ChuckM

AOS Question, What exactly to include

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

I am getting ready to send of the AOS for my new wife. We need to include 2 passport pictures for the i-485, but the instructions for the I-131 and I-765 also ask for pictures and other information such as copy of the I-94 to be included with these applications. Do I need to then send a total of 6 pictures and multipe copies of the supporting forms for each of the I-485, I-131 and I-765 forms?

Thank you

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Do I need to then send a total of 6 pictures and multipe copies of the supporting forms for each of the I-485, I-131 and I-765 forms?

Thank you

Yes, the packets are split up and processed separately and each needs its own supporting evidence.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

good thing i read this as i didnt know the other form needs supporting docs

Edited by @@mirpeArL

Peårl £ûvs «Aåmïr»

Here is the guide I am using from the VJ website

AOS Guide for K1

so the I-765, Application for Employment Authorization is to be send in separately right? Not included in the AOS packet right?

Peårl £ûvs «Aåmïr»

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

No, it can be included in the same packet as the I-485(AOS). I am also sending the Advance Parole(I-131). No idea if my wife will use it, but if she needs to return back to Iran for something, I want to be prepared. If you read the instruction closely on the I-765 and I-131, there are instructions specifically for filing these forms with the I-485.

I hope this helps. I should have mine in the mail by mid-week. I need to get some more pictures on Monday. My wife is so bored at home right now and wants to begin working as soon as she can so I want to get that work authorization soon.

If you have any questions please let me know and I will see if I can help.

so the I-765, Application for Employment Authorization is to be send in separately right? Not included in the AOS packet right?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

All in the same package.

USCIS [*] 22 Nov. 2011 - I-129 package sent; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - Package delivered; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - NOA1/petition received and routed to the California Service Center; [*] 30 Nov. 2011 - Touched/confirmation though text message and email; [*] 03 Dec. 2011 - Hard copy received; [*]24 April 2012 - NOA2 (no RFEs)/text message/email/USCIS account updated; [*] 27 April 2012 - NOA2 hard copy received.

NVC [*] 14 May 2012 - Petition received by NVC ; [*] 16 May 2012 - Petition left NVC.

EMBASSY [*] 18 May 2012 - Petition arrived at the US Embassy in Bucharest; [*] 22 May 2012 - Package 3 received; [*] 24 May 2012 - Package sent to the consulate, interview date set; [*] 14 June 2012 - Interview date, approved.

POE [*] 04 July 2012 - Minneapolis/St.Paul. [*] 16 September 2012 - Wedding Day!

AOS/EAD/AP [*] 04 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package sent; [*] 07 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package delivered; [*] 12 February 2013 - NOA1 text messages/emails; [*] 16 February 2013 - NOA1 received in the regular mail; [*] 28 February 2013 - Biometrics letter received (appointment date, March 8th); [*] 04 March 2013 - Biometrics walk-in completed (9 out of 10 fingerprints taken, pinky would not give in); [*] 04 April 2013 - EAD/AP card approved; [*] 11 April 2013 - Combo card sent/tracking number obtained; [*] 15 April 2013 - Card delivered.

[*] 15 May 2013 - Moved from MN to LA; [*] 17 May 2013 - Applied for a new SS card/filed an AR-11 online (unsuccessfully), therefore called and spoke to a Tier 2 and changed the address; [*] 22 May 2013 - Address updated on My Case Status (finally can see the case numbers online); [*] 28 May 2013 - Letter received in the mail confirming the change of address; [*] 31 July 2013 - Went to Romania; [*] 12 September 2013 - returned to the US using the AP, POE Houston, everything went smoothly; [*] 20 September 2013 - Spoke to a Tier2 and put in a service request; [*] 23 September 2013 - Got "Possible Interview Waiver" letter (originally sent on August, 29th to my old address, returned and re-routed to my current address); [*] 1 October 2013 - Started a new job.

event.png

Trying to get the word out about our struggles:

http://voices.yahoo.com/almost-legal-citizen-but-not-quite-12155565.html?cat=9

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

ONE big envelope sent to Chicago lockbox. :thumbs:

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

All 3 are sent together at the same time to the Chicago Lockbox address listed in the I-485 instructions. No fee for the I-765 and I-131 when filed with a pending I-485 so the total is $1070 for all 3 forms.

Check this guide by a VJ member. It lists all the documents you need for each form and is easy to follow> http://www.visajourn...-list-included/

Edited by Jay-Kay

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Country: Colombia
Timeline

Here is the guide I am using from the VJ website

AOS Guide for K1

I just mailed our AOS package yesterday! Simply follow the guide posted above. Be sure to look at the example forms as you start to prepare the actual forms, they are an invaluable source of help! You will see what I mean once you start the process of actually entering data. Good luck (it took me 3 months but glad its off my shoulders).

:thumbs:

--------------------------------K-1----------------------------
October 1, 2011 Mailed I-129F Application
October 7, 20122 Notice Date of NOA 1
February 15, 2012 Received Hard Copy of Approved NOA 2
March 8, 2012 Rec email Pacs 3/4 US Embassy in Bogota
March 29, 2012 Scheduled Interview
June 7, 2012 Interview APPROVED!

