treyfort

Daughter marriage to someone from a different country

10 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

To get married? Get a marriage license from the city clerks office and wait 24 hours, then get married. That's it.

Both need to present IDs. And bring a witness.

-Liz

I am the USC.

03.04.2013 (Day 0) - Sent off I-130,I-485, I-765, I-131

03.06.2013 (Day 2) - Package received by USCIS Chicago

03.12.2013 (Day 8) - Received all 4 NOAs via text and email

03.13.2013 (Day 9) - Checks cashed

03.18.2013 (Day 14) - NOA hard copies received

03.21.2013 (Day 17) - Biometrics for I-485 and I-765 received

03.25.2013 (Day 21) - Walk in Biometrics Done (around 3pm)

04.02.2013 (Day 29) - Case Status Appeared & Updated: Testing & Interview

04.05.2013 (Day 32) - Biometrics Appointment NYC Varick St.

05.03.2013 (Day 60) - I-765 Case status appeared: Card Production

05.11.2013 (Day 68) - Employment Authorization Card in hand :)

06.06.2013 (Day 94) - Interview Scheduled for July 11. Via USCIS case status

06.08.2013 (Day 96) - NOA Initial Interview Hard Copy arrived in the mail

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

It is basically the same as another marriage , they marry , file the I130, but there is a limited number of visas available for for spouses of green card holders so there is a 2-3 year wait after the I130 is approved for a visa.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Where is her bf from?

If she's thinking about filing for her bf, and you want to know how we need more info on her bf.

Edited by LizLovesFlor

-Liz

I am the USC.

03.04.2013 (Day 0) - Sent off I-130,I-485, I-765, I-131

03.06.2013 (Day 2) - Package received by USCIS Chicago

03.12.2013 (Day 8) - Received all 4 NOAs via text and email

03.13.2013 (Day 9) - Checks cashed

03.18.2013 (Day 14) - NOA hard copies received

03.21.2013 (Day 17) - Biometrics for I-485 and I-765 received

03.25.2013 (Day 21) - Walk in Biometrics Done (around 3pm)

04.02.2013 (Day 29) - Case Status Appeared & Updated: Testing & Interview

04.05.2013 (Day 32) - Biometrics Appointment NYC Varick St.

05.03.2013 (Day 60) - I-765 Case status appeared: Card Production

05.11.2013 (Day 68) - Employment Authorization Card in hand :)

06.06.2013 (Day 94) - Interview Scheduled for July 11. Via USCIS case status

06.08.2013 (Day 96) - NOA Initial Interview Hard Copy arrived in the mail

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Moved from spousal visa to bringing family members of PR to the US. As the OP is not a US citizen and a PR.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have a question. My daughter is from Honduras and does not have citizenship but has a Green Card. She is 19 years old and has a boyfriend that is 19 also. They are wanting to get married, what are the steps that they need to take?

You need to provide more info if you want a specific answer.

Where is the BF now, in the US or in another country? Is BF also a green card holder? Where is your daughter now? Where are they planning to marry, in the US or in another country?

Filed: Country: Honduras
Timeline

You need to provide more info if you want a specific answer.

Where is the BF now, in the US or in another country? Is BF also a green card holder? Where is your daughter now? Where are they planning to marry, in the US or in another country?

Bf is in Honduras and he is not a green card holder, my daughter is in the USA and she is a green card holder, they are planning to get marry in the US

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

can they wait a few years?

for example, daughter becomes a USCitizen, then they marry and she files an I-130 on him, chasing after a CR-1 visa.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Timeline

She is here in the USA, she is not a U.S citizen yet but she has a green card, her boyfriend does not have a green card, he is from Honduras.... What they need to do? Thanks :)

I am not clear what you are asking about. You asked what it takes to get married. This was answered in the first reply -- they just need ID and get a license and do a ceremony. That's it.

Are you asking about also bringing this boyfriend (future husband) into the U.S.? A lot of people are assuming that but you have never specifically asked it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.