spookyturtle

Tamerlan Tsarnaev, Suspected Boston Bomber, May Not Get Islamic Funeral From Wary Muslims

204 posts in this topic

According to Marvin, these guys would've been noticed in a heartbeat if they were the "wrong" color.

profiling is basically second nature for americans, especially when it comes to suspected 'terror' attacks. really has nothing to do with how muslims wish to be perceived, deserved to be perceived or perpetually playing the victim card.

profiling is basically second nature for americans, especially when it comes to suspected 'terror' attacks. really has nothing to do with how muslims wish to be perceived, deserved to be perceived or perpetually playing the victim card.

Muslims come from all races. And are hardly a monolithic group possessed of the same exact beliefs and religious practices.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

What do you mean by profiling? I'll use an example, not a factual one. Let's say that 98% of certain crimes were committed by one group of people. Would it be profiling to look at that group of people when that crime was committed?

This is merely hypothetical.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

What do you mean by profiling? I'll use an example, not a factual one. Let's say that 98% of certain crimes were committed by one group of people. Would it be profiling to look at that group of people when that crime was committed?

This is merely hypothetical.

what i mean by profiling?..when someone says - there's a terrorist on the loose in the neighborhood! who are the majority of americans looking for?

hypothetically speaking if a crime is committed and there is no physical description available - best to keep all options open.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

How many "Muslim" terrorists do most Muslim encounter on a daily basis? In contrast, how many bigoted, hateful, arrogant non-Muslims do most Muslims encounter on a daily basis?

your right we don't encounter "Muslim" terrorist on a daily basis at least i don't think we do, one never knows because of how well some of them can hide what they really are......and we are in contact with unlimited amount of bigoted, hateful, arrogant non-Muslims on a daily basis.(and i know this because they never try to hide what they are)...but its the "Muslim" terrorists that need to be stopped ........the bigots are not the ones bringing the violence and destruction...no matter how many times we condemn what the terrorist has done it doesn't matter one little bit to the bigots.....its the terrorist that believe what they are doing has anything to do with Islam that has to be stopped and that comes with education.....

just my opinion

sara

Muslims come from all races. And are hardly a monolithic group possessed of the same exact beliefs and religious practices.

of course. same as christians.

Timeline

what i mean by profiling?..when someone says - there's a terrorist on the loose in the neighborhood! who are the majority of americans looking for?

hypothetically speaking if a crime is committed and there is no physical description available - best to keep all options open.

Agree that it's best for the police to keep all options open. The general public are not the police.

Agree that it's best for the police to keep all options open. The general public are not the police.

so it's okay for the general public to run with false assumptions? no harm no foul?

cops are general public, their minds don't operate on a separate higher plane than the rest of us..

How do you know that?

Because the SA kid who was running away just like every one else, what was he doing that warranted him being tackled?

I think I'll convert to an oppressed religion, since I can't really change my race. Then when something bad happens to me, I can go running around blaming it on the way people treat me because of my religion. Seems like a good way to avoid personal responsibility or avoid facing facts.

Sorry Karee, you already belong to a group that never have to claim responsibilty for anything. If someone commits a brutal crime, it's a mental problem. It will never affect you as a whole race.

According to Marvin, these guys would've been noticed in a heartbeat if they were the "wrong" color.

This is always the case, think about it. The first APB that went out was what? Dark skinned male, now why would they say that?

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Timeline

so it's okay for the general public to run with false assumptions? no harm no foul?

cops are general public, their minds don't operate on a separate higher plane than the rest of us..

Cops are not general public in the context of my statement. That's why I singled them out. The public makes general assumptions all the time. They think Justin Bieber is a great singer and Kim Kardashian has a great a$. People are stupid. What can I tell you? My point is this, let's say it rains 95% of the time in a certain area. It is human nature to assume it might rain today. You might be wrong, but chances are you'll be right.

ETA: Look, in a perfect world nobody would be profiled for anything. It's human nature though. In the words of the great Run DMC, "It's like that, and that's the way it is"

Edited by Karee

Cops are not general public in the context of my statement. That's why I singled them out. The public makes general assumptions all the time. They think Justin Bieber is a great singer and Kim Kardashian has a great a$$. People are stupid. What can I tell you? My point is this, let's say it rains 95% of the time in a certain area. It is human nature to assume it might rain today. You might be wrong, but chances are you'll be right.

i don't understand your point as related to the topic at hand. predicting local weather and mainstream pop culture..?

Cops are not general public in the context of my statement. That's why I singled them out. The public makes general assumptions all the time. They think Justin Bieber is a great singer and Kim Kardashian has a great a$$. People are stupid. What can I tell you? My point is this, let's say it rains 95% of the time in a certain area. It is human nature to assume it might rain today. You might be wrong, but chances are you'll be right.

It's called institutionalized racism. Look at the facts from this case; before they had any suspects or even a motive, the kid for Saudi Arabia was tackled and questioned. Why? Because he "looks" like a terrorist. He was innocent, but he was targeted because in the minds of most of America, he's what terrorists look like. The "dark skinned male" suspect, I'm still trying to figure out how this came into play, maybe the camera angle or the clothing, I hope. The split second these guys were identified, they made sure Islam is in the forefront, forget that one is a white american and the other is russian(also white). See how quick race is denounced when it's a white person who pulles the trigger.

If you want equal treatment for all people, then look at everyone the same, don't assume the non-white person next to you is the culprit.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Every time there's a school shooting, people assume its a white goth kid(s) that got picked on a bunch and didn't have any friends.

Edited by GandD