2,584 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

after waiting for 6 months seems its just the waste of time to keep waiting for i 130 ...so we have decided to apply for K 3 visa now ..omg :'9

Interview Date is november 18, 2014 :dancing: :goofy: :idea:

:wow:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

maybe i am missing something... NOA date 5/10/13.... and you are at the 6 month mark??

Result: 156 days

It is 156 days from the start date to the end date, but not including the end date

Or 5 months, 3 days excluding the end date

to alaskafan:

had the same thoughts after reading the letter

how can you consider amount of pending petitions, when you have no source and VJ members are (maybe) 10% of all the petitioners...

Okay, here are my $0.02 regarding the letter:

0. Thanks for all the effort and the extent you're going to help with this!

1. Do you maybe want to mention how we got to the estimate of this 88% like make some intro that there is a community gathering statistics of the members, etc.? Because the phrase 'a vast majority (around 88%) of our I-130 petitions filed in March remain un-adjudicated' will undoubtedly lead to a question where we get this info because there's no official statistics by month as far as i'm aware.

2. Speaking of this 88% of March filers: if we take the stats without DCF my calculation shows more than 12% processed, so i'd use a more generic phrasing like 'over 80%'.

3. Just for my understanding: which federal law are you referring to when you say adjudicating those petitions should be their first priority?

Thanks and keep up the good work. smile.png

1. I said in the letter that hundreds of us report NOA1s and NOA2s to each other.... that's the source, and the sample size is statistically significant relative to the overall number of petitions. The data shows a clear change in Feb-March. Before Feb-March, NOA2s were regularly rolling at 90 days. By May, about half of Feb filers had received NOA2s. Then, it just stopped, until now. March never really started.

What changed? Nothing changed with VJ online, as far as I know. Something had to have changed with USCIS. In social science, we call this "exogenous shock" - or a change to a system due to a cause from outside of a system. That is what we saw in June, a prior change at USCIS changed our data patterns here at VJ. When we confronted them about this, we were treated dismissively.

2. I say 'around 88%' - which is true according to VJ data. Look at our graphs of approved I-130s. It looks like a few points higher than 10% to me, definitely below 20%.

3. Immigration and Naturalizaton Act, 201 (b) - and many other places. Standing law generally refers to all law, cases, statutory legislation as well as regulations and in many places, the law acknowledges the precedence of family unification in all immigration matters.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

3. Immigration and Naturalizaton Act, 201 (b) - and many other places. Standing law generally refers to all law, cases, statutory legislation as well as regulations and in many places, the law acknowledges the precedence of family unification in all immigration matters.

we, with i-130 petition for a spouse, do have the precedence according to the law, and don't have to wait for a visa number, but we do not have the precedence among ourselves. With so many I-130 petitions being processed, difficult to know who has the precedence..

arrow.gifUSCIS I-130 Petition: i130_file_yes.gifi130_noa1_yes.gifi130_noa2_yes.gif

we, with i-130 petition for a spouse, do have the precedence according to the law, and don't have to wait for a visa number, but we do not have the precedence among ourselves. With so many I-130 petitions being processed, difficult to know who has the precedence..

you'd think they'd go by the date they receive the files and store them accordingly.. but obviously, it isn't the way it works.

Married March 9, 2013
NOA1 I-130 April 12, 2013

Transferred to TSC Nov 27, 2013
APPROVED March 18, 2014 FINALLY ! ! ! !! 11 MONTHS & 6 LONG DAYS FOR MY NOA2
Case shipped from TSC to NVC March 21, 2014
Rec'd NOA2 hard copy March 22, 2014
Case rec'd & Case Number assigned April 1, 2014
AMAZING !!!
PAID IV and AOS fees online April 5, 2014
Fees show paid/DS 260 avail. /DS260 submitted/AOS&IV pkg sent April 9, 2014
FEDEX delivered @ NVC April 11, 2014
Revised AOS pkg delivered April 15, 2014
AOS & IV rec'd& scanned in @ NVC April 15, 2014
Revised AOS scanned April 18, 2014
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
DS260 accepted April 30, 2014
Checklist for Birth cert/police cert May 1, 2014
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

Birth cert scanned MAY 8, 2014

CASE COMPLETE JUNE 4, 2014 CC letter received via email June 11, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

Waiver finally FedEx'd to Phoenix Lockbox August 21, 2014

WAIVER APPROVED December 17, 2014

Received Instruction Letter via email December 23, 2014

Final Embassy Appointment January 5, 2015 YAY !

