gattonero71

K-1 Fiancee Visa lawyer

31 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi, I'd like to find a lawyer for obtaining a Fiancee Visa for my fiancee who lives in Morocco. I live in New York and the fees are very high, but I noticed that the lawyer fees in other near states (like Connecticut or New Jersey) are much lower. Is it better to work with a lawyer from where I live? Can the lawyer make the difference for the case? Is Morocco a difficult country for immigration? Thank you !!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Unless you have some really complicated circumstances, pretty much everyone on this site would advise you not to get a lawyer and just do it yourself.

You can follow the guides on this site to apply, it's not very hard at all and you would save yourself a ton of money:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

A lawyer cannot guarantee a visa, and they're pretty much a glorified form-filling service as all they can really do is fill out the forms for you (and maybe offer you some advice, which you can pretty much get for free here). A lawyer cannot expedite the processing, and a lawyer cannot make your interview go any easier or convince them to give a visa.

As for Morocco, sorry I have no idea how the consulate there is. You might want to check the reviews of the consulate interviews here or maybe someone with experience there can help you out:

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Morocco

1/4/13 - I129-F Sent | 1/8/13 - Received by USCIS
1/10/13 - NOA1 to VSC | 1/11/13 - Text/Email | 1/17/13 - Hard Copy Received
1/16/13 - Alien Registration Number changed
5/24/13 or 5/29/13 - Case Transferred to TSC
7/2/13 - NOA2 from TSC! (173 days from NOA1) | 7/6/13 - Hard Copy Received
7/18/13 - Shipped to NVC | 7/26/13 - Received at NVC and case number assigned
7/29/13 - In transit to consulate | 7/31/13 - Received by consulate
8/20/13 - Medical - Passed | 8/21/13 - Interview - Approved!
8/28/13 - Passport with visa ready to pickup from courier
10/17/13 - POE - JFK
10/28/13 - Applied for SSN and marriage license | 11/2/13 - SS card received
11/21/13 - Wedding

12/30/13 - I485/I765/I131 Sent | 1/2/14 - Received by USCIS
1/3/14 - NOA1 to NBC | 1/16/14 - Hard Copy Received
2/4/14 - Biometrics
3/7/14 - AP and EAD approved!
3/11/14 - AP/EAD card mailed | 3/14/14 - Received
4/10/14 - Interview Waiver letter
6/16/14 - Approved! | 6/21/14 - GC Received

5/2/16 - I-751 Sent | 5/5/16 - Received by USCIS
5/6/16 - NOA1 to VSC
6/14/16 - Biometrics

4/19/17 - Approved! | 4/22/17 - Letter received | 5/4/17 - GC Received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Morocco is a very difficult embassy because of fraud to get green cards. Come to the Morocco forum and start reading past posts and you will learn a lot! Every couple has a different story with different hurdles to overcome. Some cases have red flags to overcome, such as engagement or marriage after only one meeting. A large age difference between the couple , especially if the woman is older. I learned a lot from just reading, wish I had found this site before I applied in 2010 for our fiance visa, its 2013 and we are now married and at the interview stage again !! Thats our case, some are much smoother than others..best thing to learn is how to front load your petition with proof , proof and more proof to show your relationship is bona fide. Photos, proof of visits (plane tickets, passport stamps), chat logs, phone records.

The time to do the hard work is before you apply. The consulate in Morocco does not (usually) accept any proof from the beneficiary at the time of interview and seems to have their decision to approve or deny before your fiancee has even walked into the building. Good luck , ask questions and learn all you can here! You don't need a lawyer unless your fiance has prior issues . If you do decide to hire a lawyer , you can use one from any state just do your research because I've read of people paying and then their lawyer disappears or they just plain don't do anything for them.

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Morocco is a very difficult embassy because of fraud to get green cards. Come to the Morocco forum and start reading past posts and you will learn a lot! Every couple has a different story with different hurdles to overcome. Some cases have red flags to overcome, such as engagement or marriage after only one meeting. A large age difference between the couple , especially if the woman is older. I learned a lot from just reading, wish I had found this site before I applied in 2010 for our fiance visa, its 2013 and we are now married and at the interview stage again !! Thats our case, some are much smoother than others..best thing to learn is how to front load your petition with proof , proof and more proof to show your relationship is bona fide. Photos, proof of visits (plane tickets, passport stamps), chat logs, phone records.

The time to do the hard work is before you apply. The consulate in Morocco does not (usually) accept any proof from the beneficiary at the time of interview and seems to have their decision to approve or deny before your fiancee has even walked into the building. Good luck , ask questions and learn all you can here! You don't need a lawyer unless your fiance has prior issues . If you do decide to hire a lawyer , you can use one from any state just do your research because I've read of people paying and then their lawyer disappears or they just plain don't do anything for them.

Thanks so much for the reply...I feel a little scared now :blink: ..I met my fiancee once in person but I am planning to see him another time before starting the application . Also we speak almost every day on Skype, but how can I prove that? ...also my fiancee and I are 5 years difference, I am older.. is it a red flag ?

:thumbs:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I'll suggest a coupla things, maybe (maybe...) help you to decide whether you need an attorney or not.

a. read the VJ guides. map the steps out on paper and pencil. See if anything doesn't make sense to you.

b. Read the USCIS web portal about the forms. Map out the steps on paper and pencil. See if anything doesn't make sense to you.

c. Practice filling out the forms, at least 5 times. See if anything still doesn't make sense to you.

d. Have any red flags? Practice writing up attestation letters about each red flag.

Now, after doing (with major emphasis on DOING ) all of the above, if you do NOT understand the forms and the process and potential red flags for your petition,

then I'd suggest getting a good IMMIGRATION lawyer. You are concerned with time, I am concerned with your 'knowledge acquisition', as knowledge is power. You can have 'it' good, fast or cheap - pick 2.

