Jamaica10

CSC

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I am happy for the November/December applicants who are receiving approvals, but it makes me wonder WTH CSC is really doing. How dare them place our applications on a halt as if they don't have a care in the world. They don't seem to understand that they are playing with peoples lives, and I just don't think they care. It pisses me off knowing that the 29th will make 8 months for me as others are being approved in less than 5 who filed 3-4 months after me as well as others. I wonder if the July-October files were the ones that were damaged when they were having plumbing issues? If so, do they think it's fair to request new applications and evidence from each applicant whose file was damaged because of their careless actions? I have no issues with the DACA applicants, but I don't think it's fair that other applications were placed on the back burner. I am a law abiding citizen and I deserve fairness and justice. I have written my congresswoman and I hope she can be of help and hope others follow in my footsteps because a closed mouth won't get fed and CSC is beyond themselves at this point.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Okay, i spoke with a friend of a friend of a friend who works for the California Service Center. Please consider the multiple degrees of separation here. I didn't like the answers i received and neither will you. She said the backlog is horrendous & the pile of K-1 Visa apps are stacked on the floor, creating a near fire hazard. Reason? They have been asked to drop everything & work on the H1B apps. For the first time ever, USCIS met the 65K cap in the first week of its filing period & they have a crazy internal deadline to get these H1B's approved. For those of you that are familiar with it, there was some glitch in the "lottery" & thus trying to wrap their heads around it.

She said "don't kill the messenger, we're all doing our best." Just wanted to pass this a long, even though it doesn't appease nor alter our particular situation.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Okay, i spoke with a friend of a friend of a friend who works for the California Service Center. Please consider the multiple degrees of separation here. I didn't like the answers i received and neither will you. She said the backlog is horrendous & the pile of K-1 Visa apps are stacked on the floor, creating a near fire hazard. Reason? They have been asked to drop everything & work on the H1B apps. For the first time ever, USCIS met the 65K cap in the first week of its filing period & they have a crazy internal deadline to get these H1B's approved. For those of you that are familiar with it, there was some glitch in the "lottery" & thus trying to wrap their heads around it.

She said "don't kill the messenger, we're all doing our best." Just wanted to pass this a long, even though it doesn't appease nor alter our particular situation.

It may explain slow processing the past month, but it does not explain the slowdown from the end of last year until March.

Well, that doesn't sound good anyway you look at it.

"But hey, let's go work on December petitions! That makes a lot of sense!"

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Sounds to me like the Director of USCIS got all the emails and letters and told to CSC to grab a pile of K1s and process them, the lucky beneficiaries were the unknowing December filers who had pure luck fall into their lap.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

what is this H1B ?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

It may explain slow processing the past month, but it does not explain the slowdown from the end of last year until March.

Well, that doesn't sound good anyway you look at it.

"But hey, let's go work on December petitions! That makes a lot of sense!"

aye, been seeing those go through since last week and am going WTH!? what about all the july/august/september people still waiting?

i hav already contacted our representative, and so far they are just being fed lies by csc. they did send an expedite request though, not sure it will do anything the way things are going. I am currently living in montreal with an apartment lease contract due to be renewed july 1st. If i am still here at that time i will be forced to sign and be responsible until the following july which to me is about 10,000$ worth of rent i might not be here for. Not to mention i cant plan summer camp or daycare as it is pay in advance no refunds and alot of money, first come first serve. If i sign the kids up now, pay and then get the papers in i would lose alot of money as well. Not to mention my job for the city will be at risk since they canot hire a replacement for me for the summer since i wouldnt have officially left yet. All these things are just driving me insane as well as all the delays. And then for over a week to be seeing october/november/december filers go through ahead of all the others waiting does not help me feel better all. I do wish the best to all those that got their noa2's and am very happy for them, but also am angry for all those left behind.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

aye, been seeing those go through since last week and am going WTH!? what about all the july/august/september people still waiting?

i hav already contacted our representative, and so far they are just being fed lies by csc. they did send an expedite request though, not sure it will do anything the way things are going. I am currently living in montreal with an apartment lease contract due to be renewed july 1st. If i am still here at that time i will be forced to sign and be responsible until the following july which to me is about 10,000$ worth of rent i might not be here for. Not to mention i cant plan summer camp or daycare as it is pay in advance no refunds and alot of money, first come first serve. If i sign the kids up now, pay and then get the papers in i would lose alot of money as well. Not to mention my job for the city will be at risk since they canot hire a replacement for me for the summer since i wouldnt have officially left yet. All these things are just driving me insane as well as all the delays. And then for over a week to be seeing october/november/december filers go through ahead of all the others waiting does not help me feel better all. I do wish the best to all those that got their noa2's and am very happy for them, but also am angry for all those left behind.

With every single decision the CSC has made over the past 4 months, they only seem to get more and more incompetent and nonsensical. It truly is as if there is no consideration at all for how difficult these shenanigans make planning for both petitioners and beneficiaries.

Timeline

what is this H1B ?

H1B is a temporary work visa. Valid for 2 years.

There's a quota of people coming to work to the US and thus every year companies rush to apply for it when they want to hire a foreigner before the quota is reached.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

what is this H1B ?

They are visas for foreign workers in specialty jobs (like chemist, specific engineers, scientist etc..) companys rush tomget these requests in since many employers who use these specialty workers have to get in their applications before the quotas are filled or they do not have workers. This is a normal slowdown this time of year but does not explain WHY applications were not processed prior to April (when h1bs can be submitted). I think the H1B excuse is a convenient scapegoat and the real reason for the backup has yet to be released...IMO. Sorry for all those waiting!

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

If this is true...here is most of everyone on this website blaming the Dreamers for everything and there are probably other visa types that are responsible.

Does anyone have a link to that letter to the director?

Sigh...if this this true then we are probably on for waiting a year or more to get our NOA 2 :(

K1 Visa
Service Center: California
I-129f Sent: 08/3/2012
I-129f NOA1: 08/06/2012
I-129f RFE(s): NONE
I-129f Reply(s): NONE
I-129f NOA2: 04/23/2013
NVC Received:5/13/2013
NVC Left:
Consulate Received (Dublin, Ireland):
Packet 3 Received:
Packet 3 Sent:
Packet 4 Received:
Medical Exam:
Interview:
Visa Received:
US Entry:
Wedding:

Timeline

If this is true...here is most of everyone on this website blaming the Dreamers for everything and there are probably other visa types that are responsible.

Does anyone have a link to that letter to the director?

Sigh...if this this true then we are probably on for waiting a year or more to get our NOA 2 :(

This was only from March of this year. How did this affect from October until March? Answer: it didn't.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I want the best for everyone, but no application should be placed on hold for another. I was born in another country, but that doesn't mean I think it's ok for illegal immigrants to get priority. I am a tax paying citizen who has done things the legal way all my life and I feel everyone should do the same. CSC needs to pick up pace and quit slacking. Every day there is a new excuse, and whether they are true or not, they need to deliver results instead of hiding like a bunch of cowards behind a five month processing date, not accepting live calls, or service request.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.