toshjoshtt

is it a Visa fraud?

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi guys,

I am french, i met my gf on the internet. ( don't laugh ) it s very serious, we are together since 1 year and we want to meet each other coz we are sure we are meant to be together. we want to live together and get married.

but i read somewhere it can be a visa fraud

I explain :

we want to get married, before having met. we want to meet each other before asking K1 coz it is a condition.

But they say it is a visa fraud, coz i will go to usa, as tourist ( so no visa) knowing i will get married with a US citizen later.

is it right??

I hope it s clear

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi guys,

I am french, i met my gf on the internet. ( don't laugh ) it s very serious, we are together since 1 year and we want to meet each other coz we are sure we are meant to be together. we want to live together and get married.

I explain :

we want to get married, before having met. we want to meet each other before asking K1 coz it is a condition.

But they say it is a visa fraud, coz i will go to usa, as tourist ( so no visa) knowing i will get married with a US citizen later.

is it right??

I hope it s clear

Are you coming here as a tourist with the intention of getting married on that particular trip? That would be fraud. If your intent is to come here to meet her and then return home before your visa (or VWP) expires and that is exactly what you do then where is the fraud?

Edited by fwaguy

YMMV

toshiroo,

As you have explained it there is no 'visa fraud' in visiting the USA to meet a person who you may subsequently marry.

There would be an issue if you intend to come to the USA as a visitor but not leave once allowed entry. Don't know if that would be classified as 'visa fraud' or not - ask an attorney - but it would be an issue.

Yodrak

Hi guys,

I explain :

is it right??

I hope it s clear

fwaguy,

No, it would not. Not as you've described it. No problem with entering the USA as a visitor with the intention of marrying while here on the visit.

The problem is entering the USA as a visitor with the intention of not leaving again. That's the problem, makes no difference if there's a marriage associated with the not leaving.

Yodrak

Are you coming here as a tourist with the intention of getting married on that particular trip? That would be fraud. .....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Is only visa fraud if you enter the country on a tourist visa with the intent to immigrate.

If you enter the country on visitors visa meet your girlfriend, get good evidence of being together, and and then return home and your girl friend pettions for a K-1 visa for you, is not fraud.

If you enter the country on visitors visa, get married, then return home, and wife files for K-3 or CR-1 visa this is also not fraud either.

What is visa fraud, is entering the country on a visitors visa, getting married as soon as you arrive in the country, and then filing for status adjustment can and dose come under visa fraud, the act of knowingly misusing a non-immigrant visa to immigrate.

Do it right and every one is happy.

You may want to look at the compare guide to get an idea if the different options.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=compare

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

wouaw i didn't expect these fast replies.

Well, what i said is I want to meet her before asking K1 ( as YuAndDan said) i will take pics of us, to show we are together, make proofs.

but we will ask k1 once i am in france. I don't want to go there as visitor and stay.... too risky, i love too my bebe lol

fwaguy yes, my plan is meet her then when i am back in france, we start K1. but only when i am in france. Not in usa.

we will have proof we really met.

coz i don't think they will agree if we never met in real

thank u for your help

What is visa fraud, is entering the country on a visitors visa, getting married as soon as you arrive in the country, and then filing for status adjustment can and dose come under visa fraud, the act of knowingly misusing a non-immigrant visa to immigrate.

This is not always the case depending on circumstances.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

we are together since 1 year and we want to meet each other coz we are sure we are meant to be together. we want to live together and get married.

I explain :

But they say it is a visa fraud, coz i will go to usa, as tourist ( so no visa) knowing i will get married with a US citizen later

1st of all, you have never been together.

2nd of all, you want to meet her, find out if you are really meant to be together, then marry her.

3rd of all, you want to marry her, before having met. (?)

4th of all, you will come as a tourist, but have all intentions to marry beforehand.

Have you ever considered having her move to France instead?

Edited by dmartmar

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

He doesn't want to come as a turist with intentions to marry beforehand, he wants to come as a turist to meet her, period. Then he wants to go back home and start a K1 after they've met in person and decide on getting married.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
we are together since 1 year and we want to meet each other coz we are sure we are meant to be together. we want to live together and get married.

I explain :

But they say it is a visa fraud, coz i will go to usa, as tourist ( so no visa) knowing i will get married with a US citizen later

1st of all, you have never been together.

2nd of all, you want to meet her, find out if you are really meant to be together, then marry her.

3rd of all, you want to marry her, before having met. (?)

4th of all, you will come as a tourist, but have all intentions to marry beforehand.

Have you ever considered having her move to France instead?

The issue doesn't seem be as complicated as you listed here... no 1st or 2nd or but... OP wants to make sure he does it LEGALLY. Moving to France is not even an option to consider at this point. There is no problem in my view. There are tons of folks on this forum knowingly and intentionally abuse the VWP to enter the US then get married then file for AOS. So what! OP only wants to MEET his girlfriend.

OP, come to the US and meet your honey. Visit our great country. Then go back to France, start your K-1 process with your honey (the USC). never look back or "what-if-fing" :D Good luck!

