Klaxi

Waiting for green card

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

Hi All,

I came to the USA on K-1, I wont bother you with all the dates, but my Biometrics for Green Card were done in June, 2012. So, it is more than 9 months and I still havent got my green card. What is your experience? Is this "normal"? Should I contact someone or just stay put and wait?

I would like to travel outside USA, so that is the main reason I need my green card, I don't have AP.

Can you help me with your suggestions, what should I do?

Thank you.

event.png

Hi All,

I came to the USA on K-1, I wont bother you with all the dates, but my Biometrics for Green Card were done in June, 2012. So, it is more than 9 months and I still havent got my green card. What is your experience? Is this "normal"? Should I contact someone or just stay put and wait?

I would like to travel outside USA, so that is the main reason I need my green card, I don't have AP.

Can you help me with your suggestions, what should I do?

Thank you.

I think you might be about to get it....Was there an interview??

I'd make an Infopass appointment asap and have the AP petition ready in case you need to use it.

Timeline

I think you might be about to get it....Was there an interview??

I'd make an Infopass appointment asap and have the AP petition ready in case you need to use it.

I tried to make an appointment online but no success, I guess I will have to go there in person.

After Biometrics there was no interview or any word from them. Either is case lost somewhere, or I just don't have luck at all:)

event.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

No, it's just normal because the processing time is pretty long...

K-1 Visa Timeline AOS Timeline

- Aug 31st, 2011 - Mailed I-129F package - May 29th, 2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package

- Apr 13th, 2012 - Visa received - Aug 24th, 2012 - Green Card received

ROC Timeline

- May 19th, 2014 - Mailed ROC package to CSC

- Aug 8th, 2014 - Green Card received

N-400 Timeline

- Dec 29th, 2021 - Filed online. Got notice that biometrics will be reused.

- Now waiting...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from main AOS/Family-Based forum to the Case Progress subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It's taking extremely long these days. Many people in the ssme boat. Start the paperwork for AP if you need to travel..

27 January 2012: Mailed I-129F

03 February 2012: NOA1( e-mail & Text)

03 February 2012: Check Cashed

NO RFE'S

22 June 2012 : NOA2 (e-mail & Text)

16 July 2012: Manila Case Number(by phone)

17 July 2012: Interview paid at BPI

19 July 2012: Set interview for Mid-Aug

23-24 July 2012: Medical St. Lukes(passed)

24 July 2012: CFO Seminar(had to go next morning for landline #)- PASSED

02 Aug 2012: Received e-mail from USEM our case is there.

15 Aug 2012: Interview at USEM - APPROVED

13 SEP 2012: POE Minneapolis, MN

27 OCT 2012: Married

19 NOV 2012: AOS package sent

05 DEC 2012: NOA's I-765, I-131, I-485

14 DEC 2012: Biometrics appointment finished(Walk-in..Was scheduled Jan 04 2013)

02 FEB 2013: I-131 and I-765 Approved

07 FEB 2013: USPS Picked up the combo-card

11 FEB 2013: Received Combo-card

21 FEB 2013: Transit Visa picked up in Chicago for Japan

Timeline

It's taking extremely long these days. Many people in the ssme boat. Start the paperwork for AP if you need to travel..

I scheduled Infopass appointment in April, so I will see what is going on. It is really strange that some people get it in few weeks or months and others have to wait over a year.

event.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

I scheduled Infopass appointment in April, so I will see what is going on. It is really strange that some people get it in few weeks or months and others have to wait over a year.

No, it's just that about half of the AOS from K-1 cases are scheduled for an interview (a few months wait). Others are waived from an interview and are processed much slower (some people have waited more than a year), which seems to be your case.

It mostly depends on where you live. Some USCIS offices are busier than others.

K-1 Visa Timeline AOS Timeline

- Aug 31st, 2011 - Mailed I-129F package - May 29th, 2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package

- Apr 13th, 2012 - Visa received - Aug 24th, 2012 - Green Card received

ROC Timeline

- May 19th, 2014 - Mailed ROC package to CSC

- Aug 8th, 2014 - Green Card received

N-400 Timeline

- Dec 29th, 2021 - Filed online. Got notice that biometrics will be reused.

- Now waiting...

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Ok.

I went to the USCIS after I scheduled INFOPASS interview, and now I think I know less than I did before.

So, the officer told me that last update in his system is that I did Biometrics in June, 2012 (like I didn't know that???) Than he gave me one paper with all the emails and told me to send the email to California center. Ooook, one month waiting to get that information. So, nothing solved... next step writing an email.

I did that immediately when I get back home and I got automatic reply that they wont send me any emails:

"If you are asking for a status update you must contact the NCSC. We will not respond to your status update inquiry." (Can someone, pls, explain to me whom should I contact???)

After that I called 800 number. which was on that paper I got from the officer at USCIS center. The lady on the phone did't know a thing. When I told her the officer told me that my case is in California she asked if he gave me that in written? Hm, he gave me only one photocopied paper with all the general information and circled the California center email. But obviously that wasn't enough.

So now, INFOPASS didn't help, writing email didn't help, calling 800 number didn't help.

My case is already over 10 months (since Biometrics) in process and I have no clue if it is lost or whatever. They send me from one place to another, and no one is not qualified to help.

Sometimes I think it is not worth to do things the regular way, because people who don't follow the rules always get the better treatment.

event.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.