kcbowhunter

CSC CLOSED DUE TO PLUMBING ISSUES

66 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Friday is not a federal holiday so they have to pretend they work that day.

Yep, they'll be at work and not process I-129Fs as well.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

What would "action" look like exactly? My fiance is calling his congressman today. We are just under 5 months since application but he is calling about all the issues and delays. Is the that best "action" we can do??? Any thoughts?

Contacting congressman or senator is something you can do. Personally I still believe people need to come together and contact the ombudsman with a united message about CSC. I tried a little while ago, but not sure how many others also contacted them.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/415740-cis-ombudsman

NOA1 - 8/24/2012

NOA2 - 3/18/2013 Only took 207 days at CSC

event.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just saw on USGIS site under alerts that CSC is closed due to plumbing issues. They may be closed tomorrow also.

Should I say "What Else Could Happen"? ahhhh! On Igor's list i am at #735...doesn't look very encouraging. Should I get ready for another year? For me..it seems they deal with Canadians VERY SLOWLY"..oh well..

Plumbing issues! Imagine! lol...isn't the US looking to create jobs? Another 200 people at USCIS should get us all through in 3 months.

Apr 11/13...married in Las Vegas
Apr 18/13...filed 1-130
Apr 22/13...received notification Noa1

Nov 26/13...218 days transferred from NBC to CSC

Dec 30/13..Notification of approval NOA2

Jan 9/14....Received by NVC

Feb 10/14...Obtained Case#, IIN,BIN#'s

Feb 10/14...sent OPTIN email..received

Feb 15/14...Confirmation for DS261

Feb 20/14...AOS shows PAID

Feb 20/14...Received Document Cover sheet (bar coded)

Feb 28/14.. received OPTIN approval

Feb 28/14...emailed OAS package

Mar 4/14 paid IV Bill

Mar 6/14 submitted DS260

Apr 14/14 Case Complete NVC

Apr 17/14 Received instructions for appt

Apr 21/14 Case sent electronically to Montreal.

May 30/14 appt in Montreal

May 30/14 APPROVED!!! YIPPEE

June 4/14 Passport with Visa in Hand! (quick eh)
Aug 20/14 POE Detroit Bridge

Aug 26/14 received SSN (card)

May 23/16 Filed 1-751 (California)

Nov 26/16 751 Approved 10 yr card on way.

N400

Dec 27/17   Mailed application

Dec 29/18   Priority Date

Jan 4/18     NOA..Fee pd

Jan 24/18   Biometrics

Feb 9/19    N400 Interview in Las Vegas- Approved!!

Mar 8/19   Oath Ceremony

Mar 8/19   I'm a citizen!!

Timeline

Contacting congressman or senator is something you can do. Personally I still believe people need to come together and contact the ombudsman with a united message about CSC. I tried a little while ago, but not sure how many others also contacted them.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/415740-cis-ombudsman

I have read alot on VJ about "Congressional intervention" including that USCIS has special people alloted to deal with these requests..Most here seem to be naysayers...well I contacted a Congressman who sent me to the Senator who's office called back immediately. They said you need to show some "hardship" with the delay. Well I am sure we are have them...I wonder though considering their mandate is 5 months...what they will do.. Perhaps nothing...but sending off the letter certainly made me feel proactive. I will keep you posted.

Apr 18/13...filed 1-130

Mar 4/14 paid IV Bill

Mar 6/14 submitted DS260

N400

Jan 4/18     NOA..Fee pd

Jan 24/18   Biometrics

Mar 8/19   Oath Ceremony

Timeline

All us CSC people are waiting patiently for an update. They are 8 months out and holding! Who on VJ will be the first person to see the update? I was wondering though...do you think that some of the people on Igor's K1 list have maybe changed their minds..done CR1 or K3? or in the worst scenario given up. Seems many people haven't updated timelines and maybe just fell off the map or dare say...broken up! If there is anything to show true love and dedication it is this journey...imagine having to prove it after all this!

Apr 18/13...filed 1-130

Mar 4/14 paid IV Bill

Mar 6/14 submitted DS260

N400

Jan 4/18     NOA..Fee pd

Jan 24/18   Biometrics

Mar 8/19   Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

All us CSC people are waiting patiently for an update. They are 8 months out and holding! Who on VJ will be the first person to see the update? I was wondering though...do you think that some of the people on Igor's K1 list have maybe changed their minds..done CR1 or K3? or in the worst scenario given up. Seems many people haven't updated timelines and maybe just fell off the map or dare say...broken up! If there is anything to show true love and dedication it is this journey...imagine having to prove it after all this!

I am wondering the same thing. I saw people who applied early in 2012 and still have not received NOA2. There are lots of them. It would be nice to have them removed from the list if they are no longer actively seeking a K1 visa... not that it helps us but it does make the list look a bit shorter. We did call our congressman today. We are still under 5 months but we called about the delay in process. The fellow who answered asked pertinent relevant questions and said he will get back to us. Maybe a whole bunch of politicians can get the ball rolling... maybe. :blink:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I think we need to sign a petition about all these delays. Its not like situation was not bad enough already! Every day their work load gets higher and higher which is causing more setbacks. The way its going we will be lucky to get an approval this year! Petition to the ombudsman???

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

I have read alot on VJ about "Congressional intervention" including that USCIS has special people alloted to deal with these requests..Most here seem to be naysayers...well I contacted a Congressman who sent me to the Senator who's office called back immediately. They said you need to show some "hardship" with the delay. Well I am sure we are have them...I wonder though considering their mandate is 5 months...what they will do.. Perhaps nothing...but sending off the letter certainly made me feel proactive. I will keep you posted.

Based on my successful Congressional inquiry I wouldn't bother contacting them until you are past 5 months and don't expect them to do anything till after 6 or 7 months unless you truly have a significant hardship. The immigration liaison with the Congressman's or Senator's staff only has the ability to inquire about specific cases. How strongly they inquire seems to determine results they have. They are not there to create fundamental change with USCIS, just get answers about specific cases, it's possible enough congressional inquires will get the attention of USCIS.

NOA1 - 8/24/2012

NOA2 - 3/18/2013 Only took 207 days at CSC

event.png

Did the plumbing issue start in August 2012 and they just released the notification now?

:lol:

Blue Bianchi

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

01/08/2020 Day 00 - Submitted N-400 online

01/11/2020 Day 03 - Received NOA online, Priority Date January 8, 2020

01/14/2020 Day 06 - Received notice of Biometrics appointment online.

01/31/2020 Day 20 - Biometrics Appointment (scheduled)
07/08/2020 Day 183 - Received online notice of citizenship interview 
08/21/2020 Day 227 - Citizenship interview
08/21/2020 Day 227 - Citizenship Oath (Same day as interview!)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

What would "action" look like exactly? My fiance is calling his congressman today. We are just under 5 months since application but he is calling about all the issues and delays. Is the that best "action" we can do??? Any thoughts?

Yes. That is the start. General complaint to all your congressional representation. Also to the USCIS ombudsman. Why not also to the White House while we are at it?

Beyond that, press releases to media outlets to see if any will take up the cause (very good idea for VJ'ers in the city/county where CSC is located).

Some have mentioned going to CSC and starting a protest. If we could actually get 100+ folks or so, we could actually get media coverage and perhaps get some dialogue started...

How about a class-action lawsuit? Any grounds for this? Hey you lawyers out there, any idea if this is a possibility? I am a techie, so this outside my area of expertise...

That is a start for some ideas.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

let's hope the petitions didn't get wet..lol

NOPe!!!dont worry they have good dryers or heaters ,now the way they are running the place hope they dont dry up so much that it burns...lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.