Welcome to VJ, btw - this is a GREAT DIY Immigration Web Portal, with emphasis on 'Y', and 'D'.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi, I'd like to find a lawyer for obtaining a Fiancee Visa for my fiancee who lives in Morocco. I live in New York and the fees are very high, but I noticed that the lawyer fees in other near states (like Connecticut or New Jersey) are much lower. Is it better to work with a lawyer from where I live? Can the lawyer make the difference for the case? Is Morocco a difficult country for immigration? Thank you !!!!!

Hello ...

I found my lawyer searching on google, He is honest and I like to work with him...

Since you are honest with him, talk with him about all your fears and what problem you have on your case... He will tell how to avoid problems, help you with all the information you need on your case and work together, every step your case he will keep contact with you...You can see his fees on his web site...

And the most important thing to me is that he always answer our emails and when my husband call him... He attend the call.

http://www.deanvisaoffice.com/index.htm

I like him very very much...

rBHLm8.png

6VHxm8.png

Thanks so much for the reply...I feel a little scared now :blink: ..I met my fiancee once in person but I am planning to see him another time before starting the application . Also we speak almost every day on Skype, but how can I prove that? ...also my fiancee and I are 5 years difference, I am older.. is it a red flag ?

I would say that there is nothing to be scared about. I submitted my husband's visa CR-1 petition prior knowing about this resourceful website. So you are at an advantage to have this great resource to use. Read up and you will do fine.

Remember everyone's situation is different and IMHO I would read other peoples's experience with a grain of salt but of course study up and be proactive in finding out what is needed for the process.

As for age difference being a red flag, I find that statement stereotypical & even prejudice. Love between two people has no age limit as long as two consenting adults (legal age) to be in a committed relationship.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

5 yr age difference is not a red flag. Discriminating about a big age difference is one of the things unfortunately that raises a problem in Casablanca. Its not right but many of us can attest to setbacks because of a 10+ age difference and it's not within cultural norm for Morocco. Darnell has some great advice, start reading and listing. You have the advantage of finding this site before filing, lucky you! Don't be scared just be knowledgeable!

Hello!

My fiance and I actually went through with a lawyer. We used Lawrence R. Holmes. http://www.kvisas.com You can find them on this website!

They are very, very helpful if you aren't sure what to do or where to start. My fiance and I had no idea where to start and we heard so many things like people getting their papers sent back because of small mistakes and wasted time because USCIS takes awhile to respond back and then sometimes it'll take a month+ for them to tell you you need to redo your paper or you forgot to send something that is important, etc.

You CAN file for the visa by yourself and without the help of a lawyer, but it does make it easier to have a lawyer helping you.

Basically, they just help you and make sure you filled everything out properly, are sending out all the information and papers that you need to be sending,

and they help to prevent you from getting your papers sent back to you due to errors, etc.

Many people who do the fiancé visa on their own sometimes send out their papers and end up waiting a month for the USCIS to receive it and then end up waiting another month just to get it sent back due to small mistakes. But if you do want to do it without the lawyer, just be very careful and look at many examples online and also double check your papers before sending it in and make sure you're sending EVERYTHING that you need to send.

Gathering all the necessary info and documents can be a hassle and sometimes some might slip your mind so always double check! With the lawyer, they will give you a full list of everything you need, and you can send it to them little by little and they'll always make sure you have everything that you need.

The lawyer service I went through has been really helpful to me and they make me feel at ease (sometimes). Sometimes I still get very stressed out because the process and the USCIS is just so frustrating! This process has been stressing me out, but having my lawyer to ask for help is very beneficial to me. They are very polite and will call USCIS for you if you have concerns or questions, but there is not much they can do about speeding up the process.

It's just really up to you. ^^

It is a bit expensive and my fiance is annoyed at the lawyer because they can't do much about speeding up the process and they are a bit expensive to hire. I think the lawyer is just more reassurance.

finally, we made it!

~ married on 07/02/2013 ~

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Dear OP

I have used a lawyer, I knew that I could do it myself as I have applied for and received visas in the past for a variety of different countries. The lawyer does not have to be in the same state as you. mine is in Washington DC. It has cost 750$ which is not much at all. I think it has been 750$ well spent. I have not had to worry waiting about a thing. He also managed to get my application moved from California to Vermont. Which has saved a ton of waiting by the looks of things. (Know doubt I am about to get some stick from others for that from other members).

I would say that if 750$ is a small amount of money to you then do it. It will not reallt speed your case up but it will reduce the risk of you getting an RFE. Its also a very personal decision, make sure you find a lawyer you like and get on with dont settle for the cheapest. Remember you want your lawyer to work on your file not sit on it as he does not like you.

Pay for it in instalments and don't pay the last one till your visa is in hand. This helps to sharpen there focus.

Hope this helps.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

salam, U don't need to get a lawyer at all as everything is clarified in the visajourney site , plz don't waste ur money n read the visa journey site tutorials n u will get everything in order , that is my personal advice

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hi, I'd like to find a lawyer for obtaining a Fiancee Visa for my fiancee who lives in Morocco. I live in New York and the fees are very high, but I noticed that the lawyer fees in other near states (like Connecticut or New Jersey) are much lower. Is it better to work with a lawyer from where I live?

Use whomever you want.

Can the lawyer make the difference for the case?

No, unless you have a complicated case.

Is Morocco a difficult country for immigration?

Yes, especially for K-1. Getting married and then filing for CR-1 seems to have better results.

Thank you !!!!!

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

A logical approach like Darnell's is always better.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.