DanielMDQ

What are my chances of being denied entry after b2 denial?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Everyone! this is Daniel from Argentina

Back on feb 2010 i got a visa denial, due to lack of ties (very unfairly by the way) with my argentinian passport.

1 month later, i got my italian citizenship and i went to get the passport to be able to use the VWP, so after almost 2 months of my visa denial i applied for ESTA, i declared the visa denial, and it came back approved.

I went to the USA on July 2010, surprisingly they didn't send me to secondary inspection, they just asked me how long i was gonna stay and how did i get my italian citizenship, just that, i was sooo expecting to go to 2ndary.

On March 2011 i went to LA for a week, the POE was Philadelphia airport and this time yes, they sent me to secondary inspection, the officers were really nice tough,2 young guys, and after telling them why they denied me the visa they let me go.

So now, i applied for a new ESTA because the other one is already expired, of course i declared the visa denial, and it came back approved again.

Next month i'll go to NYC for 2 weeks...but this time i'm taking my cousin, who is a 18 years old girl, and i'm worrying that if they sent me back to Argentina i would have to leave my cousin alone in the states :S

Do you think that now that i went to the US twice after the visa denial, i will look more "realiable" to the officers?

Thank you!!

Daniel.

ps: by the way, when ESTA goes to "pending status" does it mean that a human (officer) is gonna check ur immigration history and take a decision?

Filed: Timeline

Hi Everyone! this is Daniel from ArgentinaBack on feb 2010 i got a visa denial, due to lack of ties (very unfairly by the way) with my argentinian passport.1 month later, i got my italian citizenship and i went to get the passport to be able to use the VWP, so after almost 2 months of my visa denial i applied for ESTA, i declared the visa denial, and it came back approved.I went to the USA on July 2010, surprisingly they didn't send me to secondary inspection, they just asked me how long i was gonna stay and how did i get my italian citizenship, just that, i was sooo expecting to go to 2ndary.On March 2011 i went to LA for a week, the POE was Philadelphia airport and this time yes, they sent me to secondary inspection, the officers were really nice tough,2 young guys, and after telling them why they denied me the visa they let me go.So now, i applied for a new ESTA because the other one is already expired, of course i declared the visa denial, and it came back approved again.Next month i'll go to NYC for 2 weeks...but this time i'm taking my cousin, who is a 18 years old girl, and i'm worrying that if they sent me back to Argentina i would have to leave my cousin alone in the states :SDo you think that now that i went to the US twice after the visa denial, i will look more "realiable" to the officers?Thank you!!Daniel.ps: by the way, when ESTA goes to "pending status" does it mean that a human (officer) is gonna check ur immigration history and take a decision?

That's strange that ESTA would be approved after a visa denial. At least you were honest about it so they can't hold that against you. A visa denial is a visa denial no matter what country's passport you hold so you did the right thing by declaring it on your ESTA.

I don't have any clear answer here for you here. The law states you can't use the VWP with a previous visa denial. But you survived secondary after declaring the visa denial..

Edited by jaejayC

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

There's no way you can be completely sure, but yes, having visited for a couple weeks every year in the past 2 years, can make you a little more "reliable". They know you visited and then went back home, so they might be more inclined to believe you're gonna do just the same.

Again, you can never be sure that you'll be granted entry.

CR1 Visa

USCIS STAGE: 16 days No expedite request but USC residing abroad
NVC STAGE: 19 days from case # to case complete
EMBASSY STAGE
03/27/12: interview - APPROVED
04/12/12: POE San Diego

ROC
12/19/14: received reminder letter from USCIS to file for ROC
01/15/14: sent I-751 application

05/14/14: received card production notification by e-mail, approval date 05/13

Naturalization

02/01/24: N-400 submitted online; Biometrics reuse notice received immediately online; "case being actively reviewed" after a couple hours

02/09/24: received NOA1 by mail

02/10/24: received biometrics reuse notice by mail

04/08/24: interview scheduled for 05/14. Received "We have taken an action in your case" email.

Filed: Timeline

There's no way you can be completely sure, but yes, having visited for a couple weeks every year in the past 2 years, can make you a little more "reliable". They know you visited and then went back home, so they might be more inclined to believe you're gonna do just the same.Again, you can never be sure that you'll be granted entry.

I second that. There's no system or rule to it. But having a positive immigration history shows them too can be trusted to stick to there visa rules.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.