I+G

CSC file damage is true

77 posts in this topic

Greetings,

I am on hold waiting for a tier 2 rep at USCIS. I asked the rep if it was true files were destroyed, and he said "Some files were, where did you learn that information" as if I wasn't supposed to know.

Maybe we should propose CSC to route their calls to VJ :devil:

Wouldn't it be great if USCIS allowed us to submit everything in digital form. Straight onto a DVD or uploaded. Once allocated a digital file reference, you could continue to upload relevant data for review and it can be reviewed a lot quicker than sheafs of paper bundled, stapled or tied together.

Isn't it great living in the 21st century .. when paperless offices are something that STILL isn't implemented? :)

ROC

AR11 filed: 02/05/11

I-751 filed at Vermont Service Center: 02/07/11

NOA: 02/14/11

Biometrics appt: 03/21/11

RoC Interview: Not required

RoC Approved: 08/04/2011

10 yr Green card received: 08/10/2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Why would visa petitions be kept anywhere that they could be destroyed by water? It makes absolutely no sense to me. There is not one file in my office building that could be destroyed by water from a plumbing issue. Ridiculous.

Then your building does not have an automatic sprinkler system. Most government buildings do. They can fail/rupture and the files do not need to be in a basement.

09/29/2012 - Met Online

11/22/2012 - 11/28/2012 - Steve's 1st Visit

02/08/2013 - I129F Submitted

02/12/2013 - NOA1

02/13/2013 - 03/07/2013 - Steve's 2nd Visit

02/14/2013 - Officially Engaged

06/21/2013 - Case transferred from VSC to TSC

07/24/2013 - NOA2

08/21/2013 - File sent to NVC

08/28/2013 - MNL Case Number received through phone

08/30/2013 - Visa Fee Paid

09/04/2013 - Medical Exam at SLEC (Done in 1 day)

09/25/2013 - Interview Appointment (Under AP with 221G)

10/01/2013 - Additional Document dropped at 2GO SM Cebu

10/08/2013 - CEAC Status Updated to READY

10/30/2013 - CEAC Status Updated to AP

10/30/2013 - CEAC Status ISSUED

11/06/2013 - VISA Received

11/11/2013 - CFO Done

11/15/2013 - POE Detroit

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Spoke to a Tier 2 and was told that the leak should not have affected the files, and that the files are stored in waterproof lockboxes that weren't damaged. This plus the likely fact that they digitize their petitions should hopefully mean that nobody's application has gone missing or damaged beyond recognition.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

HEY EVERYONE GUESS WHAT!!!!!

MY CONGRESSIONAL OFFICE CALLED CSC TODAY AND THEY SAID NO THERE ARE NO FILES DAMAGED! THERE WAS SOME COMPUTER HARDWARE BUT NOTHING TO CAUSE FURTHER DELAY!

FURTHERMORE, THE LIASON SAID I AM ELIGIBLE FOR PROCESSING!!!!!!! THEY ARE GOING TO CONTACT ME SOON AS IT IS COMPLETE!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU SENATORS OFFICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I AM PASTING BELOW THE REPLY!!!! I AM SO HAPPY!

ROMANS 8:28!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I spoke with my congressional unit and no files in CA were destroyed. That information was not correct. The building was closed for two days. None of the I-129F’s were affected. There were some I-130 (Spousal/Child) petitions that got wet – but again, not destroyed. They did lose some computer hardware but they are still up and running.

My liaison stated that you are eligible for processing based on your submittal date. He is going to pull your file and process it. I know that you are very anxious to have your fiancé here in the US. My liaison will call me when it is complete.

Have a great day. C.

Was that Murray or Cantwell since I will need to file this info away for future use :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

@ Shenzhen... Would u mind sharing your red flags? Just giving us a heads up? And to this thread in general... Wouldnt it b nice to have an employee on VJ just to respond to some of out concerns n maybe even share processing procedures? Id really like to kno how "July" petitions are still waiting but November petitions are being approved. Yet the processing times show "july" this is all to confusing.. Its like they just grab a file out of random and work on it that day not noticing others waiting in line for much longer times have not yet been touched? I mean, do they have an organizational system? And wat on earth is it if they do? Wat are the reasons for delays? Do they look at something on a certain petition and say to themselvez... "Not this 1 today" set it down n just grab a new file n process it? Should we draw rainbows & crosses on the file folder to grab attention? Or maybe a pic of a naked model? Lol i mean, what get files attention before others? Its pure chaos!! And so stressful for so many... Im stressed n i only just began! Lol

And i meant an employee of USCIS... To join VJ

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

I have a question my three application went to CSC arrived on March 19. I read some where they forward the files. MY number started with MSC does that mean they were forwarded. How fast do they do this I got my paper conformation on March 22. Since it look like the pipe break occurred close to when my paper were in CSC. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

The CR-1 takes about 12 months, don't do that now! Mine took about 8 months to move to the NVC stage after that it went fast. But I had some red flags and it took 18 to get her here.

I mean moving to his country and living there until he can get a green card? Is that through the CR-1? Just so fed up with the wait time...going on 8 months and no end in sight. At least this way we can be together while we wait.

K1 Visa
Service Center: California
I-129f Sent: 08/3/2012
I-129f NOA1: 08/06/2012
I-129f RFE(s): NONE
I-129f Reply(s): NONE
I-129f NOA2: 04/23/2013
NVC Received:5/13/2013
NVC Left:
Consulate Received (Dublin, Ireland):
Packet 3 Received:
Packet 3 Sent:
Packet 4 Received:
Medical Exam:
Interview:
Visa Received:
US Entry:
Wedding:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Greetings,

I am on hold waiting for a tier 2 rep at USCIS. I asked the rep if it was true files were destroyed, and he said "Some files were, where did you learn that information" as if I wasn't supposed to know.

Where did you get this information to begin with? was there a post or something that I missed? can I get a link or something please?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Is this really true? How come those files get soaked when plumbing pipes are supposed to be embedded on concrete or recessed on walls. Unless the walls have cracks on it and they did not put enough water proofing. And they should have let everyone affected know about the situation immediately so we all can gather every necessary documents needed and start moving forward.

07-30-12: Mailed I129F
08-02-12: Mail received at Dallas Lockbox
08-02-12: NOA1 Notice Date
08-07-12: TOUCHED
08-10-12: Received NOA1 hardcopy
04-24-13: Alien Registration Number and NOA2 Notice Date

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

how can they do this to us???? at least let us know where we are at...it is not acceptable to go back to square one and resend everything like they never got anything from us. it took them more than 8 months to realize that our files got damaged??? for real??? that is how disorganized the csc office is?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.