CharliesAngel13

Coping.. How do we all deal with waiting for our loved ones

120 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

We Skype everyday and text. He is from Algeria and cannot visit while wiating, but I visit him when I can afford....This is the hardest thing, the waiting, checking everyday......

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Maybe I don't understand because I haven't filed for the K-1 just yet, but why doesn't anyone here seem to visit their loved one's while applying?

My fiancé visits me every 3 or 4 months. We celebrated the new year together here in my country and hopefully he should be able to accompany me on my interview which is still tentative as we are still waiting for NOA2. We text, iMessage, and Skype every day but it's still so much better when we are physically together. We are thankful though for what we have right now and believe that soon, we don't have to be apart anymore. This waiting game brings us closer

bec. we appreciate what little time we have together whenever he visits me and we learn to be stronger and have more faith. It is not easy being apart but it

makes me believe that "absence makes the heart grow fonder". (L)

"The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more,
that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds.
And that's what you've given me. That's what I'd hoped to give you forever."
- Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

It works. Now if skype cuts out (which it usualy does at some point during his day) I can call him back even if he isn't there to answer :) We have Skype running right now. He isn't at the computer just now, he's out feeding his mom's cat but I will hear him come in the door, hear him shout "Hi love" and then he will come in the kitchen and have a coffee with me before he does his next chore. We will have Skype running for about 7 hours now and then he will call me up just before he sleeps (middle of my night) so I can say goodnight to him. It's not perfect but it's far better than just snail mail. I get butterflies in my tummy each day when it gets near the time for me to wake him :)

event.png

07.22.2011 Met the other half of my soul for first time In the US
06.08.2012 Got engaged
08.01.2012 I-129F submitted
08.07.2012 NOA1 received
04.18.2013 RFE email & Txt

04.24.2013 RFE email & Txt again!

04.28.2013 RFE hard copy rec'vd

05.03.2013 RFE response mailed to CSC

05.06.2013 RFE response received at CSC

05.09.2013 NOA2 text!!!!!!

05.13.2013 NOA2 Hard Copy received YAY!!!!

07.24.2013 Date of Packet 4

07.26.2013 Received packet 4

08.30.2013 Interview at London Embassy

APPROVED!!!!! YAY YAY YAY!!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

We use skype, text and a virtual world called Utherverse. We used to fall asleep together on skype but that had to stop when he moved as his daughter lives with him now and for the time being he shares his room with her. We visit in person every 6 months or so and it was so wonderful to have him here for christmas. Thet ime apart is hard. We are only starting our wait so I can't comment on that but I know the last two years since we met and started our relationship, Skype has been a godsend.

K1 - Complete
05/01/2011 - Met online
09/15/2011 - Met in person
11/12/2011 - Became engaged
07/09/2012 - Finally got to put His Ring on my finger
02/04/2013 - Mailed off my documents to my fiance
02/13/2013 - Fiance received my documents
03/30/2013 - I-129F sent
04/05/2013 - NOA 1
07/10/2013 - File Transferred to Texas
07/24/2013 - NOA 2
08/23/2013 - USCIS-NVC - Case number received
08/27/2013 - NVC-Consulate
09/03/2013 - Packet 3
09/04/2013 - Packet 4
09/10/2013 - Medical (Passed)
09/12/2013 - Interview (Approved)
09/17/2013 - Visa in hand
11/02/2013 - Border crossing at Sweetgrass completed
11/05/2013 - Arrived in San Antonio
11/16/2013 - Married in San Antonio

Adjustment of Status

04/25/2014 - AOS packaged mailed to Chicago Lock Box.

05/15/2014 - NoA1 received for Aos and EA. AP rejected.

06/16/2014 - Biometrics appointment

07/07/2014 - EA card now in production.

