MyLittlePony

Stop Amnesty

202 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

They are criminals they do not belong here they dont deserve nothing USA owes them nothing.

If their only crime is migrating to the U.S. to look for work, I don't think of them as criminals. Did your ancestors get a visa when they came to the U.S.?

What would Xenu do?

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

If their only crime is migrating to the U.S. to look for work, I don't think of them as criminals. Did your ancestors get a visa when they came to the U.S.?

i demand a refund not fair to the ones who went the legal path.

Edited by big dog

i demand a refund not fair to the ones who went the legal path.

I feel your pain, as I'm taking the legal path too, and I'm doing it for my fiancee and four kids, so it's going to cost me over $10,000 with the AOS, Interview, plane tickets, etc. factored in.

But try to remember that you were (I suppose) born in a wealthy country. That was pure luck. Some people aren't as lucky. If they want to migrate, they are trying to make it, and help their families. Try to look at them in a more compassionate light.

What would Xenu do?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

i don't recall there being any when the mayflower unloaded.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

i don't recall there being any when the mayflower unloaded.

My point exactly!

When a country of immigrants tries too hard to control immigration, it becomes a country of hypocrites.

In reminds me of online gaming, almost.

Do the seasoned veterans really have to pwn the immigration n00bs?

I wonder where the majority of Native Americans stand on these types of issues.

Edited by duraaraa

What would Xenu do?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I wonder where the majority of Native Americans stand on these types of issues.

Well we didn't listen to them then, why should we start now?

But really, if the only crime is people trying to come here for a better future for themselves and their children - how are we demonizing them for that when our ancestors all came here for the same reason? Is it more complicated than "just clear them", well, duh. We have taxes, security, etc. to consider, but what else, as a human society, should we do? Send these people back to war-torn or violent countries where they can't even drink the water? When you have thousands of people risking lives and limbs to jump on trains crossing the border, you have to acknowledge the desperation and good intent of these people. They aren't trying to con us out of our jobs or our homes - they sacrifice everything to come here, to work jobs we won't consider taking, to live in dangerous or poor neighborhoods, to sacrifice all of their workers' rights and legal protections to try and make things better.

Is it frustrating to consider amnesty when we are going through the costly and extensive legal process? Of course it is. Selfishly, I am annoyed. But my fiance and I can afford to go through the process and I am not fearing for his safety or his future while we wait. I bemoan the separation, but how can I compare our situation to the people who risk everything and give up their human rights for a shot at opportunity?

I am the USC/petitioner.

Our K-1 Journey
12/19/2012 - Mailed I-129F via USPS Express
12/21/2012 - I-129F arrives in Lewisville, TX according to USPS tracking (delayed because it's the USPS)
12/21/2012 - NOA1 date of receipt
12/26/2012 - NOA1 received via text/email
12/27/2012 - Checked cashed by USCIS
12/31/2012 - Alien Number changed (NOA1 hardcopy in post, but was away for 2 weeks prior)

05/16/2013 - NOA2 received via text/email

05/20/2013 - NOA2 hardcopy received in post

05/28/2013 - NVC receives packet and assigns London case number

07/15/2013 - Sent all paperwork/medical complete

08/23/2013 - Receive Interview Date

09/19/2013 - Interview

The hell with laws! Let's abandon all of them! Make crime pay!! Let's really bust everyone's balls who immigrates legally!! ANY person who has gone through the process legally should be appalled at amnesty. You know who you are. Shame on you.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I see we have a do-gooder in our midst. They broke the law. The mayflower comparison doesn't fly. Do you reward bank robbers and drunk drivers with govt. Benefits? You want to help out poor people in other countries? Take that 10k and build some businesses in Mexico. I can't believe anyone that is going through, or has gone through this process could even support rewarding someone who took an illegal short cut. They are criminals who broke the law.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

My point exactly!

When a country of immigrants tries too hard to control immigration, it becomes a country of hypocrites.

the point being there wasn't a country back then that issued visas. there is now.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

I see we have a do-gooder in our midst. They broke the law. The mayflower comparison doesn't fly. Do you reward bank robbers and drunk drivers with govt. Benefits? You want to help out poor people in other countries? Take that 10k and build some businesses in Mexico. I can't believe anyone that is going through, or has gone through this process could even support rewarding someone who took an illegal short cut. They are criminals who broke the law.

I'm going through this process (got my NOA2 just last week), and it makes me want for immigration to be easier.. No country I have ever gone to has made it as hard for me to get into as the U.S. has made it on the people I love.

Anyway, to counter your point about bank robbers and drunk drivers, I guess we do give them benefits... they get to go to jail, get free food, etc. But on a more serious note, immigration crimes are generally victimless crimes. I think that with no victim, there is no crime. These people are just pursuing happiness.

What would Xenu do?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I'm with you there. We should give them the benefit of a long prison stay, followed by deportation.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.