Saylin

NVC Filers - April 2013

2,135 posts in this topic

Cool. Thanks.

Walmart stamped them. Are they supposed to do that?

Not really. Did you get the 2x2 size?

Tbh, I don't think it's a huge deal but you need to be able to write you case #, dob, and full name on them.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

I have just order my 2012 tax transcript. I have everything else and ready to send by monday. Am i better off waiting for the transcript to arrive to send or copy my 1040 and w2?

Married on 3/17/12

USCIS
08/10/12 - Send i130
08/14/12 - NOA1
03/18/13 - NOA2

NVC
03/25/13 - Received Case
04/03/13 - Received Case and Invoice ID number
04/05/13 - DS-3032 Emailed
04/11/13 - AOS Invoice paid
04/16/13 - AOS shows paid
04/17/13 - DS-3032 Received
04/18/13 - DS-3032 Accepted
04/19/13 - IV Invoice paid

04/29/13 - NVC receives IV Package

05/06/13 - NVC recieves AOS Package

05/15/13 - Case Complete

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

I have just order my 2012 tax transcript. I have everything else and ready to send by monday. Am i better off waiting for the transcript to arrive to send or copy my 1040 and w2?

We sent 1040 and W2 copies and it was fine. We didn't include transcripts. They completed our case without any checklist. I think either way it's okay... but it is your call

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Not really. Did you get the 2x2 size?

Tbh, I don't think it's a huge deal but you need to be able to write you case #, dob, and full name on them.

I'll just go back and get them to redo it.

IR-1 Visa Timeline (Service Center: Vermont)

image.png.806852c45242bc72b5f44a862566bdaf.png

N-400 Timeline (Field Office: Orlando, FL) & Voter Registration (Online)

image.png.c85e21010f669e0303f6fafb51f19f82.png

Passport Timeline (Submitted at USPS, Standard Processing, Standard Delivery, Locator number: 51) & SSA Update & Naturalization Certificate Receipt

03/23/2022: Application for passport submitted at USPS facility under standard processing.

04/04/2022: Status changed to “The U.S. Department of State has received your application for your passport book on 04/04/2022. We're now reviewing your application and supporting documents...Your application locator number is 51*******.

04/04/2022: Check for passport cashed.

05/03/2022: Status changed to "The U.S. Department of State approved your application for your passport book. We're now printing your passport book and preparing to give it to you. You should receive your passport book on or around 05/09/2022."

05/05/2022: Passport Received.

05/09/2022: SSA Citizenship Status Updated.

05/25/2022: Naturalization Certificate received in mail.

I got the IV bill e-mail minutes ago but I don't see it in the fee portal yet. Any clues when it will show?

I'm a dual US/Hungarian citizen (both by birth; Hungarian citizenship verification TBA), and my husband is a dual British/Irish citizen (by treaty) from Northern Ireland. We are atheists.

All advice is given pursuant to the Disclaimer that you may read at the bottom of each forum page.

LATEST STEPS:

28 Jun 2013: POE Houston

08 Jul 2013: SSN received (at SSA office)

07 Aug 2013: Green Card received

27 Feb 2014: Whoa, life happened. Planning move "back home" together to Republic of Ireland by end of April.

29 Apr 2014: POE Dublin through Heathrow

15 May 2014: Received formal residency/work permission (GNIB card with Stamp 4, one year renewable) for the ROI

For my FULL timeline, see my "About Me" page.

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. (Carl Sagan)

Saylin thank you for the response sorry for late replying on the message. Another question how can I request for expediting my request. and to whom Im gonna address it. thank you.

Once you have a case number, call up an operator and ask on how to expedite. They'll explain the process to you.

We have a CASE COMPLETE at NVC!!! :dance:

Thanks everyone for this useful thread and of course thank you Saylin for all your great work you are doing here every day. :thumbs:

Congrats! kicking.gif

Here's something I'm not familiar with based on the guides.