------------------------------Arrival @ LAX-----------------------------
July 27, 2012 Arrived POE @ LAX
October 21, 2012 Married (L) (L)

------------------------------AOS----------------------------------
April 20, 2013 Mailed AOS package

April 29, 2013 AOS NOA

May 22, 2013 Biometric date

June 7, 2013 NOA, rec. interview date for 7-16-13

June 18, 2013 EAD/AP Approved

June 29, 2013 Rec. in mail EAD/AP combo card

July 8, 2013 AOS process on HOLD, interview canceled unsure.png as wife returned to Colombia on medical emergency!

Oct. 17, 2013 AOS Interview re-schedule to November 20, 2013

Nov. 1, 2013 Rec. Notice from USCIS that 11-20-13 interview "due to unforseen circumstances" has been CANCELED. girlwerewolf2xn.gif

December 18, 2013 Rec. notice that AOS interview has been re-scheduled for January 17, 2014 (we will see)

January 17, 2014 Interview and AOS was APPROVED! dancin5hr.gif

January 27, 2014 Received GREEN CARD in mail! kicking.gif

-----------------------ROC----------------------

December 23, 2015 ROC Mailed I-751 to CSC

December 30, 2015 ROC NOA1

January 25, 2016 ROC Bio appointment

May 26, 2016 Approved!

June 4, 2016 - Received 10-year PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD in mail! :thumbs:

-----------------------CITIZENSHIP------------------

November 16, 2016 Mailed

November 19, 2016 NOA date

December 13, 2016 Biometrics

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Great... now I am sure we will get a RFE :(

We sent only the I-485 and EAD app but my husband didn't want to send in the AP form, he didn't think he would need it because the form asked for 'planned travel dates'. But we sent in the Cashiers check for $1070.00 for two forms only (AOS and EAD), I wonder if they will send the whole packet back since the check is made out for amount of the three forms instead of two?

Also we only enclosed two photos for the AOS and didn't realize we had to have two more photos for the EAD!

*sigh*... :o

“The moon is at her full, and riding high, floods the calm fields with light. The airs that hover in the summer sky are all asleep tonight.” ~William C. Bryant

Click HERE for our complete K-1 visa journey timeline.

Happily Married: December 1, 2012

AOS Journey:
Filing Date: 4/15/2013

NOA1: 4/23/2013

Received RFE: 5/13/2013 (We forgot to include proof of citizenship of co-sponsor)

Mailed our response to the RFE: 5/15/2013 (We sent the co-sponsor's U.S. birth certificate)

Biometrics Appointment: 5/20/13

EAD: arrived 6/24/13

AOS: APPROVED! No interview! Approval (NOA-1 letter)Date: 9/24/2013

2 year conditional green card received 09/2013.

10 year permanent residency approved 2016.

<3 Baby girl born February 2015 <3

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

The $1070 fee is for the I-485. The EAD and AP application fees are waived when you file with your AOS. So all you needed was $1070...whether it is for just the AOS or all 3. You will probably get an RFE for the missing photos in your EAD application.

And you can still send in the AP form if you want without having to pay the fee. Simply include a copy of your NOA from your I-485.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I sent mine today .. with just AOS and my EAD.. meaning i send 4 photo... I am glad this is off my shoulder and please people.. the most important thing to do which help you and the uscis is make sure you put your cover letter in your filling form .. to make you work near and arranged properly.. thanks..

Dotnat44

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

The $1070 fee is for the I-485. The EAD and AP application fees are waived when you file with your AOS. So all you needed was $1070...whether it is for just the AOS or all 3. You will probably get an RFE for the missing photos in your EAD application.

And you can still send in the AP form if you want without having to pay the fee. Simply include a copy of your NOA from your I-485.

Oh thanks for this info! :thumbs:

I sent mine today .. with just AOS and my EAD.. meaning i send 4 photo... I am glad this is off my shoulder and please people.. the most important thing to do which help you and the uscis is make sure you put your cover letter in your filling form .. to make you work near and arranged properly.. thanks..

Yes luckily I also did a cover letter for the entire packet!

I just wished that we included 4 photos instead of only two for the two forms!

“The moon is at her full, and riding high, floods the calm fields with light. The airs that hover in the summer sky are all asleep tonight.” ~William C. Bryant

Click HERE for our complete K-1 visa journey timeline.

Happily Married: December 1, 2012

AOS Journey:
Filing Date: 4/15/2013

NOA1: 4/23/2013

Received RFE: 5/13/2013 (We forgot to include proof of citizenship of co-sponsor)

Mailed our response to the RFE: 5/15/2013 (We sent the co-sponsor's U.S. birth certificate)

Biometrics Appointment: 5/20/13

EAD: arrived 6/24/13

AOS: APPROVED! No interview! Approval (NOA-1 letter)Date: 9/24/2013

2 year conditional green card received 09/2013.

10 year permanent residency approved 2016.

<3 Baby girl born February 2015 <3

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.