izzylove11

Just filed K-1 Visa. Expedite requested.

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Hi everyone. I am new to VJ. I have been lurking for several weeks while filling out the paperwork for my fiancee's K-1 Visa. I just sent it two days ago and requested expediting. I am not naive enough to believe that we will automatically get the expedition approved but I am hopeful. I will keep you all updated on the process. I enjoy reading your stories and am so happy to find a group of supportive people!

What was your reason for the expedite?

AOS posted - 02/18/2014

NOA1 - 03/04/2014
Biometrics - 03/28/2014
EAD in post - 5/5/2014

EAD in hand - 5/10/2014
Interview waiver letter received - 6/9/2014

Card production notice - 1/10/2015

ROC mailed - 10/11/2016

ROC received at CSC - 10/18/2016

Interview Notice Received - 3/30/2017

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Process & Procedures to Progress Reports.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Hi everyone. I am new to VJ. I have been lurking for several weeks while filling out the paperwork for my fiancee's K-1 Visa. I just sent it two days ago and requested expediting. I am not naive enough to believe that we will automatically get the expedition approved but I am hopeful. I will keep you all updated on the process. I enjoy reading your stories and am so happy to find a group of supportive people!

What she said ^^ :)

Oh and welcome and good luck!

Our Story AoS
[March 2012] Met online on Christian Mingle [November 27th 2013] AoS sent
[June 25th 2012] Met in Person in London!
[August 2012] Steve visits me again in the Uk for our second meeting for just one weekend! [March 6th 2014] AoS Interview - Passed
[september 2012] My first trip to America to visit the love of my life
[November 2012] I travel to America for my first ever thanksgiving with Steves family!
[December 2012] Steve comes to the Uk to spend xmas with my family!
( heart.gif February 15th 2013 heart.gif ) He pops the question in Kensington, London...and I say yes!

K1

[January 15th 2013) I-129f SENT!
[January 24th 2013] NOA1
[July 08th 2013]- NOA2 (
approved 165 Days)
[July 18th 2013] Case forwarded to NVC

[July 26th 2013] We call DoS and are finally given our case # - I book medical immediatly

[July 29th 2013] Case forwarded to US Embassy, London
[August 8th 2013] Packet 3 sent (before received)

[August 9th 2013] Packet 3 received
[August 13th 2013] Medical

[August 16th 2013] CEAC updates - London logs my medical results

[August 20th 2013] - CEAC update - London logs my packet 3

[August 23rd 2013] I call DoS and they tell me my interview date, (2 weeks since I sent ds-2001)

[August 27th 2013 CEAC update - London dispatches packet 4]

[August 29th 2013] Packet 4 received
[september 24th 2013] Interview -
Refused due to passport and birth certificate condition

[september 26th 2013] Emergency appt at HM Passport Office London - New Passport and Birth Certificate in hand
[september 30th 2013] DX collects passport and birth certificate

[October 3rd] - Docs delivered to Embassy

[October 10th] - London Approves and Issues our Visa!!

[October 16th 2013] 4.00pm - Visa in my hand, 11pm POE -Newark

[October 27th 2013] Wedding wub.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Check out the reasons for expedite,

Expedite Criteria

All expedite requests are reviewed on a case-by-case basis, and are granted at the discretion of the Director. The burden is on the applicant or petitioner to demonstrate that one or more of the expedite criteria have been met. The criteria are as follows:

• Severe financial loss to company or individual
  • Extreme emergent situation
  • Humanitarian situation
  • Nonprofit status of requesting organization in furtherance of the cultural and social interests of the United States
  • Department of Defense or National Interest Situation (Note: Request must come from official United States Government entity and state that delay will be detrimental to our Government)
  • USCIS error
  • Compelling interest of USCIS

Note: Discretionary expedite requests for petitions and applications that have Premium Processing Service available will not be considered for expedite processing. The only exception is when the petitioner is a not-for-profit organization designated by the Internal Revenue Service. For information regarding premium processing, please refer to the premium processing webpage.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Welcome and good luck. I will be in Hot Springs this summer.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Timeline

What was your reason for the expedite?