Today for the first time, when I called for my case number, she reviewed my email address, phone numbers, and gave me the actual case number.

However, she said she didn't have an invoice identification number yet.

Is this normal? She didn't seem reluctant to give it, just that they hadn't gotten one yet.

Is this something I should wait to call back about until Monday?

Or is it something that could be assigned later this afternoon?

Sometimes the two numbers aren't assigned at the same time, so it may take a few hours before the IIN is assigned.

Don't forget to ask for the BIN, this is needed for online forms!

We were also told by NVC operator that our case is complete.

We recieved checklist for missing petitioner's marriage certificate even though we had included it with DS-230 package. I guess they found it during supervisor review because they just got our checklist response yesterday and they don't have any record of receiving checklist response (aka second original marriage certificate). However, the operator told us that they will just add the second original marriage certificate to the file and will not open the case again. Is that true?

Congrats! kicking.gif

And they may or may not. I can't remember who it was, but they sent either a checklist response or an additional document, and NVC ended up opening their case again. But I'm not sure if this happens every time. You'll just have to wait and see.

salin , i just called them again , same answer it may take up to 20 business days to be reviewed cuz egypt takes more time ... as if they send the package to be reviewed in egypt .... any advice ??

Just keep calling, that's all you can do. I say once more before they close tonight for the week yes.gif

Quick question. So my AOS was approved yesterday and I am about to send a copy of all the documents I submitted to the NVC & USCIS to my spouse. Anyhow, since the submital of the AOS, I have received an increase in salary. Should I send in a new revised letter from HR (already have) and a new I-864 signed by me to my spouse to take to the interview? As far as paystubs are concerned, should I also send updated pay stubs? Do these have to be current or will the presents one do? For example, if the Interview is in Mid June, do they want June paystubs or will April suffice?

Definitely send all updated forms and documents. A raise in salary is great good.gif and the officers like to see that yes.gif If you can send at least one pay stub with the new increase that'd be good. Doesn't need to be super current; April will be fine.

please help! my noa2 is feb 22,until now nvc didnt receive of file,and the nvcreseach reply this,wat does it mean?TIA

Please be advised that the National Visa

Center (NVC) contacted U.S. Citizenship

and Immigration Service (USCIS) to

locate your approved petition. USCIS has

informed the NVC, that your petition will

be en route to the NVC shortly. Please

allow ample time for file transfer. Once

we have received your petition, the

appropriate agent will receive further

instructions within 6 to 8 weeks.

That's the standard response from NVCResearch. You need to be contacting USCIS, not NVC. Ask a Tier 2 at USCIS when they sent the case out (if at all).

Was your case approved at a local office?

Hello everyone! NVC received our papers at last after 55 days from approval. We waited so long for this and thank God finally. We got already our case number the other day and now waiting for AOS bill. I already sent the DS-3032 via email. I am the beneficiary. I also sent an expedite request due to my husband's health condition and it is still under review. I have questions to ask. My husband filed his income tax return last month via snail mail and he called the IRS today to order for a recent transcript and they don't have his record yet. Is it okay to send the AOS packet without the transcript yet? but he has w2, form 1040,recent pay stubs and letter of employment. We will have a co-sponsor and he can provide the ITR for the past 3 yrs and other reqts. My husband didnot file ITR since 2007-2011 for he was unemployed. Do you think, we will have problems on him not filing? but he has a permanent job since aug 2012. Thank you very much for your answers.

A tax transcript won't be ready until the IRS has processed and accepted the return. If you don't include transcripts, then you need to include the ENTIRE tax return. This means the 1040, W2s, 1099s, schedules, worksheets, etc. Basically, everything that was sent to the IRS has to be sent to NVC. You'll need to include a letter as to why he did not file in 2010 and 2011 (NVC doesn't care about the earlier dates as there's no questions on the I-864 about those years; only the last 3 years).

FREE of charge all the times too :rofl::dance::thumbs:

I'm always open to payments innocent.gifdevil.gif

Yaaaay! Case complete as per April 15.