07/10/2014 - EA Card received. YAY JOB HUNTING

08/13/2014 - Letter received staging possible interview waiver and no action for antoher 6 months

03/03/2015 - Apparently we are still within normal processing times and need to wait 87 days

04/27/2015 - RFE - Renew medical, Send some other documents

05/04/2015 - Medical redone

05/07/2015 - RFE request sent back to USCIS

05/08/2015 - RFE request received at USCIS

05/11/2015 - Green card IN PRODUCTION!!!!

05/11/2015 - Welcome letter Mailed!

05/14/2015 - Welcome Letter Received

05/18/2015 - Green Card Received!! FINALLY!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Ok so im just curious to kno how everyone here has managed to get by and to cope with the long waiting process of the K-1/K-3 visa? Waiting for our loved ones to be reunified is a hard task... If u wanna share how u and ur fiance/spouse cope, ur experiences with the long wait people may benefit from our stories! And it will bring a little positivity to a negative time.. :) hope to see alot of sharing!!

Playing 'Words with Friends' on FB with my partner, skype, watch shows, movies on secondlife and so on.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

We applied for ours back in October. I dropped my PhD in Brazil and came to the US on a tourist visa on late December. I've been here ever since, but I must go back on late June. I'm starting to get a very nervous because I have no clue when our NOA2 will come, and all this doing-nothing-all-day is driving me insane! :wacko:

yWs4m5.png

NOA1: 22nd Oct 2012

RFE: 1st May 2013

NOA2: 16th May 2013, 206 days from NOA1.

NVC received: 31st May 2013

Interview: July 16th - APPROVED!

We made everything a countdown... kept us looking forward to the next visit or major event in the immigration process. For example, it's now 7 days, 21 hrs 4 minutes and 2 seconds until our wedding. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ok so im just curious to kno how everyone here has managed to get by and to cope with the long waiting process of the K-1/K-3 visa? Waiting for our loved ones to be reunified is a hard task... If u wanna share how u and ur fiance/spouse cope, ur experiences with the long wait people may benefit from our stories! And it will bring a little positivity to a negative time.. :) hope to see alot of sharing!!

I am a very impatient person & this whole waiting thing sucks but I really have no choice but to wait :( Anyways my fiance & I talk on Skype every night and we talk everyday thru YM, facebook. I usually visit him every year. Its hard but once we are together with our loved ones it will be worth the wait :)

JAYANN & JAY

K1 VISA PROCESS

03.05.13: I-129F Sent
03.12.13: I-129F NOA1 (Vermont Service Center)
07.12.13: I-129F NOA2 (Petition approved)

08.27.13: Interview - APPROVED

09.23.13: POE to JFK

10.08.13: WEDDING DAY

AOS PROCESS

11.02.13: AOS/AP/EAD Sent

11.08.13: NOA1

12.11.13:Biometrics

01.06.14: EAD/AP combo card received

02.07.14: Received an interview waiver letter

04.18.14: Green Card received

ROC PROCESS

03.08.16: ROC Sent

03.12.16: NOA1

04.04.16:Biometrics

Timeline

I agree with what you said. I once had an argument with someone who was also a beneficiary from other Asian country. maybe she wants to be my English teacher then and she was proud that she studied english just to learn how to be able to speak/write English right.lol. oh not to mention English is one of the primary language that we Filipinos speak. though not all are able to speak well but atleast whenever we speak our tongue is not totally stiff. lol.And can learn easily. And she is not aware that even if VJ is a public forum, it still has its rules and regulations about respecting other people.I hope some will take time reading the policy of VJ.It doesn't mean that you are in public forum, you can already disrespect anybody or be rude just simply because the person did not agree to the responses she got. And oh btw some people here are acting as if "they know everything". . I guess those who don't know how to respect does not also deserve to be respected in return. "don't do unto others what you don't want others do unto you". NOT ALL FILIPINOS don't know how to speak English. as well as not ALL other nationalities read,write, or speak perfect English. I just hope some people here would realize that VJ has members from all over the world. There might be times that the English is worst! Just like the post that I read the other day, but I never post a response and say, wow ur english is bad. lol. but for some, it would already be a big deal.