My reason for expedite was due to extenuating medical circumstances of our five month old baby girl. She is currently very ill and requires around the clock care by doctors, nurses and therapists. All of this also causes significant financial hardship due to me not being able to work all of my scheduled shifts. The doctor seemed to think her illness was severe enough to get the expedite. She has bilateral brain bleeds and possibly a stroke. We are still waiting on the final results about that.

What she said ^^ :)

Oh and welcome and good luck!

Thanks!

My reason for expedite was due to extenuating medical circumstances of our five month old baby girl. She is currently very ill and requires around the clock care by doctors, nurses and therapists. All of this also causes significant financial hardship due to me not being able to work all of my scheduled shifts. The doctor seemed to think her illness was severe enough to get the expedite. She has bilateral brain bleeds and possibly a stroke. We are still waiting on the final results about that.

Timeline

Hi BigDog. I am very well aware of the criteria for expediting. I am very confident that my daughter's illness is bad enough that we should receive expediting but, as we all know, it just depends on the person who picks up your file. I hope whoever it is, they're in a kind mood that day! I could really use some help with our baby girl.

:wacko:

Welcome and good luck. I will be in Hot Springs this summer.

Really? You should give me a shout. I have lived in Hot Springs my whole life, other than when I was in Indo with my hubby. It's a beautiful town but can be a little boring. B-)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

I am normally no fan of people trying to get their cases expedited, but for you I really hope it works out. Sounds like your baby needs both mommy and daddy around.

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

NVC case numbers March 22nd
My sons AOS and IV bill paid March 23rd (status in progress)
My sons AOS and IV bill shows as paid March 26
My IV bill paid March 26
Both packages sent on March 26
My IV bill shows as paid on March 27th
CC on both cases March 30

Current record holder of fastest through the NVC :D

Medical exam in Stockholm April 13th
Interview on May 16th !!!

POE Anchorage July 12th!! 2012

July 2015 n-400 in the mail

September 2015, interview

October 23rd 2015, Oath ceremony!!!!!​​

Timeline

I am normally no fan of people trying to get their cases expedited, but for you I really hope it works out. Sounds like your baby needs both mommy and daddy around.

Thank you. I am not really a fan of expediting either. I believe everyone should wait their turn but when this happened with my daughter, I thought it warranted a try, for her sake as well as his. I will keep you all updated. Thanks for the support. :thumbs:

Hope you can soon get a good respond back and that your baby girl get well. best wishes stay positive

Thank you Jen and Jorge. I am hoping she will get better soon and I would gladly wait out my time in USCIS! We appreciate the support.

Good luck :) Sounds like it's a genuine case and I hope it works out.

AOS posted - 02/18/2014

NOA1 - 03/04/2014
Biometrics - 03/28/2014
EAD in post - 5/5/2014

EAD in hand - 5/10/2014
Interview waiver letter received - 6/9/2014

Card production notice - 1/10/2015

ROC mailed - 10/11/2016

ROC received at CSC - 10/18/2016

Interview Notice Received - 3/30/2017

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline

Check out the reasons for expedite,

Expedite Criteria

All expedite requests are reviewed on a case-by-case basis, and are granted at the discretion of the Director. The burden is on the applicant or petitioner to demonstrate that one or more of the expedite criteria have been met. The criteria are as follows:

• Severe financial loss to company or individual
  • Extreme emergent situation
  • Humanitarian situation
  • Nonprofit status of requesting organization in furtherance of the cultural and social interests of the United States
  • Department of Defense or National Interest Situation (Note: Request must come from official United States Government entity and state that delay will be detrimental to our Government)
  • USCIS error
  • Compelling interest of USCIS

Note: Discretionary expedite requests for petitions and applications that have Premium Processing Service available will not be considered for expedite processing. The only exception is when the petitioner is a not-for-profit organization designated by the Internal Revenue Service. For information regarding premium processing, please refer to the premium processing webpage.

Wow, based on these criteria I think almost all of us could request an expedited review.

Certainly wait too long should should start to qualify as a Humanitarian reason.

Similarly, the exceeding long wait should also qualify as a USCIS Error.

And, if all of the long timers start the flood the USCIS with complaints and congressional inquiries, then Compelling Interest of USCIS will also apply.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.