denial..they must decide within one year yes they are going to issue the visa or no,at the end of year ask for fresh medical,pcc and ds 230 ,medical cost alot and it xpires in embassy after another year complete neww medical is due...they need to realise that if they are ready to issue the visa than ask for fresh medical if not than dont waste our money.............i dont know who to complain .no one is there to help us....

If you think its waste of your time and money, you have an option not to immigrate to US.

They did not have this kinda rigorous check for any country until they were attacked.

Should you be blaming US for protecting their country and their citizens or should you blame those nut cases out there who think they can kill innocent ppl coz they have been made to believe they will be rewarded with 72 virgins?

The background check takes its time, president, senator or congressman cannot really do much in case of AP, there is a process for a reason.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Harsh, those terrorists you are talking about, came to the United States with Visitor Visas, or were immigrated to the US years ago. It's okay they are doing their job protecting the US from terrorists and visa scams.

And having the option of not immigrating to the US what is that supposed to mean?. You get married because you want to spend your whole life with that special someone and if she is not willing to move from the US to a different country what would you do?, having the option to say to your heart hey you dumbf*** dont fall in love to a US Citizen.

Let's be serious now... AP is a critical situation, sometimes necessary. But yes it is hard to wait and sometimes you cant just hold your thoughts anymore.

"...Come...follow me."

Timeline

If you think its waste of your time and money, you have an option not to immigrate to US.

They did not have this kinda rigorous check for any country until they were attacked.

Should you be blaming US for protecting their country and their citizens or should you blame those nut cases out there who think they can kill innocent ppl coz they have been made to believe they will be rewarded with 72 virgins?

The background check takes its time, president, senator or congressman cannot really do much in case of AP, there is a process for a reason.

look man you have to understand the post first and than reply,there is a time limit for everything that starts from minimum to maximum, so you can accept that waiting time,but if you pay for everything and you never know that the particular task has no time limit than its stressing..well in short no one have objection on security checks but with a time limit not forever,but people like u dont understand the situation and felling,so its waste to share with u or reply..but if u ever been or will be in this process than i will ask to u..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.