I totally agree with yougood.gif

Thank goodness no one ever did that to me..maybe not, just yettongue.gif. They're just plain jealous with my pictures that's allsmile.gif

Here's the link to the thread I'm telling you about the cure for worry is GRATITUDE, the comments on that link are priceless, I showed that to my friends on facebook and they laughed hardbiggrin.gif

Bless you and your fiance, good luck also with the rest of your journey to K1smile.gifheart.gif

K1 VISA
I-129F Sent: 2012-10-25
I-129F NOA1: 2012-10-29
I-129F RFE 1st Email notice: 2013-04-24
I-129F RFE 2nd Email notice: 2013-04-29
I-129F RFE 3rd Email and text notice: 2013-05-09 (saying we have an RFE on 2013-04-24 again, LOL!!)

I-129F RFE 4th Email notice: 2013-05-23

I-129F NOA2: 2012-06-07

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I totally agree with yougood.gif

Thank goodness no one ever did that to me..maybe not, just yettongue.gif. They're just plain jealous with my pictures that's allsmile.gif

Here's the link to the thread I'm telling you about the cure for worry is GRATITUDE, the comments on that link are priceless, I showed that to my friends on facebook and they laughed hardbiggrin.gif

Bless you and your fiance, good luck also with the rest of your journey to K1smile.gifheart.gif

We all get fed up waiting sometimes and our patience is being pushed to the limit Some of us make comments from time to time that others may take offence at. What I am surprised at is despite you reposting the link to the bit about the Gratitude, you in turn laugh at the other people that comment on your link!

Your pictures by the way are lovely. Did you have a professional photographer do these for you?

event.png

07.22.2011 Met the other half of my soul for first time In the US
06.08.2012 Got engaged
08.01.2012 I-129F submitted
08.07.2012 NOA1 received
04.18.2013 RFE email & Txt

04.24.2013 RFE email & Txt again!

04.28.2013 RFE hard copy rec'vd

05.03.2013 RFE response mailed to CSC

05.06.2013 RFE response received at CSC

05.09.2013 NOA2 text!!!!!!

05.13.2013 NOA2 Hard Copy received YAY!!!!

07.24.2013 Date of Packet 4

07.26.2013 Received packet 4

08.30.2013 Interview at London Embassy

APPROVED!!!!! YAY YAY YAY!!!!!

Filed: Timeline

oh my!!! i remember those days of my fiance(now husband) K1 journey..lol trust me i did everything just to try to rush the process..i think i did request for expedite 3 times lol plus i even contacted my senator and congressman. but nothing works lol oh well i guess i did try to make myself busier than usual. try to enjoy my single life until i got married lol

so hang in there...as soon as you got your NOA2...things get even faster than u expect!! goodluck

The longer it takes to happen the more you'll appreciate it when it does!

Timeline

I party like a rock star!!! A bachelor party usually lasts 1 night, I get months of bachelor partying. If you dwell on it then it will be harder. The only tough times for me was after the interview and the week after filing, otherwise the time flew by. You gotta find a way to get your mind off it, I think chatting and writing just make it worse, I text my fiance everyday but we didn't write emails it felt like work. I'm exactly one week from picking her up at POE and I'm excited, it was a fun start to a new journey.

A big thing is that you have 183 rolling days each to visit one another. That means from October 12 to Oct 13 she can visit you for that long and vice versa, I would just be careful of not going past that. Pace yourselves. (anyone from Canada correct me if I am wrong)

As in 183 days from her coming here AND me going there combined?

I don't think we'll hit that mark though. We only plan every other month for maybe 14 days or less.

Edited by johnnyv

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

we chat on Skype in the evening (and mornings on the weekends), and I call her a couple of times a day, but we keep phone chats short. I fly out to Thailand every 3 months to visit her for 2-3 weeks as well.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.