Visa ISSUED January 12, 2015

event.png

event.png

I think no..someone posted in the forum of june filers..someone got approved MSC1391294173..

im happy for them but I felt dismay..how come their papers got approval first before others?

June 2 2013 priority date
december 2013 Rfe
february 2014 sent Rfe
March 2014 approved at USCIS
june 2014 NVC received
march 2 2015 sent aos and iv package
march 8 i emailed nvc request to expedite my case
march 13 approved expedite request
march 17 in transit status in CEAC
march 19 case file at US embassy
march 23 first day of medical at Slec
march 29 personal evaluation...passed!
April 6 immunization
april 13 interview at USEM. under Administrative Processing Reason; Medical result was still not forwarded by SLEC.
After my interview i called SLEC they told me they forwarded it at USEM same day of my interview.
July 29 I emailed SLEC to confirm again when did they forwarded my Medical Result at USEM. They replied...forwarded April 13.
July 30 status update date change FINALLY.
September 2015 went in US embassy to withdraw my passport coz I've waited for how many months and no approval yet. Only to find out my case file has been sitting in the corner ...no one reviewed my medical result. to make the story short, I took medical again for the second time , then after a my medical result released, I have my visa on my hands.

October 28 2015 POE Sam Francisco
November 7, 2015 SSN
December 2015... 10 year green card arrived
December 2015 Driver's license issued..yay! <p>

NATURALIZATION N400 SECTION 319B
January 29,2016 Application for N400 section 319b sent at Phoenix AZ
February 1 Priority date
February 9 NOA
February 23 Biometric done, walk in (March 2 original schedule
February 28 Inline for interview
March 30 interview was scheduled
May 4, 2016 INTERVIEW APPROVED

Filed: IR-2 Country: France
Timeline

I think no..someone posted in the forum of june filers..someone got approved MSC1391294173..

im happy for them but I felt dismay..how come their papers got approval first before others?

Do you know if this was an Expedite Procedure? Any special treatment?

If this is true, it is good news for us all!!

06/10/2013 NOA1 I-130 Priority date (NBC @ Overland Park, KS)
07/30/2013 Requested Expedite Procedure via USCIS Hotline
08/15/2013 Sent a letter to the NBC/MSC regarding Expedite

10/15/2013 Case approved, Notice mailed

10/21/2013 Case shipped to the DHS/NVC

11/xx/2013 Received NOA2 hardcopy

0988d859-df57-45d4-b8e7-38ae103df6e9.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Smh now I feel sick...my receipt number is before theirs and I went for expedite also...smh I'm so sad now.

Smh now I feel sick...my receipt number is before theirs and I went for expedite also...smh I'm so sad now.

fd3u1e2o6t.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

In a nutshell, each case is different. For example, a petition from a visa waiver country has less conditions than a petition from a totalitarian/communist country, and the visa waiver country will be approved faster simply because there's less work to do on them.