Keeping my fingers crossed that our embassy has plenty of room to interview me, so that NVC can schedule me soon.

Congrats! kicking.gif

Just got my NVC case complete email. I thought it was my interview email. B-)

Haha, they're trying to pull your leg :P

AOS shows PAID now. Thanks, all! I've pretty much completed the DS-260. I'm just going to review it tonight or tomorrow before I submit it.

Yay progress good.gif

Do you send in photocopies of the 2 photos that are supposed to be included in the IV packet when doing electronic filing?

Yes. Although people have been getting "checklists" after case complete to bring the originals to the interview, MTL isn't listed as not supposed to send them with the IV according to this page: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3195.html#photographs so still include them in the IV package. I gave tips on what I did in my wiki.

Cool. Thanks.

Walmart stamped them. Are they supposed to do that?

Doesn't matter if they're stamped or not.

I suggest waiting for the transcripts, just because they're much preferred by NVC. Not only is it less pages, but it's actual proof you filed your taxes. But, if you don't want to wait, then send the package without the transcript. Just make sure you send the ENTIRE tax return. This isn't just the 1040 and W2s, but also any 1099s, schedules, and worksheets.

I got the IV bill e-mail minutes ago but I don't see it in the fee portal yet. Any clues when it will show?

Could be any minute now! ;)

okaaay. We just got another checklist.

This one is asking for Immigrant Visa Application Part 1.

WTH?? I filed my DS-260 on-line and it reads completed and has for a while now.

I’m glad hubby has taken over calling them. They are driving me crazy.

Is Ben & Jerry’s considered calorie free if you eat it during immigrant visa processing?

Yes hikergirl it is! I'll join you! Lol.

How silly can they be with you?! Hubs needs to lay down the law! "get my wife here er else!" ;)

Edited by NikiR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

okaaay. We just got another checklist.

This one is asking for Immigrant Visa Application Part 1.

WTH?? I filed my DS-260 on-line and it reads completed and has for a while now.

I’m glad hubby has taken over calling them. They are driving me crazy.

Is Ben & Jerry’s considered calorie free if you eat it during immigrant visa processing?

Yes ben and jerrys is considered calorie free when going through this process . Lol

8/25/2012 - Married in DR

EMBASSY:

05/29/2013-Medical
06/21/2013-Interview Date
6/21/2013 APPROVED

06-24-2013-Visa ISSUED

6-26-2013 VISA IN HAND
06-30-2013-POE-JFK NYC

DOCUMENTS RECEIVED UPON POE

7/9/2013 - SS Card

01/06/2014- green card

Could be any minute now! ;)

Yup, got it and paid!! :)

I'm a dual US/Hungarian citizen (both by birth; Hungarian citizenship verification TBA), and my husband is a dual British/Irish citizen (by treaty) from Northern Ireland. We are atheists.

All advice is given pursuant to the Disclaimer that you may read at the bottom of each forum page.

LATEST STEPS:

28 Jun 2013: POE Houston

08 Jul 2013: SSN received (at SSA office)

07 Aug 2013: Green Card received

27 Feb 2014: Whoa, life happened. Planning move "back home" together to Republic of Ireland by end of April.

29 Apr 2014: POE Dublin through Heathrow

15 May 2014: Received formal residency/work permission (GNIB card with Stamp 4, one year renewable) for the ROI

For my FULL timeline, see my "About Me" page.

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. (Carl Sagan)

hi everyone! we're just confused about our AOS. since my husband has zero income on his last 3 years, we got our joint sponsor, his parents. they filled up 1 i-864a since they have joint income in itr also their w2s. My father inlaw as our household member sponsor with my mother and father nlaw's signature on it. Are we doing it right? thank you

Lord God You Know All Things, You Can Do All Things. We Trust You So Much!
THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Waiting on interview date, do we need to submit 2012 transcript at the time of the interview again? I snailed mailed income tax last month and am waiting for IRS to process before requesting transcript.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.