buddylewis

Can't get a passport to meet fiancee

61 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Here's my dilema. I want to marry a girl who is in the Philippines. I can't get a passport because the Texas Attorney General put me on the "no passport" list because I am behind in my child support. I am making $1,200.00 a month payments and have been paying child support for 23 years. One of the requirements for a K-1 visa is that I meet my fiancee within 2 years of filing for the visa. Since I cannot go to the Philippines to meet my fiancee, or marry her there, is it possible that she could get a K-1 visa to come to the U.S. to meet me, or marry me here?

It says explicitly on the instructions that one requirement for applying for a K-1 visa is to have met in person within 2 years of the application date.

So either you will have to pay up to get the passport or get her to come to the US on a visitor's visa.

Edited by Leon & Mylen

barata-gif-3.gif

During her intrview with the USEM for tourist visa just make her sure she's not going to tell the consul about the plans of marrying you once she got there. Automatically she will be denied.

AOS/EAD/AP

10/03/13 - package sent to Chicago Lockbox

10/07/13 - package received by S. Rodriguez

10/10/13 - Email Notification for AOS/EAD/AP

10/19/13 - NOA1 EAD

11/07/13 - BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT

11/16/13 - USCIS Status for I-485: Testing and Interview

12/03/13 - USCIS Status for I-131 AP - Approved / USCIS Status for I-485 - Card/ Document Production

01/07/14 - INTERVIEW @ 1:00pm, USCIS Hagatna Guam -APPROVED

01/08/14 - Card Production Ordered

01/09/14 - Register Permanent Status

01/14/14 - For Delivery with USPS Tracking No.

1/24/14/ - GC on hand

ROC I-751

10/09/15 - Eligible for ROC

10/21/15 - I-751 Packet mailed via USPS (2 day Priority Mail)

10/23/15 - Delivered to USCIS California Service Center

10/27/15 - $590 charged to account.

10/29/15 - received NOA dated 10/23/15

11/06/15 - Biometrics received for 11/18/15 appointment

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

First of all Im sorry to hear about this.

The best option is to pay what you have to pay so you can get passport and visit her here, getting US tourist visa is difficult. And as far as I know marrying using tourist visa in US is a red flag. idea9dv.gif

By the way, how can you able to visit her here if you cant even pay your child support? Know your priorities.good.gif

Good Luck!

Nothing in this world worth having comes easy.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

It's actually visa fraud and can result in a lifetime ban

Nope

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

It has been covered many many times.

And is irrelevant to this thread.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Correct me on this please.... I thought giving child support is only if your child is 18 and below. But this man is supporting more than 23 years? So your child/children are more than the age for support? How long can a man give child support then?

AOS sent - 04/03/2016

AOS rc'd - 04/06/2016

Txt Message - 04/22/2016

NOA Hard Copy - 04/25/2016

Biometric Sched - 05/10/2016

Re-take Biometric - 06/07/2016

RFE on EAD - 06/29/2016 [case status online]

Rc'd RFE letter on mail - 07/05/2016

RFE docs mailed back - 07/05/2016

EAD was APPROVE! - 07/13/2016

EAD Card on hand - 07/19/2016

Card for i-485 is being produced. No interview = 08/26/2016

NOW WAITING FOR I-485

08/04/2016 = RFE

CARD ON HAND!!

SSN

07/25/2016 = Filed...Still waiting til date :(

08/25/2016 - SSN on hand

Correct me on this please.... I thought giving child support is only if your child is 18 and below. But this man is supporting more than 23 years? So your child/children are more than the age for support? How long can a man give child support then?

There could be multiple children?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.