Aшан

ESTA for EU citizens

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Not all Countries currently members of the EU are eligible for the VWP.

And there are countries who are not members of the EU who are.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

ESTA has not been going for 5 years.

Being refused a Visa may preclude ESTA approval, or not. It would depend on why the visa was refused.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

You can try again, at worst you get denied and you're out the application fee. Plenty of people successfully reapply after a denial.

07/14/2012: Eloped in Texas Hill Country
08/11/2012: Mailed I-130, I-485, and I-765 to Chicago Lockbox
08/13/2012: Package received by Chicago Lockbox
08/14/2012: Priority Date
08/17/2012: Notice of receipt sent
08/21/2012: Biometrics appointment notice sent
08/27/2012: Walk-in biometrics completed
09/19/2012: Interview scheduled for October 26
10/24/2012: EAD production ordered
10/26/2012: Interview in San Antonio. AOS approved!
11/5/2012: USCIS claims green card delivered, nothing in mailbox.
12/5/2012: Service request filed for non-delivered green card.
12/7/2012: Service request replied to (but not delivered).
1/4/2013: Filed I-90, paid another $450
1/24/2013: Biometrics again...
4/1/2013: First Green Card from November finally arrived...

4/22/2013: Replacement Green Card arrived.

8/9/2014: Filed I-751

8/14/2014: Received NOA for I-751

3/12/2015: ROC Approved!

7/18/2016: Sent in N-400 to Texas lockbox

7/21/2016: N-400 delivered

Filed: Timeline

All you can do is try. Generally, a former visa denial will preclude you from using the VWP, but there have been members on here who have gotten ESTA approved. Remember to always be 100% honest when filling out ESTA. If you're honest, the worst that can happen is you need to apply for a tourist visa. If you lie on the form its a possible lifetime bar from any visa.

Ps, Ukrainian citizens are not eligible for the VWP.

Edited by Jay Jay

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

*** Moving from AOS from Work visa to Tourist Visa forum ***

You can fill it in- it's only 14 euro or something. Since it's been 5 years, depending on the reason you were denied the via last time, you may be approved.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

A visa denial does not in itself preclude you from using the VWP.

Depends why you were refused amongst other things.

If you qualify, apply and see, answer questions honestly - the one that asks if you have been refused a visa for example.

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

:ot2: I know that Ukrainians are not elegible for VWP, but I have dual citizenship. :yes: :yes: What I want to know is there anybody who applied for VWP after much earlier visa denial of visiting visa. :help: :help: .Thank You.

The only way you will know is to apply for ESTA. Although you have dual citizenship, your data remains the same - name, place of birth, etc - so it will depend a lot on the reason your visa was denied ni the first place. If the reason for denial was based on insufficient ties with your home country, you may be able to get your ESTA approved, for such presumption is diminished for citizens of VWP countries. On the other hand, if the visa denial was based on something more serious, your ESTA may be denied as well.

Good luck!

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.