==========================================================================

K-1 Visa Timeline (Denied, 3 years, 29 days total)

2009-8-21 - K-1 sent

2009-10-27 - NOA1 received
2009-11-22 - Received request for DS-230
2009-11-26 - DS-230 sent
2010-1-22 - NOA2 received, medical check & interview date (2010-2-11)
2010-2-11 - Interview! Received Blue Slip for China Communist Party membership. sad.png
2010-3-26 - RFE sent, written statement explaining disassociation from CCP
2010-7-22 - Sent an inquiry every month starting 7/22, always still in AP
2010-12-1 - Senator Feinstein's official inquiry, still under AP (yep, doesn't help. Immigration > Senator)

(…many monthly inquiries later…)
2012-6-12 - Final interview scheduled (9/18/2012)

2012-9-18 - K-1 was denied. :cry: We could not overcome INA212(A)(3)(d)

CR-1 Visa Timeline (Approved, converted into IR-1, 2 years, 1 month, 29 days)

2012-12-10 - Married in Beijing! <3

2013-5-1 - I-130 sent
2013-5-6 - NOA1 received

2013-12-6 - Case transferred to the TSC

2013-1-9 - (Bogus) RFE received

2013-2-24 - RFE sent

2014-5-2 - NOA2 received

2014-5-6 - Case shipped to NVC

2014-5-14 - Case received at NVC

2014-6-16 - NVC Case Number Assigned

2014-11-15 - NVC Case Complete!

2015-1-6 - Guangzhou Consulate received

2015-1-26 - Interview date!

2015-1-26 - 221(g) denial (again)! :cry: Case being transferred to Washington for a SAO.

2015-5-21 - Consulate e-mailed us and asked for her passport! Approved?

2015-5-23 - Submitted passport to CITIC Bank

2015-6-29 - Passport with visa arrived :dancing:... but expires in 16 days, time to hustle!!!

Filed: Timeline

Any May filer approved yet? I dont think even all Aprils are approved.

Laurel Scott says that there should be drastic drop in i130 processing times for August and later.

They better finish all the May filers before they start August :( ... please please please

Already 5 months over and on 6th month....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I already plan to email a cover letter with a link to the letter, to whitehouse.gov.

The purpose of this letter is not to inform them of what we know they know.

USCIS made decisions that hurt us, and, I believe, that they knew they were going to hurt us. I believe that our difficulties were avoidable. They did not have to choose to hurt us, but they were negligent. That is why they were not forthright with us. They had good reason to mislead us and conceal the facts from u - they knew what was coming.

But they have the power more than anybody else, including the White House, to immediately improve our situation. Yes, the White House has more authority, but the WH has to order USCIS to improve our situation. USCIS can do it themselves, if they so choose.

So, the goal here is to put pressure on them. If they do nothing - and double-down, we'll write another letter and we will spread awareness farther. We will name their names in public, etc. We will do everything that we can to embarrass them. They should not get away with what they have done, and this is a way for us to expose them.

I believe our stories will interest the news, as will USCIS's callous attitude. We just have to organize our efforts the right way. Hopefully, this will work.

Any progress on the letter alaskafan? When are u planning to mail it? Sorry for being so anxious but it's getting so overwhelming and I feel like this is the only hope we have what u r doing thru this letter :( hopefully it will make some difference!

Case filed- 3rd June 2013

NOA1- 6-6-2013

Case transferred to NBC- 12-18-2013

NOA2 finally- 4-23-2014

NVC received- 5-7-2014

Case number- 5-31-2014

DS-261- June 10th!

AOS sent- 3rd july

AOS scanned- 11th July

IV paid- 14th July

DS260 submitted- 17th July

IV sent: 19th July

IV scanned: 24th July

Checklist for AOS: Email received 3rd sept :cry:

Response sent: 7th sept

Checklist scanned: 11th sept

IV approved: 17 sept :dancing:

CASE COMPLETE: 4th nov 2014!!! (AT LAST)

Interview: Dec 8th :dance: :dance:

Filed: IR-2 Country: France
Timeline

+1

Said it many times, but this waiting is beyond RIDICULOUS

06/10/2013 NOA1 I-130 Priority date (NBC @ Overland Park, KS)
07/30/2013 Requested Expedite Procedure via USCIS Hotline
08/15/2013 Sent a letter to the NBC/MSC regarding Expedite

10/15/2013 Case approved, Notice mailed

10/21/2013 Case shipped to the DHS/NVC

11/xx/2013 Received NOA2 hardcopy

0988d859-df57-45d4-b8e7-38ae103df6e9.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.