"You always get what you've always gotten if you always do what you always did."

wouaw i didn't expect these fast replies.

Well, what i said is I want to meet her before asking K1 ( as YuAndDan said) i will take pics of us, to show we are together, make proofs.

but we will ask k1 once i am in france. I don't want to go there as visitor and stay.... too risky, i love too my bebe lol

fwaguy yes, my plan is meet her then when i am back in france, we start K1. but only when i am in france. Not in usa.

we will have proof we really met.

coz i don't think they will agree if we never met in real

thank u for your help

If that is your intention it's what you should do and is not fraud. You will come over and meet her and if you both want to be together at that point you can head home and she can file for a K1 visa for you, her fiance. Make sure you save all your ticket stubs, receipts and take plenty of pictures together!

Once you return to France (engaged but NOT married - thats a different visa) she can file and your wait will begin. Maybe in that time she could come to France to meet your family/friends and see your lifestyle?

Good luck.

And so he did what countless punk-rock songs had told him to do so many times before: he lived his life

10/07/2006 WEDDING DAY!

11/14/2006 AOS packet made it to 'the box' after being overnighted.

12/02/2006 Paul had biometrics

12/14/2006 AOS Forwarded to CSC AND AP Application approved.

01/17/2007 First touch of 2007 at CSC

01/20/2007 Touched AGAIN (also the 18th) come on...

February: Oops, RFE for a REGISTERED marriage certificate. Oops! Overnighted it.

02/28/2007 Paul gets email letting us know his GREENCARD is on it's way! It's done...for now!

03/09/2007 Paul's greencard arrives. And breathe...

We began with mailing the I-129 in on February 27, 2006 so the whole process took us approx. one year.

Good luck out there!

See PCRADDY for our official timeline.

BTW - if you tell the US embassy that you have a girlfriend/boyfriend in the US you probably won't get apporoved for a tourist visa. That's what happened to my fiance.

Now we're doing it the right way considering our situation by doing the K-1.

11/06/2006 - Mailed off I-129F

11/14/2006 - NOA1

02/01/2007 - NOA2

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
He doesn't want to come as a turist with intentions to marry beforehand, he wants to come as a turist to meet her, period. Then he wants to go back home and start a K1 after they've met in person and decide on getting married.

Luis & Laura have it right.

Oct 29th 2004 -Met online
Oct 29th -First phone call
Dec 25th -She purposed and i said Yes!
May 10th I-130 Packet and Packet 3 sent off to me by the U.S. Consulate
May 16th -Received Packets 1-3 from the U.S. consulate
June 29th -I arrived in Puerto-Rico!
July 2nd -Married in Mayaguez, Puerto-Rico and also got our interview date for September 6th
August 17th -We arrived in Australia to file for Sep. 6th
September 6th - Filed DCF in Sydney and approved 1 hour later!
September 12 -Received my passport with the visa and yellow packet
November 24th -POE.......Guam,USA
December 12, 2005-Green Card arrived in the mail
September 11, 2007 -Filed I-751 on conditions
September 17 -VSC Receives my I-751 and issues NOA1
Oct 10 -Had biometrics taken in San Juan, Puerto Rico ASC
Oct 12 -Touched.
Aug 21, 2008 -Approved!...........finally
Sep 17, 2008 -Mailed off N-400
Oct 22, 2008 -Biometrics taken in San Juan ASC
Feb 12, 2009 -N-400 Interview
Feb 26, 2009 -Oath.....the end.

....................................*What we do in this life will have an echo in the life to come*...............................

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
BTW - if you tell the US embassy that you have a girlfriend/boyfriend in the US you probably won't get apporoved for a tourist visa. That's what happened to my fiance.

Now we're doing it the right way considering our situation by doing the K-1.

He doesn't need a visa as he is French. He can just use the visa waiver program unless he has some restrictions on that.

But I just wonder what could be a problem if he tells the US immigration officer" I am here to visit my fiancée!". I know that the DHS officers have to right to accept him or not into the country, depending on what they hear at the port of entry.

AOS JOURNEY:

September 13TH 2006 NOA1 for EAD and Adj of Status

September 23rd Biometrics notification by snail mail

September 27th RFE : Cosponsor needs to send more proof of his business activity

September 29 th RFE sent to Lee's summit

October 6th : Biometrics.

October 9TH:"RFE delivery refused!!, not enough postage available!"

October 16th : RFE finally delivered after second try!

October 18TH: email notification RFE received! Finally updating things online?

October 30TH: Transfer to CSC!!! Wohoo!

November 2th: CSC received case;online notification!

November 8TH 2006: AOS APPROVED!!!! Vive California!!! 5 days to get approved!Online notification

November 14 2006: GC or should I say White card arrived in the mail!!! I checked my mail only on the 15th

LIFTING CONDITIONS (Nebraska/California)

August 04th 2008: Mailed package directly to California

August 18th 2008: NOA1 date

September 10th 2008: Biometrics

September 11th 2008 : Touch

December 6th 2008: Approval Notice

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.